Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: What do you love about Ringo?  (Read 19189 times)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
Re: What do you love about Ringo?
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2009, 07:53:32 PM »

I love his laugh so much.  ;D

You can hear it in this clip @ 3:56! It's adorable. Tis great!

The Beatles: Rare Footage From 1965 (Part 1)

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2010, 08:02:44 AM »

This sums it up for me!  ;D

Ringo, i love you

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 07:30:10 AM »

ok... so I was thinking about some of the reasons why I love Ringo, and some of them have to do with his personality, but then I started thinking about other reasons why I love him so much and one of them is his legs! Have you ever noticed they always look good? In any kind of pants like Jeans, suit pants, shorts, all kinds!  ;) Well I did!  ha2ha

ok, just one more, then I'll put you out of your misery. LOL!

;)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2010, 12:48:02 AM »

I thought this was funny, because I always thought he was cute in these parts!  ;D
I just want to hug him!!

Ringo Starr Steals the Show at a 1966 Beatles Press Conference

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2010, 01:43:01 AM »

ok... so I was thinking about some of the reasons why I love Ringo, and some of them have to do with his personality, but then I started thinking about other reasons why I love him so much and one of them is his legs! Have you ever noticed they always look good? In any kind of pants like Jeans, suit pants, shorts, all kinds!  ;) Well I did!  ha2ha

I agree! He had nice legs. :D

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2010, 03:16:31 AM »

I agree! He had nice legs. :D

well at least someone agrees!  ;) ha2ha

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 09:12:30 PM »

Bunch of good Ringo moments in this one 1:45 and onward.  :D

The Beatles: Rare Footage From 1964 (Part 3)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »

This is one reason!  ;D

This is another.  :)

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2010, 11:04:34 PM »

^^ I laughed really hard at that post!

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »

HAHA! I actually laughed quite loudly at that

The name's Emily :)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2010, 01:56:45 AM »

^ Ringo in the trunk! That's adorable!

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2010, 02:40:08 AM »

This is another reason!

and this... ;)

Oomu

• Getting Better
  • It's always the quiet ones.
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2010, 10:42:34 AM »

and this... ;)

That picture... is going to send me into some kind of coma. WHERE do you get this stuff?!

larainefan

• A Beginning
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2010, 06:00:21 PM »

Ringo looks very sexy even now, he sure doesn't look as if he's going to be 70 soon.

What I like about Ringo is that he and George were such close friends.  Now I'm getting back into reading about the Beatles, I'm rediscovering just what a great friendship they had.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2010, 06:12:44 PM »

Ringo looks very sexy even now, he sure doesn't look as if he's going to be 70 soon.

What I like about Ringo is that he and George were such close friends.  Now I'm getting back into reading about the Beatles, I'm rediscovering just what a great friendship they had.

I love that about him as well. I really enjoy reading about the love they truly had for one another, they were very close. It's so sweet! Good point Laraine.  :)

RingoFan1964

• Getting Better
  • Have you ever wished upon a Starr?
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2010, 03:36:05 AM »

I love Ringo because of his smiles, cuteness, and SO many other things I could say but I won't.
I wish I could watch those videos on this thread but my computer hates YouTube. :(
A Starr like no other.

^All my best boys are in this picture.

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2010, 11:33:05 PM »

1. He's incredibly underrated. I tend to support the underappreciated.
2. He's my favourite drummer.
3. I like his solo songs. My favs are Photograph, La De Da, Love Is Here, Peace Dream, It Don't Come Easy, I'm The Greatest, Only You, Beaucoups of Blues, Good Night Vienna, King Of Broken Hearts, Walk With You, Never Without You.
4. He seems to have the most down to earth personality.
5. I love all The Beatles, but him and John are my faves.

