Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Leading back to the Beatles  (Read 1071 times)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
Leading back to the Beatles
« on: August 23, 2007, 05:47:21 AM »

OK, I saw this on a different forum before, and thought it was pretty cool. As Beatles fans, it seems like songs pop into our heads at random times when something happens or when someone says something. It seems like you can always get the Beatles out of something!

For example, one time my mom was talking about a doctor with the nickname Dr.Bob. And Bob is short for Robert, so I'm like "Hey, Dr.Robert!". and began singing the song. My dad said "Seems like everything leads back to the Beatles." That's very true for me!

And then, if the phone ever rings and no one is there (this happens a lot at my house when bill-collectors nag, you can tell it's them 'cause there's like a 5 second delay before anyone says hello back, since they use computers to call), I hang up and start singing Hello Goodbye! (This and No Reply are good songs to put on an answering machine, too!)

And in basketball, when I'm sitting on the bench, people yell "Get back!" all the time to tell the players to get back and defend if the ball's stolen or whatever. Bet ya can't guess what song pops into my head!

This happens to me all the time, I can't even remember all of the situations. I'm sure a lot of you can relate (hope so, or else I might sound a little weird!), so post yours here. This is definitly a sign of obsession!
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
Re: Leading back to the Beatles
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 10:52:21 AM »

You are not alone... Today for instance I was going to Economics and noticed that the sun was coming out (as it was cold and rainy in the morning) so I say to my friends "oh the sun is out" and then I start singing "I'm in love and its a sunny day"

I did have other moments like these... but I can't remember them currently.  :B

Cool thread, man! 8)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 11:45:04 AM »

Yeh-yeh, good thread, Beatlemaniac64!!  ;D

I also have moments like this... I was in town with friends a few months ago, and we were playing "treasure hunt" (for my friend's and my birthday... never mind how old we turned!  :B  ;D), and one of the tasks we had was to count the rungs on a ladder that's used to climb on a slide... and once we did that, we actually went down the slide, and guess what song came to my head... Helter Skelter!  ;D
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 12:13:36 PM »

Quote from: 793
And in basketball, when I'm sitting on the bench, people yell "Get back!" all the time to tell the players to get back and defend if the ball's stolen or whatever. Bet ya can't guess what song pops into my head!
"The Long and Winding Road?" ;)

You're lucky. The songs that pop into my head are much more likely to be "Gilligan's Island" or "I Wish I Were an Oscar Mayer Weiner". I often have a "song of the moment", but it's usually what I've been listening to recently. Cheers!

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 03:20:34 PM »

This happened to me again this morning. My mom was talking on the phone, and I wasn't paying much attention to anything she was saying. It was just "bla-bla-bla-the night before-bla-bla-bla". She mentioned the words the night before, I didn't know what she was talking about, and I started singing the song! Those were the only words I actually heard, being the obsessed fan that I am!  I think this happens to me almost every day. ;D
-Julia

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 03:32:54 PM »

Quote from: 551
"I Wish I Were an Oscar Mayer Weiner".

Oh, harihead. ::)
I started reading this thread and then I got to your post, and of course this is the song that started playing in my head. :P

I have a 'leading back to the Beatles' story. I went to an orientation at my school the other day, and at the end the people running it passed out a little book called "How To Get Good Grades In Ten Easy Steps". So I thought, well, it's not completely useless, I can always throw it in the fireplace later. Then I started flipping through it, and I thought I saw a passage labeled "The Beatles". I flipped back to the page, and it was indeed an article on the Beatles, supposedly teaching you how to look for important details in a passage. Of course I had to read it, even though I knew everything it stated. There were some sample questions at the end of it, like, 'who was Brian Epstein?', and, 'what year did the Beatles film their first movie?'.  ::) :P

ElementaryPenguin

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 09:06:13 PM »

I don't think I have a story, usually it's a Beatles movie quote that hits me or if someone uses a phrase out of one of their songs, that is what I hear. For example, Octie you mentioned having to count the rungs on a ladder, and what popped into my head was "the rungs have all been neatly sawn in the middle", then I heard famous Beethoven's famous 9th symphony.  ;D
[size=14] &quot;Reality leaves a lot to the imagination&quot;-JL<br /><br />&quot;It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurryi

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 09:53:14 PM »

Yep, these are the kind of Beatles obseesions which can make us feel
great but drive other people nuts! ;D
The other day, i was speaking to someone & they just happened to say
'Horse to the Water'! Yep, you know what song came into my head!
I've not heard the song for ages!!, so i had to put it on & it was great
hearing it again. and all because of this one quote someone said to me
leads me to these "Beatle-maniac" things!!  ;D
Great thread Beatlemaniac64! ;)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 10:30:59 PM »

Sometimes Beatles' songs come to my mind.... Many times I've feel tired I begin to think about I'm so tired.... and at times when I feel scared I begin to sing Help...I need somebody....

;D
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »

Quote from: 766
and at times when I feel scared I begin to sing Help...I need somebody....

Yep, exactly what I did in my accounting exam...  ::)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 02:45:16 PM »

I also remember when I was in Paris and saw the Eiffel Tower and I began to sing: "semolina pillchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower"...LOL
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 02:45:31 PM »

^Haha, now Help! is gonna come back to me when I take a test  ;D
-Julia

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 72 queries.