Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 194659 times)

Tara_the_beatle_freak

• One And One Is Two
  • Wsup? I'm probably the most obsessive Beatle fan.
Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2007, 12:24:59 AM »

Quote from: 551
So cool, Tara. Those are all terrific reasons. I'm only getting into the Beatles now, after many years. It's wonderful, all the things there are to discover. Cheers, and welcome!

Thanks! There ARE a lot of things to discover about them!  ;D
:) GIVE PEACE A CHANCE PEOPLE!!

Tara_the_beatle_freak

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2007, 12:28:34 AM »

Quote from: 483

Lucky you!!! I was a bit too young for Beatlemania. 6 in 1964  :'(

Oh..... that stinks. Well, at least you got to feel the anticipation before a cd came out and had chances to go to their concerts. Anyway, did you ever go to any of their concerts? If you did, what were they like? Oh gosh I'm asking too many questions again! ;D So.... bye!  

Bobber

« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2007, 01:34:58 PM »

Quote from: Bobber from two years back

The first thing about the Beatles I can remember is my father telling my five elder sisters (yes I know, I'm spoiled) The Beatles split up. I was almost five years old then. Sad thing that my first memory is the split up. I've been digging deep, but I can't remember ever hearing Help! when I was born. I returned to the Beatles after hearing Paul McCartney and the Wings. Around '77 I think, I think I heard Band On The Run and Jet and thought (still do) it was great! But who was this Paul McCartney anyway? Member of the Beatles? Well, let's listen to some of that. .. One of my sisters bought a Beatles record (didn't have much to spend), think it was Beatles 1962-1966, the red album. I learned how to play the guitar, got a book full of Beatles songs and then I wanted to know them all.

« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2007, 02:34:56 PM »

I do not recall.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2007, 03:06:53 PM »

Quote from: 63

It's funny hearing different peoples stories depending on how old they are. I'm coming from a perspective of having grown up with them. It's a whole different thing for me, personally. Everything means something else to me. There are stages of my life I can relate to The Beatles, which obviously a lot of others around here can't. It's very interesting hearing how younger people have got into them. Especially the much younger people here. After all, why would you like a band from the 60's?

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2007, 03:11:12 PM »

After all, why would you like a band from the 60's?

Subliminal messages man. They're in every Beatles song. And the CIA made it rain at Woodstock, and the FBI knocked off Jimmi because he knew THE TRUTH about what really went down between The Archies and President Johnson.
don't follow leaders

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2007, 08:34:54 PM »

I genrally think they were better songs in the 60's & 70's than now.
How can you beat songs like She Loves You, Help, Strawberry fields, etc.. list
goes on!
Songs of the kinks, who, beach boys, with of course Motown etc have always had an
everlasting quality with great hooks! I don't find a lot of music these days that measure
up to what they did or the beatles did. Maybe i was born at the wrong time...i dunno.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Beatlemania

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2007, 08:51:54 PM »

Quote from: 614
Maybe i was born at the wrong time...i dunno.

Nooo! A lot of my friends-beatlefans think so too. You are wrong, people always don`t like somethink that they have now... You can listen to Beatles, and you should be happy)

Tara_the_beatle_freak

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #228 on: April 06, 2007, 03:23:34 AM »

It's funny hearing different peoples stories depending on how old they are. I'm coming from a perspective of having grown up with them. It's a whole different thing for me, personally. Everything means something else to me. There are stages of my life I can relate to The Beatles, which obviously a lot of others around here can't. It's very interesting hearing how younger people have got into them. Especially the much younger people here. After all, why would you like a band from the 60's?

Well, I'm only 13 and I'd rather listen to the Beatles than some of these other bands anyday. (sorry if this insulted anybody, because I don't mean to, I'm just stating my opinion) And it's true, they are from the 60s, but they'll still be my favorite band.... no one is quite like them  ;D

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #229 on: April 06, 2007, 10:57:04 PM »

You are so right, Tara!!
Just about every song is a classic & you can sing it over 30
or 40 years later. A lot of music & songs around these days is
just forgotten a year after it was made. There is a lot of great
singer-songwriters & bands out there today but i feel they
never get signed or anything. We have to put up with silly boy bands
& endless guitar bashes! (which i feel is such an insult to what George's played).

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #230 on: April 07, 2007, 10:50:32 AM »

Tara , you're right. Much of today's music is all the same. Same sound, same voice. 2 albums later,the band is gone!Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Winter

• One And One Is Two
  • Her Majesty The Queen
« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2007, 08:17:30 PM »

My dad bought "The Beatles Anthology" book and then i firstly started interesting with The Beatles. Next day i played my first Beatle LP it was White Album and it was SO AMAZING for me ...
I couldnt stop hearing it ...
I still remember my first 3 or 4 months when i didnt know who sings what ...
I recognised only Ringos voice but hen in 4 months everything was clear ;)
And that's why Im Beatle fan.
Thanks for my daddy that he is Beatle fan too, and that he bought Anthology ...

