Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Does Paul Still Matter?  (Read 6698 times)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Does Paul Still Matter?
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2007, 03:52:02 PM »

living in a beatles paradise! ;D

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2007, 12:09:11 AM »

...yes, and a splendid time is guaranteed for all!  :D

Of course Paul cares in the music business. But he would never make blockbuster albums anymore, because it's the rules.
Paul it's making better music than he made in the eighties, but he sells less records because his songs are not 'in fashion' as they were 20 years ago. But, as Stephen Thomas Erlewine once said, he's making the best music of his solo career.

And sorry my english.  ;D
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2007, 12:28:39 AM »

Your English is fine. Tom is right.

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2007, 06:54:15 PM »

Chaos and Creation in the Backyard sold very well ,i remember looking at EMI 's end of year sales for 05/06 and it had shifted 1.5 million world wide and was in their top 10 Best sellers for the year along with Coldplay and Kate Bush .
Most of the sales came from the USA where it sold very well.

DaveRam :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2007, 02:36:46 AM »

DaveRam is right. The album performed strongly worldwide, I know it reached #3 in the United World Chart, and also #3 in France, #6 in the United States and #10 in United Kingdom. That's great for an artist in its fifth decade of career. Chaos sold a lot more than Driving Rain, there's no doubt. I hope Flaming Pie sold a lot more, maybe 2.5 o 3 million copies, but it's great considering that in this days people buy less records than 10 years ago.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2007, 02:40:21 AM »

And, a strange fact: Chaos and Creation debuted in the charts only one week later than Rolling Stones' A Bigger Bang. And, of course, their Satanic Majesties sold more than the wonderful Sir Paul.
I hate the Stones. Why they sold more? Why people attend... I don't know... two million of annual Rolling Stones concets. Sorry if there's any RS fan, but I don't like them at all.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2007, 02:00:35 PM »

Quote from: 713
orry if there's any RS fan, but I don't like them at all.

I've never been a fan of the Stones either, even though they are a great band i suppose.
I don't understand why people rate them very highly, because i don't think they were
groundbreaking & that inoventive as the Beatles. I can't stand seeing Mick Jagger
prancing around with his maracas on the early footage of them. :X
I've always thoiught the best groups of the 60's were Beach Boys, Kinks, The Who
and i've recently thought how great the Small Faces were. All or Nothing was quite
heavy for the time.
but why i'm i going on about them when i should be talkin' about the fabs!! ;D ;)

Paulram

• A Beginning
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2007, 04:02:21 PM »

Quote from: 373

So 'Flowers In The Dirt', 'Off The Ground', 'Flaming Pie', 'Run Devil Run', and 'Chaos' (which almost won a grammy) is pretty lame? The only way these albums are considered lame is if you didnt like Paul to start with.

The reason Paul's music isnt so important to everybody now is pretty simple,,,,he's 65 years old. Who buys most of the music in todays world? The youth. Paul isnt going to appeal to this younger generation that listens to grunge, death metal, and hip/hop. The sad state of music today is another reason,,,,it sucks. 'Chaos' was appealing to me because it only had one tune on it ('Fine Line' and the worst song on the album) that Paul tried to make sound current. Paul is best at writing his contemporary themed tunes with the great melodys and stuff like that. Sorry, but he isnt a rocker or a pop star anymore. That was 30 to 40 years ago.

I agree. But there is one thing. Paul does appeal to some youth today. (me. I'm 13 and I listen to nothing but Paul and beatle albums) But besides the point. Alot of his solo albums were grammy nommies. He had a small slump when he first started Wings but he fixed it. If you watch footage of his tours from a couple of years back mixed right in with the fans that were kids when the Beatles came are alot of teenagers and even younger kids. So yes HE DOES MATTER
If slaughter houses had glass walls no one would eat meat- Paul McCartney

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2007, 04:54:26 PM »

Well Paul's new album reached #5 in the UK charts and #3 on the US charts. So it seems that he is still very important if people are still buy his albums like crazy. Clearly the older fans of his beatles days and his Wings days werent the only ones who bought his new album but I think it was also today's youth that contributed a great deal to why his album is doing so well. Oh and Memory almost full is also doing well on the charts because its frickin awesome. If you look at the facts then yes, Paul does still matter.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2007, 09:46:37 PM »

Basically Macca still matters because he's a genius!! Simple as That  :)
I listen to albums by new artist today & think 'oh, that's good & whatever'
then Macca releases his new album & knocks me out once again!! :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 55 queries.