Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: She Loves You Controversy  (Read 7809 times)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: She Loves You Controversy
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 07:23:52 PM »

I'm gonna have a crack at that German/mono hybrid one of these days! My next little project - should be ready by 2008! :)

Bobber

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 08:31:08 AM »

Quote from: The_End
I'm gonna have a crack at that German/mono hybrid one of these days! My next little project - should be ready by 2008! :)

That is even faster than we could ever hoped for!

mulder

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 12:03:46 AM »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and it's mainly down to my interest in She Loves You and the theories surrounding what happened to the 2 track recordings, the ways of creating a stereo mix there might be etc...  I grew up listening to She Loves You, From Me To You, I Want To Hold Your Hand and the albums Rubber Soul (badly mastered first press) and Sgt Pepper's in mono from my Dad's vinyl copies.  I have worked in the music industry to a small degree, never been in a pro studio but have made electronic music in my own bedroom studio etc.. and so I understand some of what the recording process would entail in a 60s beat group recording and the mastering of it.

There are moments where the 2 versions, once in tune with each other, stay reasonably in time with each other.  With the edits in She Loves you fixed, you could get them to run in time even more.  However, they are not the same and this is evident just from listening to the chorus.  In Sie Lieb Dich, there are extra 'Yeah yeah yeah's played on the guitar when they sing a phrase such as 'and you know that can't be bad'.  It's one of the first things that struck me about hearing Sie Lieb Dich for the first time in my life only a few months ago.

If somebody has managed to get the two versions to phase, please supply the evidence, I have not managed to so far and I doubt I ever will as the two waveforms from the left channel of Sie Lieb Dich and the instrumental parts of She Loves You are very different from what I've seen.  shelovesyou.info is now offline, I can't hear the evidence there, unless somebody has saved the files from it.

Now, what about those edits in She Loves You. They are so much more evident on Past Masters than on the original 60s 7".  Obviously, some of them are audible not because they effect the audio quality, but they are off-beat slightly. However, none of the drop out from the splices in the middle of the guitar fills is present as far as I can tell.  This is going by a well-worn 7" which I grew up listening to however, it is quite distorted by now, and my stylus is worn as I'm on a tight budget and can't afford a new one. Still, the guitar fills come through clearly and don't sound like they are dropping out. I have a feeling that the splices have become more and more degraded over time and were almost perfect in the early 60s but by 1987 they had begun to stiffen in a way that lifted the tape away from the heads, causing the fade in and out during those guitar fills.

If somebody has a near mint copy of the 60s 7" pressing, maybe they could mp3 it and let me listen to see if I can hear the edits.  Later pressings would have more chance of hearing the edits, it's got to be an original 63.

Bobber

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 11:56:06 AM »

Hi and welcome. I will have to check on my single. But isn't it available on the internet somewhere?

mulder

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 03:34:53 PM »

I can't seem to track an mp3 of the 63 UK single down, unless somebody can point me to a bootleg CD which has it on and I can then Google that.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 44 queries.