Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Whats up with the Malware warnings?  (Read 3947 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Whats up with the Malware warnings?
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2018, 12:25:51 AM »

That’s interesting, Kathy. Maybe this is something different than than what I’ve been experiencing. It would be a good idea to do a full scan with your antivirus then a malware scan. Cover all the bases.  ;)

Thanks, Kelley; that's exactly what I did last night (I use McAfee), and nothing turned up.

I'll try Malwarebites, Barry; thanks.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2018, 01:23:11 AM »

I'll try Malwarebites, Barry; thanks.

Yes, please do Kathleen.  These days an anti-virus program alone is just not enough.  A good anti-malware program is absolutely necessary to protect you.  I've been using Malwarebytes for several years.  It's a potent anti-spyware program and it's free.  The registered program, for a modest annual fee, automatically downloads updates and scans at your chosen schedule.  In the free version, you update and scan manually.  Otherwise, both the registered and free programs are identical.  You'll see a distinct difference in your computer operation when Malwarebytes is in use.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2018, 10:41:59 AM »

Thanks again for the advice, Barry. I downloaded Malwarebytes (the Premium version; I have to do a lot of online searching for my work) and it seems to be doing great! I ran the first scan and it flagged 81 (!) potential threats, which I quickly quarantined.

I am still getting a "Not Secure" flag for this site, though, so I'll probably pop in now and then and will be sure to not click on any links.  :'(

KelMar

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2018, 06:08:24 PM »

I still think the problem is that this site is unencrypted. But I’m glad you were able to get that nasty stuff off your computer, Kathy. Blue Meanies are all over the Internet!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2018, 06:11:22 PM »

You're welcome, Kathleen.  I get the occasional Malwarebytes flag too but I'm not troubled by it as the program is just blocking what it has to block.

Kelley explained a possible reason for the problem...It’s because we’re logging in with an unencrypted site. Most sites have “https” now instead of just “http” at the beginning of the web address.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2018, 02:03:50 AM »

You're welcome, Kathleen.  I get the occasional Malwarebytes flag too but I'm not troubled by it as the program is just blocking what it has to block.

Yes, I was happy to see it caught so many files. That makes me wonder how effective McAfee is. I've been using that for years and actually still have it (thanks to auto-renewal, which I've turned off) until October or something.

Kelley explained a possible reason for the problem...It’s because we’re logging in with an unencrypted site. Most sites have “https” now instead of just “http” at the beginning of the web address.

Ah, right; I'd forgotten about that!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.381 seconds with 43 queries.