Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Do You Respect Yoko Ono?  (Read 15839 times)

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
Re: Do You Respect Yoko Ono?
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2008, 01:26:21 AM »

I do respect her, but to a limit. She is an absolute iron lady. Very strong and strong-willed. However, I will probably never forgive her for all that John marketing. That detracts from my respect. But, an overall yes.
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2008, 02:44:44 PM »

never gave it any thought tbh

Kagome

• A Beginning
  • Recording Engineer Toshiba EMI & Capitol EMI
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2009, 11:22:12 PM »

I don`t respect her at all I think She has keep john for getting back with Paul and George and Ringo I heard on this one BBC TV Show that  May Pang said that John wanted to get back for a Reunion with the Beatles but Yoko Think it was not a good idea And Yoko is too Greedy and a wacko and she can not sing

Deb

• A Beginning
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2009, 01:22:23 AM »

I like ONE thing that Yoko did.....she donated some great John stuff to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.   I live about 30 miles from it.   John's green Sgt. Pepper's uniform is there.....what a trip to actually see it!   She also donated his old Hamburg leather jacket, his original handwritten lyrics for "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", his collarless Beatle jacket and a lot of other things, too.  She also held a special exhibit at the RRHF several years ago and I saw  John's guitars and the bed he made from old church pews.   It was a little creepy to see the glasses he wore the night he was murdered.....his blood was still on them.  Yoko also included the hospital bag that held the clothes John wore when he was shot.  His bloody clothes were still inside the bag..... Maybe she wanted people to see the reality of it all?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2009, 09:26:22 AM »

Quote from: 1684
I don`t respect her at all I think She has keep john for getting back with Paul and George and Ringo I heard on this one BBC TV Show that  May Pang said that John wanted to get back for a Reunion with the Beatles but Yoko Think it was not a good idea And Yoko is too Greedy and a wacko and she can not sing

This thread is to discuss whether you respect her or not. It's not a place for insults. In what way is she a 'wacko'?

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2009, 10:58:48 AM »

I do respect Yoko of course if he hadn't met her he prob wouldn't of wrote Imagine

Rising Starr

• A Beginning
    • alison johnson
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

I totally respect her.  She is an unbelievable person.  She is a phenominal artist and one of the few people in this world who is on the same level intellectually and creatively as John was.  They seemed so much in love and were able to talk to each other so easily.  John was lucky to have found her.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2009, 04:28:52 PM »

Quote from: 431
she was one of the few people in this world who is on the same level intellectually .....as John was.  

You make that sound like a good thing.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2009, 03:50:27 PM »

Some years ago I would have said that I have nothing to disrespect her for. But in recent years she just seems to want to profit from Lennon's memory. She is famous because of him. Not the other way around. It's time she accepted that.

Magness

• A Thousand Pages
  • Simple truth miscalled Simplicity
    • My Gallery of Horrors! XD
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »

Quote from: 483
she just seems to want to profit from Lennon's memory. She is famous because of him. Not the other way around. It's time she accepted that.

Same here! I agree with you. Yoko became famous only because of John and his fame. And now she is just using his name and trying not to fall into oblivion. It's the main reason why I DON'T respect her
Stop the Earth spinning round, I'll get out of it!!

MandyBug

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2009, 04:33:50 AM »

Quote from: 315
I respect her as a person. She has never done anything wrong to me for me to feel otherwise. However, certain things that she does, from time to time, regarding her husband's legacy and other things...I can't really respect. So yes, I respect her as a person but I don't always respect her actions.

I agree.....also, I also take into account that John loved her, so there must have been something good about her.

I don't hate her....I don't really like her all that much, but I don't want to bash someone John loved so much.

Not that John was perfect, by any means.
I just like him a lot :).

briannamariee

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2009, 02:12:25 AM »

no, i don't respect her. i have tried so hard in the past to, since john loved her so much. but i can't bring myself to. she completely changed john, and she made him so political. maybe he still would be breathing if he never met her. people think it was a deranged fan, but chances are the guy wouldn't have popped him if he wasn't so political as yoko made him, like pre-yoko john. but that's just my opinion.

