Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What is your rarest or favourite Beatles item?  (Read 2582 times)

peterbell1

• Getting Better
What is your rarest or favourite Beatles item?
« on: March 02, 2010, 12:28:20 AM »

There must be a few vinyl, autograph and/or memorabilia collectors on here.
What is the rarest Beatle-related item you own?
And even if your collection doesn't contain anything really rare, what is your favourite Beatles-related item that you own?

Does anyone have any original autographs? I don't.  :(
However, my in-laws do have a signed concert programme from 1964. And I have dropped many hints about how much I like it  ;D

My rarest vinyl is a promo copy of the VeeJay Please Please Me single (VJ 498) with the mis-spelled "Beattles" on the label. It isn't in great shape - it has a small chip in the edge of the vinyl - but I couldn't have afforded it if it was decent condition. Even if it's in bad shape I'm happy to own the first record released by the Beatles (other than the Tony Sheridan stuff) in the US.
And speaking of Tony Sheridan, I also have an original 1961 copy of My Bonnie from Germany - it's the one with the slow intro.

I do have some original 60s memorabilia, but not much. I have really cool stuff like a head-scarf and a beach towel. And some original photos taken by a US fan - there's one taken of the Beatles on stage at one of the US concerts, but the stage is very distant, and some photos that the same person took of their TV when the Beatles were on the Sullivan show. No such thing as HD recorders or YouTube back then!!! The photos aren't worth anything in money terms but I love having pictures that were taken at the height of Beatlemania, before I was even born.

I'm sure there must be members here who have some cool Beatles or solo Beatles stuff.
I'd like to hear what everyone has in their collections - it might not be so rare but means a lot to you anyway.
If you've got pictures, all the better!  :)

Bobber

Re: What is your rarest or favourite Beatles item?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 01:54:40 PM »

Never been much of a collector, except for Beatles music. Over the years I have collected a wide variety of books though, but it's nothing rare. A kind member of this forum from Florida once sent me a couple of Beatles dolls and I think they will make a fortune in a couple of years. ha2ha  I once owned an original copy of My Bonnie, but it was broken by the kids. Oh, how I love them. I do have a white vinyl Let It Be tho, plus a copy of Abbey Road without Her Majesty and I must say I like it better. lol

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 06:23:41 PM »

I've got some random vintage Beatles stuff at my place. Not a lot and probably not super valuable, but they are meaningful to me.

As for my vintage Beatles' stuff: I have some old cards/pictures, a flicker pin, some old records, paperback copies of AHDN and Help! as novels--all dated back to the 1960's. One unusual thing I own is this:

Which would be worth a lot except some idiot (its previous owner?) ripped out the middle part of the sleeve, thus I wound up getting it just for a mere $5. Eh, it's still interesting.

Vintage Paul Wings/solo stuff: Postcards, 1989-90 tour pin, photos, posters, mag articles, Club Sandwich publications, the "James Paul McCartney" soundtrack on vinyl...I owe my friend JMF a great debt of gratitude...hope I'm not forgetting anything else.

lunchpunch

• A Beginning
  • Turn me on when I get lonely.
    • My livejournal!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 05:41:42 AM »

A, (what i'm sure is an original pressing) of Abbey Road with the Apple label.
Then again, 'Her Majesty' is listed on the label. I know that means somthing but i'm not sure what it is.
Let me show you to my darkroom.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 08:46:38 AM »

I used to have a colleague who's father had been an international soccer referee in the 60s. He had a European Cup match in Liverpool once and received a few welcoming gifts, one of them was a copy of Sgt. Pepper (an advance promo copy, I believe) signed by all four Beatles. My colleague didn't think it was anything special, she just kept it with her other LPs and played it every now and then. Unfortionately she wouldn't trade it for my regular copy though.  ;D

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 10:42:04 AM »

This is a hard question I do like my Hard Day's Night poster signed by Richard Lester, a stone I picked up from when I visited Paul's windmill recording studio picked up a stone at his car park thinking that he stood on it many times. Other I like my huge Imagine John Lennon Movie poster, my own desktop I did of John inbetween the clouds I put it on a frame and of course my remasters boxset. I could go on lol
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:26:01 AM by Euan Buchan »

lunchpunch

• A Beginning
  • Turn me on when I get lonely.
    • My livejournal!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 05:06:44 PM »

Scratch my last post.
I now have the stereo trunk cover of 'Yesterday... and Today", it's not a pasteover but it's from 1966 when they started to reprint them with just the trunk cover.

I heart my local record shop. Dude has been around for ages and he's phenominal, his friend brought in a crapload of Beatles albums for me that I would possibly what to purchase and I got a 70's repress of the White Album cause his origonal that he also brought played like sandpaper. Plus, the repress of the White Album he had the original posters and such in it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:09:41 PM by lunchpunch »
Let me show you to my darkroom.

Sir John Johns

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 12:32:03 AM »

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 07:16:58 AM »

There are more counterfeits than real ones of this. Are you sure you got the genuine stuff?

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 52 queries.