Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul Tribute Speech  (Read 2879 times)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Paul Tribute Speech
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:59:45 PM »

For my tribute speech in my Public Speaking class, I have chosen to do a tribute speech to Macca and my idea for it is a letter in which I thank Paul for what he has meant to me and my life, using song titles and lyrics from his songs and then show the video I made to "She's Giving Up Talking". I'll post the letter when I am done and let you guys know how I do on it.  :)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Paul Tribute Speech
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 11:44:54 PM »

Cool! Let us know how it goes!
<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 02:49:15 AM »

That is sooooooo cool!!!  I think I posted on the "Beatles vs Elvis" thread, or it might have been another, my freshman second semister in college end-of-term research paper was on the Beatles and how their music and persona changed music as we know it.......made an A+ on it............damn, I wish I saved it...........

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 03:52:39 AM »

I did a paper in jr high on how if I could go back in time to anytime I would have gone back to see Woodstock.  And my instructor was very upset with the paper. I had written how I loved the music and how I loved the idea of peace and love etc.  And she went into this whole rant on how drugs were bad and free love can cause diseases, and that the music promoted this and hippies behaviors were very dangerous LOL!  She still gave me a good grade though because the writing was done well.  I guess she wasn't digging my message though  ;D
<br />

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 05:23:14 AM »

Very cool, hope it goes well and I'm sure it will! In school I'm always trying to find anyway that I can to talk or write about the Beatles. In ninth grade I wrote an end of the year paper on the Beatles, and in this past year, tenth grade, I wrote a big paper about sixties rock and roll and its influence. I of course talked about the Beatles for most of it. I was originally going to do the paper on Paul or the Beatles, but the teacher said it couldn't be on a person. (rolls eyes) I also wrote a paper on Paul answering the question of "What famous person do you think should be invited to speak/perform at your school and why?" I was happy about that. :)
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 07:40:42 AM »

Best of luck with your speech .

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 01:55:48 PM »

I gave my speech today and here it is.

Dear Paul,

"Looking through the backyard of my life", your music has been its' soundtrack. I was born 4 months premature and had a 1-3% chance of surviving. I was "At The Mercy" and had two choices. "I could "die in this god foresaken place" or "hold on". I held on and was known as El Paso's Miracle Baby. "That Was Me" in the newspaper and on tv, "That Was Me." "The same me that stands here now."

As I went from a "Young Boy" to a teenager, my parents divorced. You taught me to not to "feel bad but take a sad song and make it better." A couple of years ago, I was in a relationship with a girl and she would become my first love. It was exciting and I was "very sure this has never happened to me before. Now I see this is the way it's supposed to be." The relationship didn't last and I had a hard time dealing with it's sudden ending. With your "words of wisdom" you taught me, " Smile when your heart is filled with pain" and "Don't live in the past, don't hold on to something that's changing fast."

When I was 13, I became interested in The Beatles. Right from the start you were (and still are) my favorite Fab for obvious reasons. The two main reasons are that we have the same first name and we are both left handed.  As my passion for The Beatles and your solo work grew I thought "That Would Be Something" if I could see you perform live in concert. As of June 2008, I have seen you twice. Your concerts took me on a three hour "Magical Mystery Tour" from your "Ever Present Past" to now.

The most random and memorable thing you have taught me throughout my life was the meaning of a word, preadventure. When I saw you during your 2005 US tour in Des Moines, before you went into "English Tea" off your Chaos and Creation in the Backyard record, you mentioned that you thought  the word preadventure was an interesting word yet you didn't know what it meant so you looked it in the dictionary. Preadventure means maybe or possibly and well...I'll let you explain just how proud you are of fitting the word into the song. (Play video of Paul saying how proud he was of putting Preadventure in the song)

I recently shot a homemade film to "She's Giving Up Talking" from your Driving Rain album. The song's lyrics intrigued me because I am a quiet person and at school my teachers would tell me that there were times that I was so quiet that they didn't know that I was in class. I would like to share with you the finished product. In "The End" your music has and will continue to "lift up my spirits, shine on my soul and guide me through any situation." Thank you.

Song lyrics and titles extracted from the following Paul McCartney/Beatle songs.
          * Represents Beatle songs ** Represents Solo McCartney

Looking through the backyard of my life (Promise To You Girl)**
     At The Mercy (At The Mercy)**
     Die in this god foresaken place, hold on (Only Mama Knows)**
     That Was Me, The same me that stands here now (That Was Me)**
     Young Boy (Young Boy)**
     Feel bad, Take a sad song and make it better (Hey Jude)*
Very sure this has never happened to me before. Now I see this is the way it's supposed to be (This Never Happened Before)**
     Words of Wisdom (Let It Be)*
     Smile when your heart is filled with pain (Too Much Rain)**
     Don't live in the past, don't hold on to something that's changing fast (Vintage Clothes)**
     That Would Be Something (That Would Be Something)**
     Magical Mystery Tour (Magical Mystery Tour)*
     Ever Present Past (Ever Present Past)**
     English Tea (English Tea)**
     She's Giving Up Talking (She's Giving Up Talking)**
     In The End (In The End)*
     Lift up my spirts, shine on my soul, guide me through any situation (Follow Me)**

I got an A by the way  :)

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 05:33:14 PM »

Excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT!!!!!  That was soooooooo good!!!!  You go, dude!!!  You need to try and send this to Paul.  I'm sure he'll love it!!!!

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 05:53:13 PM »

^ Thank you very much  :) I might do that.

yavanna

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 06:33:45 PM »

WOW !
Your speech is definitly great ! You deserved A + !
If the sun has faded away
I'll try to make it shine

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 08:11:53 PM »

The speech is perfect! Cool! Gets to the heart! I agree : A, 100%, excellent!

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 09:15:40 PM »

^^ Thanks  :)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 12:41:45 AM »

Wonderful! What a great story! I really do think you should try to send that to Paul.  I think he would appriciate it.
<br />

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 68 queries.