Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: All Things Must Pass - Album Or Beatles' Version?  (Read 1564 times)

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
All Things Must Pass - Album Or Beatles' Version?
« on: October 19, 2005, 01:09:59 PM »

I listened to both yesterday. The album version has fine production, but I'm going  with the demo version. George puts so much feeling into the vocals. And the simplicity of the accompanying electric guitar tracks gives it such poignancy. Even though it's a George demo on his own which the band never recorded (to my knowledge), it was recorded during the Beatles era, and surfaced on Anthology. So, I think it counts as a Beatles' song.
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
Re: All Things Must Pass - Album Or Beatles' Version?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 01:44:59 PM »

It was recorded several times by the guys during the Get Back project (january 1969), some weeks before George did the demo that it's included in the Anthology 2 (02/25/69). The sound and arrangements of those takes are very similar to the one finally published on the George album (nearly two years later).

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 02:24:32 PM »

I saw the Let It Be film on the box when I was a kid, but all I know about it now is my Fly On The Wall CD with Naked. There is a brief clip of ATMP, with the guys doing a rousing chant-like vocal of the song. So brief! Too brief! Wonder why it was vetoed out of Anthology? To be included in the vastly overdue next Anthology sets?
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 03:16:33 PM »

Hope we're gonna see them playing it on the Let It Be DVD (2006 or ownwards, I think it's up to Yoko)

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 04:47:23 PM »

Quote from: raxo
Hope we're gonna see them playing it on the Let It Be DVD (2006 or ownwards, I think it's up to Yoko)

I thought they released a DVD of it, when Naked was released. I was in Japan then. Was there a special Japanese release maybe? Or have I got it wrong.

I really think it's time EMI got a bit more considerate towards fans. You know, how many thousands in the world are just waiting for more stuff to be released. Maybe EMI factor in Beatles releases with current profitability levels or something. How selfish! And, some of us have been around as youngsters during the Beatles days (Not me). Why should they have to wait a lifetime for stuff to be released?

Not fair to us fans at all!  >:(
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 04:48:05 PM »

So which is your fave then?
All You Need Is LOVE!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 04:55:55 PM »

Re Let It Be. I guess we have to remember that they are flogging a product, and if profits are your primary concern, then drip feeding items makes sense. But not fair on fans, your right.
Also, I wonder how interested Paul and Yoko are in seeing it released. Noone comes out of it looking very good.
don't follow leaders

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 09:01:22 PM »

You're right. Not very good, but they did the anthology thing (bad and good moments on it) so there's no problem because is a good business for them. ;)

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 11:44:39 PM »

Couldn't they take the demo and Get Back versions and mix them together?

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 08:15:54 AM »

^I thought Anthology glossed over the bad bits. Yoko was hardly mentioned, nor was Johns drug habit. Don't recall the Klein/Eastman thing being gone into, or the Long And Winding Road farce, or the Let It Be/MCCartney problem, or John recording outside the band, the Paul/George fight.
don't follow leaders

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 02:02:09 PM »

When I said the anthology thing I included the book (I don't remember which thing was said in which part) and in it there's place to almost all the thing you mentioned and even more in some cases.
What I was trying to say is that everybody knows the real history of what was happennig in those days (who's gonna buy the new DVD but the fans) and that the Let It Be film doesn't show very much apart from their music and the Paul and George thing.
Paul and Yoko are two old peole who like making money and business is business (ask them,- great businessmen both-

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 03:11:13 PM »

Quote from: GreenApple
So which is your fave then?

Obviously everyone thinks both renditions are equally wonderful then!  ;)
All You Need Is LOVE!

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 60 queries.