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2010, 11:36:44 PM »

I was working behind the bar last night - and there was a group of annoying regulars who always end up talking about the early 60's and the Beatles. I just stand and listen - But on this particular occasion, a new guy was there...and the conversation turned to Ringo. They were all laughing about him, cracking the usual jokes, until a young fellow  blurted out the classic line:

"Lennon said that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles"

Suddenly I felt my Ringo protectiveness boil over, casually walking over, I calmly spoke out

"I suggest you listen to some choice songs such as Rain, She Loves You, Paperback Writer, Tomorrow Never Knows, A Day In The Life, Get Back or Being for the Benefit of Mr.Kite - so you never know...you might learn something"

and then walked off to collect some empty glasses.
Their faces . .. ....  priceless :)

I don't consider people who bring up that quote real Beatles fans. Real Beatles fans love all members of the Fab Four and appreciate each of their individual contributions. My aunt and uncle are the biggest Beatles fans I know. They grew up as teenagers during Beatlemania. My aunt's fav is John. I'm not sure about my uncle. But even though Ringo is not their favourite, they're still big fans of his. They even went to his concert when he went here to Toronto.
Whenever I see an idiot bring up that quote, I always post this other John quote:

John Lennon (in a Playboy interview, 1980):

PLAYBOY: Let's move on to Ringo. What's your opinion of him musically?

LENNON: Ringo was a star in his own right in Liverpool before we even met. He was a professional drummer who sang and performed and had Ringo Star-time and he was in one of the top groups in Britain but especially in Liverpool before we even had a drummer. So Ringo's talent would have come out one way or the other as something or other. I don't know what he would have ended up as, but whatever that spark is in Ringo that we all know but can't put our finger on -- whether it is acting, drumming or singing I don't know -- there is something in him that is projectable and he would have surfaced with or without the Beatles. Ringo is a damn good drummer. He is not technically good, but I think Ringo's drumming is underrated the same way Paul's bass playing is underrated. Paul was one of the most innovative bass players ever. And half the stuff that is going on now is directly ripped off from his Beatles period. He is an egomaniac about everything else about himself, but his bass playing he was always a bit coy about. I think Paul and Ringo stand up with any of the rock musicians. Not technically great -- none of us are technical musicians. None of us could read music. None of us can write it. But as pure musicians, as inspired humans to make the noise, they are as good as anybody.

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2010, 11:38:09 PM »

It's commonly thought that Ringo did only one drum solo. But actually he did two - the one on SFF also. So, I love both drum solos.  :)

Does Birthday not count as having a Ringo drum solo?

Oomu

• Getting Better
  • It's always the quiet ones.
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2010, 11:48:41 PM »

I don't consider people who bring up that quote real Beatles fans. Real Beatles fans love all members of the Fab Four and appreciate each of their individual contributions. My aunt and uncle are the biggest Beatles fans I know. They grew up as teenagers during Beatlemania. My aunt's fav is John. I'm not sure about my uncle. But even though Ringo is not their favourite, they're still big fans of his. They even went to his concert when he went here to Toronto.
Whenever I see an idiot bring up that quote, I always post this other John quote:

John Lennon (in a Playboy interview, 1980):

PLAYBOY: Let's move on to Ringo. What's your opinion of him musically?

LENNON: Ringo was a star in his own right in Liverpool before we even met. He was a professional drummer who sang and performed and had Ringo Star-time and he was in one of the top groups in Britain but especially in Liverpool before we even had a drummer. So Ringo's talent would have come out one way or the other as something or other. I don't know what he would have ended up as, but whatever that spark is in Ringo that we all know but can't put our finger on -- whether it is acting, drumming or singing I don't know -- there is something in him that is projectable and he would have surfaced with or without the Beatles. Ringo is a damn good drummer. He is not technically good, but I think Ringo's drumming is underrated the same way Paul's bass playing is underrated. Paul was one of the most innovative bass players ever. And half the stuff that is going on now is directly ripped off from his Beatles period. He is an egomaniac about everything else about himself, but his bass playing he was always a bit coy about. I think Paul and Ringo stand up with any of the rock musicians. Not technically great -- none of us are technical musicians. None of us could read music. None of us can write it. But as pure musicians, as inspired humans to make the noise, they are as good as anybody.

Very well said! I've never seen that Lennon quote before (clearly I've never tried very hard.  ;D) but it's wonderful. And I totally agree with you about that stupid quote. But people who use it are probably generally are unaware of John's sense of humor, so there you go.

Also, I don't think Birthday does count as a solo; I think it's more of a drum break instead. I could be wrong though.  :)

Welcome to the forums, by the way!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.547 seconds with 87 queries.