Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: And In The End Show starring The Bootleg Beatles  (Read 2706 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
And In The End Show starring The Bootleg Beatles
« on: October 25, 2019, 09:47:05 AM »

Has anyone seen or is going to this show? its very similar to the show they did with the anniversary of Sgt Pepper only this will focus on Abbey Road & Let It Be, the show will be hosted by Neil Innes. I will be going to see this show next year in May but I will see the The Bootleg Beatles in December.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo5YODJclFE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo5YODJclFE</a>

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: And In The End Show starring The Bootleg Beatles
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 01:35:25 PM »

Has anyone seen or is going to this show?

I've never heard of the Bootleg Beatles. I hope you enjoy the show, Euan. Please let us know afterward what you thought of it.

No more Beatles items for me for awhile. The child support cut out when I lost custody of my son last July ( :'( ). I'm trying to resurrect my copyediting career and find a part-time job to supplement my income.

KelMar

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 02:41:53 AM »

Yes, Euan...enjoy!

KelMar

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 02:43:56 AM »

No more Beatles items for me for awhile. The child support cut out when I lost custody of my son last July ( :'( ). I'm trying to resurrect my copyediting career and find a part-time job to supplement my income.

:'( Again, Kathy I am so sorry.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 02:54:36 AM »

In stupid legal terms, yes, but a good mother never ever loses custody of her child.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 02:04:30 PM »

:'( Again, Kathy I am so sorry.

Thanks, Kelley; I'd forgot I'd mentioned this before.

In stupid legal terms, yes, but a good mother never ever loses custody of her child.

He and his father have completely shut me out; they've both blocked me. No school pictures (but I was onto that one and ordered straight from the photographer), no updates on college acceptances. I haven't laid eyes on him since July, but I've sent him the occasional email letting him know that I'm in treatment and will always love him. I've been a bad mom for the past year. Two words: substance abuse (Xanax and wine; it just made the pain go away). Two more words: detox and recovery.  :)  I'm hopeful some day the relationship will be repaired.

I apologize for derailing the thread. I have some work coming in (yay!), so perhaps when I'm more solvent I'll be able to buy a Beatles item.

KelMar

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 06:49:14 PM »

Two more words: detox and recovery.  :)

I'm in treatment and will always love him.

Kathy, these are the words that matter the most right now.

I apologize for derailing the thread.

There's absolutely no need to apologize. I'm glad you realize that we are here for you.

I have some work coming in (yay!)

Double yay!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 07:12:39 PM »

^^^^

Thanks, Kelley!  :)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 08:31:08 PM »

A mother nurtures a child and attends to all its needs when it's helpless.  When a child becomes an adult, it may be necessary to help a mother if the need arises.  The child should not run away from that responsibility.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 09:08:02 PM »

This sounds like an interesting show.  I've never seen or heard of the Bootleg Beatles but I would definitely go.

Good luck to you also Kathy.  It will get better for you.  I promise.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2019, 12:01:10 AM »

A mother nurtures a child and attends to all its needs when it's helpless.  When a child becomes an adult, it may be necessary to help a mother if the need arises.  The child should not run away from that responsibility.

Yes, he's being quite harsh. All I can do at this point is work on staying clean and pray that someday he'll forgive me.

Good luck to you also Kathy.  It will get better for you.  I promise.

Thank you, Todd; I appreciate the encouraging words.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 12:17:37 AM »

Yes, he's being quite harsh. All I can do at this point is work on staying clean and pray that someday he'll forgive me.

Your problems arose from a divorce and being left with the responsibility of raising children by yourself.  Mature children should understand just how difficult that is, Kathleen, and be supportive and not resentful. You shouldn't have to pray for forgiveness.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2019, 08:57:04 AM »

Thanks, Kelley; I'd forgot I'd mentioned this before.

He and his father have completely shut me out; they've both blocked me. No school pictures (but I was onto that one and ordered straight from the photographer), no updates on college acceptances. I haven't laid eyes on him since July, but I've sent him the occasional email letting him know that I'm in treatment and will always love him. I've been a bad mom for the past year. Two words: substance abuse (Xanax and wine; it just made the pain go away). Two more words: detox and recovery.  :)  I'm hopeful some day the relationship will be repaired.

I apologize for derailing the thread. I have some work coming in (yay!), so perhaps when I'm more solvent I'll be able to buy a Beatles item.

You sound like a very gutsy person. As someone who had close family members that had issues they never addressed I have nothing but respect for you. All the best to you.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2019, 01:22:42 PM »

You sound like a very gutsy person. As someone who had close family members that had issues they never addressed I have nothing but respect for you. All the best to you.

Thank you so much, Moogmodule! (You, too, Barry! Also, I agree with what you said.) I really appreciate the kind words.  :)

Fortunately, both my daughters stepped up. I also have some great friends -- they call themselves my "sticky" friends because they said they will always stick by me -- so I am optimistic about the future.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 01:47:50 PM by Normandie »

Page created in 1.409 seconds with 61 queries.