Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Which musician wouldve 'fit' into The Beatles ?  (Read 11772 times)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Which musician wouldve 'fit' into The Beatles ?
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 06:05:21 PM »

I'm surprised no-one has suggested any women.

Yoko!!!! (joking  ;) )

I reckon Aretha Franklin could have added a fair bit to the Beatles sound, what with her playing piano, as well as having one of the most beautiful voices ever.
Or maybe Janis Joplin. Would be great to hear her sing on the White Album - something like I'm So Tired.
Cilla Black was obviously a big friend of theirs - don't think she was talented enough to stick it in a band with them though.
Would be interesting to hear Joni Mitchell with The Fabs, especially on the later stuff

As much as I love the Beatles, they were raised in a different era and could be pretty damn sexist at times. Though they were progressive in theri admiration of female vocalists, especially girl groups, I don't think they would have taken very kindly to a female added to the group. I just don't think it goes with their dynamic.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »

@7 13:  the part about opinion was just joking around - but the population part is just to say topping charts in england isn't equal to topping charts in america. less people
(of course elvis and the beatles both topped charts worldwide)

..... but in response to your post:

if elvis is half the entertainer that he was, he would have been honored to be an opening act for any rock and roll band, especially the beatles

i don't know about that. there are alot of rumors that elvis didn't like john lennon and actually pushed hard for his deportation

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 12:21:34 AM »

@7 13:  the part about opinion was just joking around - but the population part is just to say topping charts in england isn't equal to topping charts in america. less people
(of course elvis and the beatles both topped charts worldwide)

..... but in response to your post:

i don't know about that. there are alot of rumors that elvis didn't like john lennon and actually pushed hard for his deportation

Yeah, Ringo says in the Anthology DVD that Elvis tried to get the Beatles banned from the States because he was jealous of their popularity.
It's around 4'30 in this clip ...

Beatles talking about meeting Elvis
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 35 queries.