Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: two best bands  (Read 6811 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: two best bands
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 12:24:48 AM »

I'll say the Beatles and Led Zeppelin. I took the easy and obvious way out.

p8ntball370

• A Beginning
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 03:53:16 AM »

Quote from: somedude210
first, i'm too lazy to use any grammer. secondly, Bono has created the organization One, which has helped out the poverty problem in Africa, and he has attended meetings with world leaders to push for world peace and alternatives then war. he has also helped rally support against the IRA attacks in Ireland. and i mean, hes rich. he can help just about anyway with the amount of money he has.

Woah woah woah, all I am asking you to do is to use correct capatalization. It doesnt take THAT much energy to do that. Just use one of your fingers to press the 'Shift' button while you type your letter. Sheesh, I don't see how you can be too lazy for that.

Blue_meanie

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 01:03:55 PM »

The 'White Album' isn't great?

Crappiest since Rubber Soul (arguably their best album!)?

:-/

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 06:31:48 PM »

time period wise, RS is by far an awesome album, I'm just trying to put it in perspective as to time period.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

p8ntball370

• A Beginning
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 11:53:33 PM »

So you are saying that from Rubber Soul on through Let It Be, The Beatles (aka the White Album) is the worst during that extent of time?

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2005, 01:34:31 AM »

yes, as controversial as it is, out of all of the albums from RS to LIB, WA is just not them. thats why the 90's were U2's WA cause it wasn't their style.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2005, 01:40:30 AM »

You can compare U2 to the Beatles in many ways and they are almost as great as the beatles. U2 is to the 80's and 00's as the beatles were to the 60's. They just seemed to last a tad bit longer then the Beatles.

Oh, and I just found this out. U2 is planning on re-releasing Pop and redoing it so that it will be as it was intended to be.

Bobber

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2005, 08:21:11 AM »

yes, as controversial as it is, out of all of the albums from RS to LIB, WA is just not them. thats why the 90's were U2's WA cause it wasn't their style.

I don't share your opinion. And I know many others don't. A lot of people think the White Album is one of the Beatles best. If you should the 90's U2 albums compare to anything from the Beatles, I'd say it was the Yellow Submarine album or The Magical Mystery Tour movie. Well intended, but not received very well. Or 'the lost decade', comparing to John's lost weekend (although he wasn't lost, in fact he was found).

Bobber

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2005, 08:22:09 AM »

Oh, and I just found this out. U2 is planning on re-releasing Pop and redoing it so that it will be as it was intended to be.

So they do agree that they made a mistake with this album?

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2005, 08:30:35 AM »

Pop the album was a big let down. I'd never say that about the White Album.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 09:21:03 AM »

I think if you could speak of a weak album in this period, it's Let It Be. That has its reasons of course. Maybe U2 was about to break up in the 90's as well.

p8ntball370

• A Beginning
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2005, 02:47:37 PM »

I dont know, I'm still not getting it. Apparently there are alot of U2 fans, but I can't say that I would be one to compare them to the Beatles. I don't see how U2 is incorporated into the 80's and 2000's like the Beatles are with the 60's. I'm here today, and I dont see any massive influence from U2.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2005, 04:53:19 AM »

They are still leagues apart. Not taking anything away from U2 but The Beatles are certainly in a place of their own when it comes to their impact on the world. The timing and the condition will never be the same again.

Even if anyone did get close, it will always be referred to The Beatles. They sailed the ship of Best band in the world in unchartered waters. They were and still are THE benchmark.

Blue_meanie

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2005, 11:38:55 AM »

8)

Bobber

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2005, 12:23:15 PM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle
They are still leagues apart. Not taking anything away from U2 but The Beatles are certainly in a place of their own when it comes to their impact on the world. The timing and the condition will never be the same again.

Even if anyone did get close, it will always be referred to The Beatles. They sailed the ship of Best band in the world in unchartered waters. They were and still are THE benchmark.

Good points.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2005, 07:15:09 PM »

true, and they are by far the best band in history and will always be the best band. (beatles that is) but as for second place, i'm still sticking with U2

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2005, 07:17:19 PM »

Quote from: Bobber

So they do agree that they made a mistake with this album?

they always admitted that Pop was rushed and unfinished and that they wanted to redo it and show what they had intended for the album instead of the rushed songs they put on the old album.

Bobber

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2005, 06:30:08 AM »

true, and they are by far the best band in history and will always be the best band. (beatles that is) but as for second place, i'm still sticking with U2

That's why they're called U2, instead of U1  (sorry, bad joke)

Public Pervert

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2005, 07:22:13 AM »

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

Don't think the guy who wrote the article did either...Must be a failed musician or something. He's a all guns blazing for em. lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 77 queries.