Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Killers to record with Paul McCartney?  (Read 1118 times)

The Killers to record with Paul McCartney?
« on: December 28, 2008, 09:37:53 PM »

from: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-killers-to-record-with-paul-mccartney-189599

The Killers to record with Paul McCartney?

They've scored a hit with new album Day & Age, but it could be more a case of Day & Aged if rumours that The Killers are set to work with Paul McCartney turn out to be true.

According to UK tabloid The Sun, the former Beatle watched the band perform at London's Royal Albert Hall last month and then told Brandon Flowers and co that he'd love to record with them.

The paper quotes an unnamed "source close to McCartney" as saying: "Paul had a great time at the gig. He loves their music and their great attitude.

"He was as pleased to meet them as they were to meet him but they were gobsmacked when he said he'd love to do something with them music-wise."

Of course, this could all be nonsense, but The Killers' recent single with Elton John and Neil Tennant suggests that they're open to the idea of collaboration, while McCartney has worked with, well, just about everyone in his time.

Any Ideas?

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
Re: The Killers to record with Paul McCartney?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 07:24:17 PM »

:-/I hope nothing comes from this as The Killers have just gotten blander and blander with each album. Its quite dissapointing as Hot Fuss is probably one of my favourite albums bvut everythin after has been tepid to say the least.

I dont really see why Paul should be working with other musicians, its great producers to rein him is what he needs to be working with. I mean the talk of collaborating with Dylan is nice and for all the mutual respect they claim to have for each other i cant see them being happy bedfellows in the studio.

He wanted to work with Thom Yorke and was turned down and it would be god awful if he ever got involved with Oasis or Coldplay. I suppose he could do a duet with Madonna about being divorced and loaded but im not sure id want to listen to it.

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 32 queries.