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2007, 08:30:25 PM »

Just realised I havent actually posted on here yet (as far as I can see)- and I probably should so..

Well I was really ignorant of the Beatles for ages- and just not into much music at all because all I had access to hearing was rubbish modern pop stuff on the radio which really did nothing for me- and I remember wondering how anyone can love a band absolutely loads because I hadn't heard music I really connected with. Then my Mum was playing Pink Floyd and I was just immediately taken by it and so I borrowed her CD (I was about 15 by this point) and then I figured since I liked it so much I should give some of the rest of my parent's CD collection a try so I got a few things- some Queen, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin and the Beatles '1' album. And I loved them all but then the Beatles one just blew me away- I didn't stop listening to it I was in awe of it and how varied the songs were. Then I found Sgt Pepper in their CD collection and that was even more amazing and then I gradually bought their other albums- probably bought my first own Beatles album when I was nearly 16 and now Im nearly 18 and a complete fan  :) And now I completely understand how someone can love music because I discovered older music and music that mattered and music means loads to me and I can't imagine the time when I was so oblivious to the Beatles and other greats like them!

The End
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

Winter

• One And One Is Two
  • Her Majesty The Queen
« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2007, 08:43:57 PM »

when i found White Album i just was listening only that one about 1,5 months ...
I just cant stopped it was like a drug ;)
After that time i get another CD's ...
But now my favourit Beatle CD is Rubber Soul i think ...

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #234 on: April 14, 2007, 08:59:16 PM »

Quote from: 664
I just cant stopped it was like a drug ;)

You've got right on Winter!! ;)
their music just leaves you breathless for more & more!!! :)
When i first discovered them with Sgt Pepper, i woundn't stop playing it.
Listening to one album for months!!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2007, 10:33:50 PM »

I love hearing all these stories. It's really amazing, and fun! :)

Welcome to the board, Winter!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Tara_the_beatle_freak

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #236 on: April 21, 2007, 01:03:35 AM »

Quote from: 614
You are so right, Tara!!
Just about every song is a classic & you can sing it over 30
or 40 years later. A lot of music & songs around these days is
just forgotten a year after it was made. There is a lot of great
singer-songwriters & bands out there today but i feel they
never get signed or anything. We have to put up with silly boy bands
& endless guitar bashes! (which i feel is such an insult to what George's played).

I feel exactly the same way!

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2007, 09:35:33 PM »

My dad. That's who I credit. He's been playing there music since I was in the womb. He taught me EVERYTHING i know about them.
Since he is like  "All Knowing" about The Beatles, and I'm serious, it scares me how much he knows.

Ya, I just grew up  with there music. It was love at first listen.
   George all the way though! Definitely has been my favorite musician since ever!!!!

I know where your coming from Tara... I'm around your age and I don't like modern bands at all. No one compares!!!!

We were at this assembly at school... and the princible said something about the cosby show ended two years before we were born and he was surprised everyone knew what it was...
and I was like my band broke up 20 years before I was born!!!!

Oh well, enough talking I'll give someone else a chance to speak!

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2007, 03:20:26 AM »

Hello, I am a new member on this forum. I discovered The Beatles when I was six. That year my dad picked up 1 and it changed my life. The tunes weren't like any of the music my friends or I had ever heard. Unfortunately, my dad worked late and wasn't home a lot so I mostly listened to what my mom listened to. Country music. Because of this my interest in The Beatles waned.  When I was 10 my parents divorced and while I was saddened by the event, I got to spend more time with my dad. During this I rediscovered my love for The Beatles as well as being introduced to artists such The Traveling Wiburys and Jimmy Buffet.  On my 12th birthday, I received my own copy of 1 further fueling my obsession. I am now 13 and today my dad and I enjoy not only listening to today's musicians but The Beatles as well (His favorite Album is Revolver). As you can tell my favorite Beatle While My Guitar Gently Weeps. So far I haven't convinced my brother who is 14 months younger, nor my sister who is seven to become Beatle fan (though my sister can name each Beatle on Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road.) This is how I discovered The Beatles.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #239 on: April 28, 2007, 03:54:19 AM »

Welcome, DarkSweetLady and While My Guitar Gently Weeps. How neat that you discovered the Beatles while you're still growing up. I didn't really "find" them until my forties!

I hope you enjoy the forums! Cheers.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44

Page created in 0.39 seconds with 85 queries.