Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Halloween!  (Read 34586 times)

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Halloween!
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2008, 08:56:36 PM »

Quote from: 1393
Aspie, very cute!!! I`d like such a hat!
^^^^^^Thanks Jane!!!  I wanted a hat like that for soooooo long and finally found one on ebay and bought it immediately.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2008, 09:20:19 PM »

I have a hat just like that, Aspie! Nifty-ness!

Okay, how does one do nothing on Halloween? YOU TELL ME!

Anyways, this year, I'm going as trash. I'm wearing a trashbag dress and I'll have junk everywhere. I'm kinda scared that I'll look like a hobo, though.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2008, 11:11:51 PM »

Halloween is on a Friday this year and I am VERY happy about that, no work the next day!! I am sure I will find a party to go to.  I am not sure what I will be this year....I better get on it!
<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2008, 12:36:34 AM »

Well, all.............the parties start next Saturday for me.  The annual "Candy and Jerry's Halloween Costume Ball" next weekend at their house just, "really", across the woods from us.  This is the 6th time we're going to this one and it's a BLAST!!!!
Then.........Oct. 24/25, the Knights of Columbus at our church........any of you who are Catholic will know what this is.........are doing their annual "Haunted Hayride".  It's down in the woods from our parish church, along a trial, and there are different "stations" that we build with whatever horror theme we want...........nothing "satanic".  I've been involved in this for the last three years and now I've been promoted to "head witch" of the Witch's Station.  We have to decorate and decide on a theme, all within good taste.  I've got my new "recruits" for this year and we're gonna have a blast!!!  The guys in the parish who have tractors and trailers are the drivers along the trial.  We put bails of hay on the trailers and have about 20 paying customers on each ride.  It's a big fund raiser for our church.  There's also a few games and concessions at the top of the trial where the people pay for the ride.  I WILL post pictures of this event.  My friend Candy always plans her costume party the weekend ahead of the Hayride so I can "debute" my new costume for the season.
And...................on Oct 31, instead of going "trick-o-treating", Candy, again, is having her on little hayride thru her woods and fields for her grandkids and kids and whoever in her extended family.  Her older kids do the "spooking" in the woods and fields, so it's pretty fun.  Last year was very cool, and it was so much fun to curl up on a trailer full of hay with a warm blanket and ride thru the woods.........
Ok...........enough from me..........I CELEBRATE Halloween.  Next to Christmas, my favorite!!!!

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2008, 01:13:44 AM »

Sounds like a blast! I love Halloween!
<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2008, 01:18:40 AM »

^^^^That's too cool Heather!!!!
And everybody..................if you go to a Halloween party, post your pix of costumes and such.  We'll have a "blast" on this thread!!!!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2008, 07:40:36 AM »

I've never been big on Halloween (I know I'm weird :) ), but this year I've been encouraged to dress up for school, since I'm doing clinic work with little kids.  I am considering going as a hippie (flower), an idea inspired by my love for the Beatles!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2008, 02:28:38 PM »

We don't really have Halloween here. The last few years there have been some (usually commercially driven) attempts at introducing it to our country, but I don't think it'll ever really catch on. Seems like fun though.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2008, 03:13:44 PM »

It's alot of fun, Joost.  I love the putting the costume together and getting dressed in it, the makeup.......it's kinda like a little "fantasy/fairy tale" to me.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2008, 02:54:11 AM »

I'm going as Lolita.. it should be fun.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2008, 07:32:23 AM »

Lolita... that's original. Stil havent read the book...
I did some halloween celebration in South Africa... We dont do it here in New Zie anymore. i'll be at home waiting for the kids to say trick or treat.

Quote from: 1255

Wow, Aspie you look great! Got your red wig yet? (talking of which, I dyed my hair red on the weekend!!!)

Quote from: 1301
Anyways, this year, I'm going as trash. I'm wearing a trashbag dress and I'll have junk everywhere. I'm kinda scared that I'll look like a hobo, though.

Dont worry Freakie, a friend of mine ones dressed up as a slut!

I think it was Harihead, last year. who said that she is hiding downstairs with curtains drawn and lights off to make the kids think there was no one at home  ;D

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

BlueMeanie

« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2008, 10:44:14 AM »

Quote from: 218
I'm going as Lolita.. it should be fun.

Oo La La!

Pictures please!

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »

I'm looking forward to my Halloween party I'm going to

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2008, 03:00:16 PM »

Quote from: 596

Dont worry Freakie, a friend of mine ones dressed up as a slut!

Not THAT type of trash! I mean the literal trash like where you throw things out. I'm saving the OTHER type of trash for my sister.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2008, 03:52:49 PM »

Wow, Aspie you look great! Got your red wig yet? (talking of which, I dyed my hair red on the weekend!!!)

[/quote]

Yep I got the red wig and it's awesome.  Will wear it this weekend to a party and will take pictures.  And I want to see a pix of your fabulous red hair.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2008, 03:53:48 PM »

And I totally screwed that post up, Honey.........sorry...........

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2008, 01:46:31 AM »

I'll be at home studying for my Biochem midterm the next day  :o  I'd much rather be out at a pub or at one of my friends places

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »

I'll be having an exam in accounting information systems on Hallowe'en... now that's really scary! ;D
Funny thing is that I've never celebrated Hallowe'en or gone trick-or-treating, ever... when I was young, it wasn't celebrated where I lived, and when I moved to a country where it was celebrated, I thought I was too old for it ;D And for the past 2 years I've always had an exam on the day. But I've got sweets at the ready for the all the little kiddies who are gonna come a-knocking :)

Nice piccie Aspie 8)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2008, 07:29:24 PM »

^^^^^Thanks Octie.  I'm having a "witches meeting" tomorrow night at my house to talk about the Haunted Hayride we'll be participating in next weekend.  I've got the "Witch's Station" to run and have about 4 to 5 other "witches" with me.  And Jeff, my hubby, will be there with us.  I haven't decided on a "theme" yet.............every year, the witches have a theme for their station area.  Any ideas out there????  Jeff's thinking about being a big werewolf and us witches can't handle him and he breaks loose from his chains.  That's an idea we're throwing around now..............

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2008, 07:17:10 PM »

Some Halloween humor.......................
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 83 queries.