Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: If He Only Could Have Written?  (Read 5398 times)

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
Re: If He Only Could Have Written?
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 01:23:09 PM »

Quote from: apple_sauce
"NONE" of the Beatles settled for being one dimensional writers. Yes he wrote much more complex songs later, but the whole point of my post was to comment on the fact that if he had written more songs that sounded like "John" and "Pauls" AKA ROCK SONGS AKA "TAXMAN" that they could not have ignored him.

As for myself, I still can't see the logic in what you're saying. I just don't see that George writing rock songs would have caused John and Paul to respect his ideas and contribution more. The only book I've got on The Beatles, A Hard Day's Write, says that George was pushed aside partly for being the youngest Beatle. And, I assume myself, since they started with the Lennon/MacCartney domination, it's logical to suppose that both wanted that domination to continue in their interests.
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 01:39:56 PM »

...and those interents caused the split, IMO.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005, 02:09:17 PM »

Even when George was writing plenty of songs that are generally regarded as good ('68-70) he would still only get a song a side. I'm still not convinced that in '66 and '67 george was capable of writing more than 2 or 3 songs an album that could sit next to Lennon/mcCartney songs , but even if he had I think Greenapple is right(!). They just wouldn't have given him the space
don't follow leaders

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2005, 04:08:53 PM »

Maybe one way they could have done George justice would have been to allow him to do the B-sides for singles. More imaginitively, they could have said to George during the White Album sessions, 'Since there'll be 30 tracks on this one George, we're giving you 7 or 8 slots to show what you've got'. I wonder if Paul ever regrets any of it?
All You Need Is LOVE!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2005, 04:14:29 PM »

Quote from: GreenApple
Maybe one way they could have done George justice would have been to allow him to do the B-sides for singles. More imaginitively, they could have said to George during the White Album sessions, 'Since there'll be 30 tracks on this one George, we're giving you 7 or 8 slots to show what you've got'. I wonder if Paul ever regrets any of it?

I would have to guess that no he doesn't. I don't think he or John would have been that fussed if he never wrote another song again.
don't follow leaders

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2005, 04:15:17 PM »

Sad.
All You Need Is LOVE!

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2005, 09:01:04 PM »

Well the whole point of this post is to pose the "question" If George would have written more "ROCK" songs do you think John and Paul would have used them? Yes he was the youngest Beatle, but still a contributor to the band. I don't think they could have ignored any song that sounded as good as "Taxman" just my opinion, unfortunatley we will never know.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2005, 12:49:54 AM »

They ignored much better songs than 'Taxman' so I would have to say no to your question. John And Paul would not have used more of George's rock tunes.

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2005, 07:40:45 PM »

They ignored All Thing Must Pass which IMO is much better than any of the songs George had on Let It Be

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2005, 11:44:04 AM »

Yea it sounds so great it could have been the closer on the album!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.695 seconds with 58 queries.