Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Beatles in your area...  (Read 1517 times)

Whoever

• Getting Better
The Beatles in your area...
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:34:12 PM »

I just found this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/oxford/content/image_galleries/beatles_oxford.shtml?1

From when the The Beatles played Carfax assembly in Oxford on 16th February 1963.

That is the only pub where the double hard f***ers go, it is owned by a different brewery to every other pub or bar in town so all of the trouble makers go there. That is where you go to get into beats. It's back garden looks down into the Windrush Valley where there be a river where you go for a nice peacefull one. It's quiet nice inside.

They even did a special about Beatles in Oxfordshire...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/oxford/content/articles/2006/12/28/beatles_special.shtml

Does your area have any Beatles in it?

http://www.dermon.com/Beatles/details/tours.htm

BlueMeanie

Re: The Beatles in your area...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 02:33:36 PM »

The Beatles only came to Denmark once, with Jimmie Nicol, playing 2 shows at KB Hallen in Copenhagen on 4th June 1964. Here's the only clip I could find:

MUexQaEpCTo

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 02:37:22 PM »

The Beatles came to Boston:

Following their performance at the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Florida on September 11th 1964, the Beatles and their entourage flew onward to Massachusetts for their concert at Boston Garden on September 12th. Boston was the 18th stop of 23 cities along the Beatles' 1964 North American Tour.

Here's the press conference:
http://www.geocities.com/~beatleboy1/db1964.0912.beatles.html

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 02:46:31 PM »

After Denmark, The Beatles travelled to The Netherlands. They did a tv-show in Hillegom. The show was mimed and as the crowd took the stage, the Beatles got off with the music still playing. Just Jimmy Nicol was there behind his drums, eager to fullfill every single second as a Beatle on stage. The next day, the Beatles did a tour through the canals of Amsterdam and two shows in an auction hall in the little village of Blokker. The afternoon show was scheduled at the very last minutes and wasn't sold out. A rarity. The evening show however was sold out. A performance here. Hence the tulips and flowers in front of them...

dJulGC4eDwU

The auction hall still exist and will be the home for a Beatles fest on September 15th this year, including a performance by Tony Sheridan. It is only ten kilometers away from where I live. There's a statue on the opposite of the street, reminder of The Beatles performance. There's a list of the songs they played on the statue.

McLennon

• Getting Better
  • There are 7 levels!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 06:15:44 PM »

The Beatles played Southampton on the 20th May 1963, 13th December 1963 and 6th November 1964! i kept a newspaper article with pictures from them at the gaumont, so shall scan it at some stage! :)

There are 7 levels!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 10:47:30 AM »

Just discovered the other day. All over town (Copenhagen) there are lifesize model cows. Haven't found out why yet. In a small shopping mall just up the road from where I live I found this:

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 10:54:32 AM »

These things were all around London a few years back. Don't remember a Beatle one though. It's Installation art called the Cowparade Project. I think they're quite cool. They had them in Edinburough but they were vandalised on the first day.
Typical.
don't follow leaders

komakino

• Getting Better
  • fly me to the moon
    • last.fm
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 11:04:29 AM »

we had horses in vienna.... but i've never seen a beatle-horse
george george whoops george whoops george george george

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 12:46:17 PM »

I love the cow!!!!

The Beatles went to Denver on their 1964 tour, when they played Red Rocks Amphitheatre, a gorgeous natural auditorium notable for George Martin telling us how easy it would have been for a sniper to pick off the Beatles and get away scot free (he's right, too; the mountains start right there).

I remember Larry Kane telling a story about how the Beatles stayed at the Brown Palace, a landmark hotel downtown (I've had their famous buffet luncheon once or twice). Larry's story is how he was propositioned by a lady in the lobby who wanted to offer herself and her three daughters to the Beatles. Snipers and hookers; we are a class act!  ;D

PS: Denver's nickname is "Cow Town"-- I want that cow!!!!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 04:14:41 AM »

Quote from: 483
Just discovered the other day. All over town (Copenhagen) there are lifesize model cows. Haven't found out why yet. In a small shopping mall just up the road from where I live I found this:

I want one. If I saw one I'd steal it.

Moo...

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 06:24:16 PM »

We have something like that cow in my town, but we have dinosaurs, but they match something in the city though. Copenhagen- Yellow Submarine? That's funny :)

Only came here once I think. In 1964.

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 07:53:18 PM »

Appearances in New York:

Ed Sullivan Theater  February 9, 1964 (2 shows; live audience afternoon taping for February 23, 1964 broadcast and live evening performance)
Carnegie Hall  February 12, 1964  (2 shows)
Forest Hills Tennis Stadium  August 28, 1964
Forest Hills Tennis Stadium  August 29, 1964
Paramount Theater  September 20, 1964
Ed Sullivan Theater   August 14, 1965 (2 shows, rehearsal and live performance)
Shea Stadium  August 15, 1965
Shea Stadium  August 23, 1966
I can stay till it's time to go

bobbydylanlover

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 12:29:42 PM »

Oh those cows! We have stuff like that every year, downtown. We had fish last year and one was a Yellow Submarine - themed one, just like that cow. Sweet :]

The Beatles played once in Milwaukee, and I'm always driving my dad nuts about why he didn't see them there.
"I WAS ONLY NINE!"
"so what, i would have gone!"

haha :]

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 10:21:19 PM »

The Beatles played in Ohio at least once, in Cleveland. My aunt went to their concert in Cleveland, which I think is so cool (but I am a little jealous!). I don't live in Cleveland, but I'm only like 25 or 30 minutes away from it.

It's kinda random, but I visited Washington DC once on a school trip. And ya know those pics of the Beatles standing in a snow-covered Washington with the Capitol Building in the background? I walked down that same street that they were on, so I like to think that I walked right where they did.  ;D
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 11:41:38 PM »

The Beatles bar Paul came here and watched Bob Dylan and may have played as The Nerk twins but that's about it.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Page created in 0.382 seconds with 83 queries.