Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm Sick of Paul Bashers!!  (Read 4534 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
I'm Sick of Paul Bashers!!
« on: December 03, 2005, 08:27:06 AM »

I've so had it with people that know nothing bashing Paul. It's the same comments all the time. He's fluff. His music is all pop. He wasn't deep like Lennon. Now the new one is his ego and controlling attitude broke up the group. Like the others didn't have an ego. I think if Paul was controlling, it's because he wanted what he thought was best for them. I don't think he was doing it to be a dick. I think he cared about the group more than any of them. Otherwise why go into a deep depression after the break up?? Also, the whole Paul as PR man and that he's not sincere. Give me a break! They put him in that position because he's good a communicating to people. So that makes him an opportunist? I think the guy is decent. More decent than given credit for. He's out there now because he loves what he does. He has a passion for it. I think he cares about his fans and I certainly don't think he's trying to take anything away from Lennon in interviews and so on. These are just some of the annoying things that bother me. What's this trend of Lennon as God and Paul as fluff? I just do NOT get it?? I think Paul is anything but fluff. I think he was just as important as Lennon. People just don't care to acknowledge what he's done. They just read the surface crap and the stuff that came out about Lennon after his death. They guy was practically sainted. Paul's being punished for living I guess. Anyway, what do you say to these people? What can you point out to shut them up?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: I'm Sick of Paul Bashers!!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 10:31:21 AM »

Well, first of all Paul wasn't stupid enough to marry Yoko.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 11:22:33 AM »

Paul Mccartney is a musical genius.
And Pre-1972, the coolest musician going 8)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 12:22:47 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
Well, first of all Paul wasn't stupid enough to marry Yoko.
No need to say more.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 12:37:53 PM »

What to say to paul Bashers?...Well I had a few goes at explaining to Ydoll. lol

NEVER were they as good without each other. (Check solo careers for proof.)

Are your opinions formed from dis-gruntled, failed musician 'journalists?' with a deep dis-like of anything 'nice.' Or journalists in Yoko's pocket?

John would have probably spoken out by now and cleared up all the confusion if he were around...so it's all speculation at best.

Totally agree about Paul trying hard to keep the band inspired collectively.

They were both just young pals who had achieved all their dreams and more....then, families, mid-life crisis and iconic duties/expectations all played their part in The Beatles un-workable position.

The easy way to shut them up would be to spout a load of anti-John papp but that would be just as negative as their own futile efforts to split into camps whether you should have to like John or Paul more.

Most artists are happy to have one maybe 2 hits... Both these guys have written enough quality...(Even solo) to shut us all up. Until you can do better.....Just speculate and sound like a dick. For me? Good music is good music... Just have to Dig It , Dig it, Dig it!!!!

They were the same men essentially, death in their families was what propelled their passion for music and success. Why separate them?

Should they have both sounded exactly the same after The Beatles? I mean wtf?

It's a tired, boring argument for the new genaration to have a go at deciphering.

Pointless conundrum!
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 02:16:40 PM »

Sandra, I do hope that your thread was not inspired by my thread on Paul. I do indeed think he is a very decent guy. I just wanted some ideas on how Paul could be categorised as a Beatle. So, I agree he is the ambitious one. That same ambition meant he was the most productive Beatle of all! He wrote most of the Beatles songs and most of them are great!

Before I joined this forum, I also thought Paul was somehow tangential to it all. The others put me straight; now I respect Paul a lot. Also, for his new album. I'm not a Paul basher! In fact, most of my threads since I joined a couple of months ago seem to be on the subject of Paul! So, viva Paul, all power to Paul!
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 02:20:44 PM »

As An Apple Beatle says, people don't like things nice. Inluding music journalists. He went poppy afte the Beatles I suppose, but Beatles' music is basically pop anyway! They picked up on rock as it came along, but I think they were essentially pop anyway. Without that broad pop appleal they probably would never have been such a massive band IMO.
All You Need Is LOVE!

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 04:01:52 PM »

I hate Heather bashers.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 04:18:22 PM »

Quote from: TheMasterOfGoingFaster
I hate Heather bashers.

We don't really know much about her. Or, I don't at least. It's Paul's life! Beatles fans should really only comment on the music. Forget the silly journalists!
All You Need Is LOVE!

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 05:45:03 PM »

Sad but true fact: Everyone will like Paul a lot more when he's dead. A lot of folks seem to resent him for outliving John.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 06:57:45 PM »

No Greenapple. The thing that got me going, and it's been building up for like a year, was this thread at another forum. I started one about Lennon and he got things like: genius, he changed my life, important to music and so on. Then I started a McCartney thread and I get:

I'd go see paul, hes the only left really doing anything, too much though

He's My least favorite Beatle though, his ego, and controlling nature is was what lead to the power struggles that eventually killed the beatles

I dont think i could stand a show with all McCartney beatle songs, POP CENTRAL

Wha?? I mean, come on. It's enough already with this kind of ignorance. His screen name is Dig a Pygmy and his avatar is of Lennon, so you can see where he's coming from. I don't get why people can't appreciate both. I think they're equal. I really do.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 07:14:48 PM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
[...] I don't get why people can't appreciate both. I think they're equal. I really do.
So do I. I do appreciate the four guys.
I don't think they were equal but they were at the same level (I know what you mean and I share it).

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 03:28:06 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
No Greenapple. The thing that got me going, and it's been building up for like a year, was this thread at another forum. I started one about Lennon and he got things like: genius, he changed my life, important to music and so on. Then I started a McCartney thread and I get:

I'd go see paul, hes the only left really doing anything, too much though

He's My least favorite Beatle though, his ego, and controlling nature is was what lead to the power struggles that eventually killed the beatles

I dont think i could stand a show with all McCartney beatle songs, POP CENTRAL

Wha?? I mean, come on. It's enough already with this kind of ignorance. His screen name is Dig a Pygmy and his avatar is of Lennon, so you can see where he's coming from. I don't get why people can't appreciate both. I think they're equal. I really do.

This is it though..once you get to that way of thinkng, you have to watch many others get there. lol

The way forward is to dig the whole sum of the parts. ;)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 03:47:02 AM »

HEY!!!!i only bash paul to make you guys defend the little weasel...lol
no paul no beatles no john no beatles no george no beatles no ringo no beatle.....no pete no beatles??

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 03:48:47 AM »

i do declare mistah bulter it was paul that first attracted me to the beatles.....thats what scarlett said to rhett butler....

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 05:32:07 AM »

Paul sucks!  :o

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 01:05:23 PM »

Quote from: MagicAlex
Sad but true fact: Everyone will like Paul a lot more when he's dead. A lot of folks seem to resent him for outliving John.

Good point.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 01:34:58 PM »

Quote from: MagicAlex

Sandra, InBlueHawaii is right. It happened to John after all. As I seem to recall.

And, I think that they were indeed equal. If we balance out their respective contributions, they were equal. But, so many are accustomed to thinking of John, Paul, George, and Ringo. In that order. I do indeed see it that way myself. I think John was indeed the first, but Paul was so close behind that they were effectively equal.

:)
All You Need Is LOVE!

Wayne L.

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 01:55:28 PM »

Bashing Paul for the hell of it is STUPID because it shows you have no intelligence at all but having an opinion of him positive or negative when it comes to his music isn't hate speech.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 02:01:32 PM »

I'm not a Paul-basher, I'd like to make it perfectly clear!
All You Need Is LOVE!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 81 queries.