Georgies Girl

• A Beginning
  • Official Georgie's Gal =)
    • Someplace Else
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2009, 02:23:45 AM »

Yeah, I guess I respect her. As many here said, the important thing is that John loved her and he was happy by her side. And well, recently she has been having good ideas, like the Imagine Peace Tower and sort of.
What I don't really like about her is her "art" or "style", whatever you like to call what she does. I mean...I can't stand more than three minutes of her singing. Seriously :P
But in everything else, I think she's a nice person and I admire her :)

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2009, 12:30:37 AM »

You can stand three minutes of her singing?! That's willpower, mate! :o
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Magness

• A Thousand Pages
  • Simple truth miscalled Simplicity
    • My Gallery of Horrors! XD
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2009, 05:18:20 AM »

2Georgies Girl
I agree with Mrs L, it's just unbeliveable that you can stand three minutes of her singing. Personally I can't stand more even 20 seconds of her singing, then my poor ears begin to hurt X)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:35:16 AM by Magness »
Stop the Earth spinning round, I'll get out of it!!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2009, 12:38:27 AM »

Do I respect Yoko?

I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

kittyhighx3

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2009, 12:55:47 AM »

I respect her as a person but I'm not sure if I like her or not. It flip flops most of the time. For John to have loved her and stayed with her for all those years, I realize she must be an interesting person with a good sense of humour and interesting ideas (the Imagine tower, for instance).  But then, I hear about her treatment of Julian, Cyn, and Paul over the years and I get disillusioned with her again.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2009, 04:22:39 AM »

Do I respect Yoko?

That's great  ;D

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2009, 10:41:10 PM »

This is another topic I have debated over the years because I don't think about it on a daily basis.
My simpler answer is : Yes, I do respect Yoko Ono.

What's not to respect? People have to get over the fact that The Beatles broke up. Yes, it would have been amazing if they could have remained together, but then we wouldn't have all those great solo songs. Plus, it wasn't Yoko's fault. I don't think she changed John, I think they helped each other realize what was inside of them all along. You don't meet a girl then become the most genius artist, performer, person to ever walk the earth. That was in John all along. He wasn't going to be this naive, mop top boyish man for his entire life. People need to get over that whole thing!

Yoko was courageous in everything she did. Her art, her style, her life. And to stand here 28 years after her husband was killed and she is still trying to keep his memory alive, I think fans owe her a little respect. People complain, she's exploiting him, selling him as a brand. I honestly don't care if John Lennon's name is on a t-shirt, a picture, or a ... I don't know... a waffle maker! In my mind this is all  helps to keep his memory alive because it's keeping his name out there in the public. It helps younger generations discover his talent. You don't die that many years ago and are still in the peoples conciousness like John still is.

Go and ask 10 kids who George Harrison is, odds are none will know. Now go ask them who John Lennon is. More are going to know.

I respect Yoko. She is a strong, independent, intelligent women. I want to see half the people out there do what she did.

I'm willing to debate this one. :)  
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:45:21 PM by DarkSweetLady »

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2009, 09:35:14 PM »

I agree with DSL that we should respect Yoko. And I do. She is a clever, strong, tough woman. Much stronger than most, much stronger than men. She and John were a great couple at the beginning. The couple of the decade and one of the greatest couples of the last century. However, then things changed. They drifted apart and after that it was a mistake to return to Yoko, they were finished. And I think that John felt it but did not understand it to the full.
Is it true that he wanted to leave her, and even to return to Cynthia but she cut her veins and he returned?
If he hadn`t stuck with Yoko afterwards, hadn`t been in New York, he might not have been killed...I dare add. Some people think it was Yoko`s plot as she felt she was losing him. I think it is nonsense.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 1.319 seconds with 89 queries.