Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: so is an actual world war upon us?  (Read 4954 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: so is an actual world war upon us?
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 06:32:35 PM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
People die in wars most of the time, I know this is news to most of you, but it happens & it's the best way to defeat the enemy.  Bush is worse than Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot & of course, Bin Laden from the far left's perspective.

This isn't about who's worse. Sure Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot killed more people than Bush. * But that doesn't mean Bush is innocent. That doesn't change the fact that 300.000 people died in wars that George W. Bush started.

And don't tell me I don't know what Hitler did. My grandfather was imprisoned in Germany for 2 years during the war, my other grandfather was forced to work for the Germans, the church that's right across the street from where I live was blown to bits and many people in the town where I live were deported or executed. Dumbass.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 06:34:18 PM »

You can't have peace in the world, unless you defeat the evil first, which is a stretch for some of you sadly.

From the US point of view Iran and North Korea are evil. From the Iranian and North Korean point of view, the USA is evil. So they should just destroy each other? So basically you just want humanity to end?

You see things MUCH too black and white.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2006, 08:44:59 AM »

Quote from: dwarf_mcdougal
Are we talking about the same China? They are a huge economic power and military ability. I don't know what cultural influence has to do with being a superpower. They could snuff out just about anyone they want to over there. Good Lord. You gotta read people, learn a little history rather than clutch at straws.

Sorry, but I see it differently. China has just had a massive increase in its defence budget to $30 billion (about the 6th biggest in the world), but that is dwarfed by the US's $419 billion.It has only just achieved missile technology that could hit the west coast. It definately lacks the capacity to ship and supply a force of any size beyond its borders (such as the US can globally). There is only one superpower in the world, and that's the responsable, peace-loving USA.
So unless you live next door China militaraly is not a threat. Fifty years from now, maybe, if it carries on this course.   I have no more reason to distrust them any more than I do the US. The more I read, the more I understand, the less I fear. They're not evil people. They don't want to rule the world. They want us to buy their products. Why should they be any more warlike or a greater threat than the US? And chowmein is so much better for you than McDonalds.
I don't so much see as grasping as straws as not seeing threats and dangers in every shadow.
don't follow leaders

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2006, 09:34:55 AM »

Quote from: dwarf_mcdougal
  I don't know what cultural influence has to do with being a superpower.

Surely one of the secrets of US success was its cultural influence. People looked at the US and its way of life and wanted a bit of the action. Same went for the Greeks, Romans and British. Powers that rely on military strength alone are invariably very short lived.
 I can't imagine the peoples of Eastern Europe say, overthrowing their governments in order to pursue a Chinese style of life. In fact I would say it was vitally important. It hasn't all been about guns.
don't follow leaders

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2006, 11:50:17 AM »

but he's alright at the moment in the war on terror.

OK, let's check his 'war on terror' record, shall we?
- Osama Bin Laden is still a free man, 5 years after 9/11
- Al Qaida is still alive and kicking and more popular than ever in the middle east
- He invaded a country only to find out they never had any weapons of mass destruction or ties with Al Qaida
- His 'war on terror' so far has costed about 100x as many lives as 9/11 has
- Prior to 9/11, Bush had TWICE as many FBI agents working on the war or drugs as on the war on terror, and even today there are 2,000 FBI agents working full time for the war on drugs

Bobber

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2006, 01:35:13 PM »

The war is near, even the Beatles bus was attacked:

ATTACK ON BEATLE BUS

A TOUR guide was slashed by flying glass when a brick was hurled through the window of a bus showing Beatles fans the group's Liverpool landmarks.

The yob who threw the brick near Paul McCartney's childhood home was said to be only about 10.

Guide Neil Brannan was hurt as he tried to protect his passengers.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2006, 04:20:13 AM »

^That sounds typically right of modern Britain.... As long as my brother does not have to go to Iraq again, I'll be happy.

When someone tells me what the war is really about then I may be able to comment properly.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2006, 06:19:48 AM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle
When someone tells me what the war is really about then I may be able to comment properly.

Operation Iraqi Liberation.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2006, 04:23:36 PM »

I know it's the oil and I like the slogan but we have already proved to ourselves that we don't need oil. That's not good for America's business though is it?

Why can't the world just unite on humanitarian grounds? Now that would be just too simple would'nt it? There is a form of genocide that would help the world...I call it ego-death!
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Wayne L.

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2006, 09:30:07 PM »

Is Bush more guilty than Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein & Adolf Hitler Biscuit Power?  He will be thought of as a great president 50 years from now, while far left liberal whackos will be whining as usual.  Calling me dumbass makes you feel so tall.  Not.  

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2006, 06:56:59 AM »

Is Bush more guilty than Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein & Adolf Hitler Biscuit Power?

Like I wrote LITERALLY a few posts ago:
"Sure Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot killed more people than Bush. But that doesn't mean Bush is innocent."

He will be thought of as a great president 50 years from now

He most definately will not. Just read the George W. Bush Resume I posted on page 4 of the "President Bush & The Democrats" discussion. And besides that, 50 years from now, the USA will still be suffering from the financial and environmental f*ck ups Bush is making today. George W. Bush will go down in history as one of the greatest mistakes the USA ever made.

Calling me dumbass makes you feel so tall.  Not.

Calling names doesn't make me feel tall. Sometimes you're just asking for it. You know damn well what you deserved this one for.

Wayne L.

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2006, 11:53:14 AM »

Bush will be remembered as a great president BP, while you be rememberd as a nobody.  

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2006, 01:02:24 PM »

Bush will be remembered as a great president BP, while you be rememberd as a nobody.  

LOL  ;D

Being remembered and being a nobody, aren't those things pretty much each others' opposites?

And I'm not too worried about my legacy. I'm currently fairly succesful as a musician, as a writer and as a graphic designer. How about you?

Wayne L.

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2006, 01:50:24 PM »

I doubt that you're successful at anything in life Biscuit Power, because you're too uptight about lots of things it seems mostly & you think Bin Laden is a good guy.  

Bobber

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2006, 02:18:22 PM »

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2006, 02:36:24 PM »

OK, where's that ignore-button?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2006, 02:42:11 PM »

Is it Groundhog Day already, by the way?

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »

gee, i leave for a week and i miss wayne making a fool of himself. shucks.

anyway, i was reading in the July 22 issue of Time (where i was, news is very slow in reaching us) and i was reading an article on the israel-hezbollah war and it seems that in the middle east, the shiites and sunnis are going at it even more with the "potential" civil war in Iraq. i guess those events have caused the two religious groups to start clashing in the middle east with shiites and sunnis flocking to iraq. Iran is actually denouncing Hezbollah's recent stupidities (going back to the kidnapping that led to this) and are trying to drive a wedge between themselves and the group they created.

btw, whats up with fidel actually losing power...i thought he'd outlive most of us, i mean he was born 3 years before moses ;D
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2006, 08:16:10 PM »

i would like to revive this thread because its intention is to discuss the world politics that is affecting all our lives and i dont want this petty bickering to take away from the point of this thread which is to discuss and debate the world issues at hand. although our differences in opinion is more than welcome, cant we all just stop the bickering and argue valid points.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.368 seconds with 77 queries.