Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Storing All Things Must Pass  (Read 1998 times)

duane v

• One And One Is Two
Storing All Things Must Pass
« on: September 20, 2008, 03:35:48 PM »

I have a little dilemma,

My ATMP album set is in perfect condition, you would swear it was purchased yesterday (no pun intended Paul) :P. I do all the normal storage routines by keeping the album separated from the album jacket and inner sleeves. However I'm beginning to have some concerns about the 2 mil clear poly bags that house the jacket. It's a pretty snug fit, and it's starting to push down on the jacket sleeve due to the thickness of the album jacket. I've had the album jacket out of the poly bag for about two weeks and it appears to have reversed the slight pushing condition the poly bag has created over time.

What I'm asking is what storage techniques do some of you use, when storing an album set like ATMP???

thanx for the help :)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Storing All Things Must Pass
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 07:53:46 PM »

Buy a new one, a remastered edition.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »

Quote from: 1393
Buy a new one, a remastered edition.

What a bloody stupid thing to say! The man wants to know how to best keep his vinyl!

Duane. I have a friend who only buys vinyl, so I'll ask for you. Give me a few days.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 07:28:50 PM »

BlueMeanie, why are you attacking me?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »

Quote from: 1583
I have a little dilemma,

My ATMP album set is in perfect condition, you would swear it was purchased yesterday (no pun intended Paul) :P. I do all the normal storage routines by keeping the album separated from the album jacket and inner sleeves. However I'm beginning to have some concerns about the 2 mil clear poly bags that house the jacket. It's a pretty snug fit, and it's starting to push down on the jacket sleeve due to the thickness of the album jacket. I've had the album jacket out of the poly bag for about two weeks and it appears to have reversed the slight pushing condition the poly bag has created over time.

What I'm asking is what storage techniques do some of you use, when storing an album set like ATMP???

thanx for the help :)
bring it over here i will store it for you....take it out of the plastic...plastic always shrinks...put it some place dry...no matter what it is hard to say whats right...i have a shaved fish in the cellophane and the corners are curling...maybe put it in between books on the book shelf up right of course.....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 10:05:57 PM »

Quote from: 483

What a bloody stupid thing to say! The man wants to know how to best keep his vinyl!

Duane. I have a friend who only buys vinyl, so I'll ask for you. Give me a few days.
that is a bit harsh there dude.... :-/

duane v

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 12:35:13 AM »

Thanks for the responses..... I found a solutuion 8)

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 12:04:39 AM »

did you put it in acid free plastic????you need to do each sleeve each disc seperately and take the records out of the binder..they will wear it...

duane v

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 09:00:29 PM »

Quote from: 284
did you put it in acid free plastic????you need to do each sleeve each disc seperately and take the records out of the binder..they will wear it...

Absolutely sir ;)

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 12:40:11 AM »

good stuff man....i recently pulled out my cowsills greatest hit to play this song...
Ord6UXaep_w

and to my horror this pristine record was in a regular old plastic bag and the paper ...oh the paper how it did cling all over the inside of the bag and the record label had some mildew...sh*t...... ??) :'(

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 51 queries.