Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My Girlfriend and I just broke up  (Read 785 times)

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
My Girlfriend and I just broke up
« on: January 15, 2006, 05:21:19 AM »

About a half an hour ago my girlfriend and I just broke up.  I have to be honest this is my first relationship and well it hurts so bad. Its such a deep pain...I feel a bit empty now. These next couple of days are going to be so hard...I don't know how I'll be able to keep my mind off of her. I don't want to lay down in bad all day until I'm ready to get up and do something because that will make it so much worse.  Its so sad that I sacrificed a lot for this girl...I went against my friends, my brother and even myself. I was told not to go out with her. My friends said she is not my type, even I could feel that she just wasn't my type. Yet I went out with her anyways believing that love conquers all...but now I know the reality...This is the real world where bad guys win and love doesn't conquer all. Is their any tips that you guys can give me to just move on and get my mind off of her? I can sense dark days ahead...and I am dreading the sadness when I wake up tomorrow and realize what happened.

Re: My Girlfriend and I just broke up
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 07:06:41 AM »

Welcome to your first heartbreak. Pain is subjective, but I'm sure most people have had their heart's torn out and tap danced on, and it ain't fun, but you have to have your grieving period for awhile, and punch your way through it. One lesson learned, is you can never, EVER, put one person ahead of your family and friends, because when all is said and done, they are the ones who truly love and care for you, and will be there if a relationship tanks. Passion is a powerful thing, and it can make you do things your head tells you not to, but one thing I've learned over the years, is that passion can f*** you up. You need to keep your wits about you. Plus the reality is that you and she will probably go back and forth for awhile. Breakups usually go about 3 times before it's really over. If you are smart, keep your pride even though you feel like sh*t and find someone who appreciates you and march forward. Amen.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »

Wordno, I think when you meet a new girlfriend who will really love you, care about you, understand you, your heart will be healed! The sooner, the better. You'll be happy and you'll forget about your current sadness. I'm quite sure about it :) Just believe there is the ONE.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 02:56:31 PM »

yea, i know what thats like. it sucks ass when this happens but you'll get over it and find someone 10 times better. just dont find someone that you only want to have sex with. ive done that. as much fun as it sounds, it doesnt fill the void or heal you. dont worry dude, you'll find someone thats perfect for you.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 09:53:58 AM »

I'm sorry dude.

The only thing I can say is that it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 01:28:37 PM »

I know how it feels. When we were together I thought about her wrongs. Now, I think about mine. Probably when these things happen, we just can't redeem the past because there is usually no going back. The only advice I can give is the old adage; time is a healer.
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 12:48:03 PM »

I feel bad reading this ... good advises here, Wordno ... be strong, man!  ;)

Page created in 1.293 seconds with 55 queries.