Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What is the worst album by Paul?  (Read 7948 times)

dirtyoldsod

• A Beginning
  • Sue me sue you
Re: What is the worst album by Paul?
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2007, 08:33:32 AM »

IMO, McCartney, and almost everything he released after Wings (a few minor exceptions) up to the most recent two. Chaos was decent but I didn't think it was great either, and the newest might be okay, but from what I've heard of it so far wasn't too appealing to me.

Maybe I'm just crazy though, because I love McCartney II AND Wildlife.
<br /><br /><br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2007, 10:46:13 AM »

As I just added to the 'Johns worst album' thread, I felt it only fair to come here.

There are quite a few contenders to be honest. Can't decide between McCartney II, or Press To Play. Though special mention must go to Pipes Of Peace, Wildlife, and McCartney (Maybe I'm Amazed and Every Night are brilliant, but the rest is pants),

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2007, 08:28:13 PM »

Quote from: 599
Maybe I'm just crazy though, because I love McCartney II AND Wildlife.

If you like McCartney 2 then you'll love his new one i think! :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2007, 08:36:27 PM »

I don't know why people don't like Wildlife, its not like every track is terrible. In my opinion none of the tracks are terrible.(I'm talking about the remastered version with 'Give Ireland Back To The Irish', 'Little Woman Love', 'Mary Had a Little Lamb', and 'Mama's Little Girl') I like all the songs even 'Mary Had a Little Lamb'. There are more rock songs on Wild Life than on Red Rose Speedway. Besides the production which is a little lacking I'd like to know why people think its bad(Especially from Raxo as it seems he doesn't like the album at all save for a few songs). I mean McCartney II is horrible and just not lisenable at all. Wild Life shouldn't even be compared to McCartney II.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2007, 08:56:20 PM »

Quote from: 614

If you like McCartney 2 then you'll love his new one i think! :)

Oh dear.

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2007, 09:04:02 PM »

Being a born and breed wings fan its hard for me to knock a wings album even though LONDON TOWN has`nt really aged well .
His 80s [oh how a hate that decades music] slipped down a very slippery slope  :'(
I got to for GIVE MY REGARDS TO BROADSTREET , Oh MACCA what was you thinking   :-/    
Wallflower Has Blossomed

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2007, 09:10:05 PM »

Quote from: 483

Oh dear.

er.. what i meant to say was ...  ;D :P

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2007, 11:44:40 PM »

Ram for this man. Just not to my tastes. It annoys me.

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2007, 11:48:54 PM »

To me Ram is probably his best, along with Tug Of War. It's fantastic. Yesterday I listened 3 times in a row.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

dirtyoldsod

• A Beginning
  • Sue me sue you
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2007, 03:16:31 AM »

Quote from: 403
I don't know why people don't like Wildlife, its not like every track is terrible. In my opinion none of the tracks are terrible.(I'm talking about the remastered version with 'Give Ireland Back To The Irish', 'Little Woman Love', 'Mary Had a Little Lamb', and 'Mama's Little Girl') I like all the songs even 'Mary Had a Little Lamb'. There are more rock songs on Wild Life than on Red Rose Speedway. Besides the production which is a little lacking I'd like to know why people think its bad(Especially from Raxo as it seems he doesn't like the album at all save for a few songs). I mean McCartney II is horrible and just not lisenable at all. Wild Life shouldn't even be compared to McCartney II.

I agree (with the majority anyways, I've always liked McCartney II). Wild Life has some great tunes..
To me it has a lot of catchy guitar and drum work, and that's why I like it. I don't understand how people can really hate that album.
I can understand the hatred for McCartney II, I admit that album's er.. questionable.. But it should not be compared to Wild Life
at all. Completely different albums. I too like all of the songs on Wild Life.
<br /><br /><br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2007, 06:15:54 AM »

Quote from: 614

er.. what i meant to say was ...  ;D :P

That's a relief! ;)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2007, 02:19:43 PM »

I like the Tug of War album but i don't think its his best, it has got some
great songs on it. Here Today, tug of war, take it away but i struggle when it gets to
ebony & ivory or Dress me up like a Robber. :-/ Its a much better album than Pipes of Peace though which is my least fav Macca album.

maninthequeue

• A Beginning
  • the love you take is equal to the love you make
    • Buzzjack.com
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2007, 08:37:49 PM »

I really quite like Pipes of Peace although you wont find me defending Hey Hey & Tug of Peace which kill the second half of the album stone dead.

His worst album is Give My Regards To a Bad Idea for a Movie, although dishonoury mentions must go to Pause To Stop & Drivel Rain. ;D

dcowboys107

• A Beginning
  • Surf's Up
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2008, 02:23:28 PM »

McCartney II wasn't really meant for release anyways. In an interview Paul just was recording stuff and a friend listented to it and asked him if it was his next album, in which Paul said it was just for fun.  The guy convinced him to release it and he did.  As you can tell by the interview, Paul isn't really big on the album and did it as a joke or something.  In someways you can consider it as the MMT, maybe not a real album.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »

wildlife probably its really hard to figure out how he could go from writing some of the best pop songs ever to writing such lame stuff within two years :/ it definitely shows that he needed the other guys to bounce ideas off of.

jjs

• A Beginning
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2008, 03:56:07 AM »

Quote from: 403
I don't know why people don't like Wildlife, its not like every track is terrible. In my opinion none of the tracks are terrible.

"Some People" might have been saved had it been about 3 minutes shorter. I once made an shorter edit of this song, and it worked much better. But, Bip Bop and Mumbo???? The rest of the tracks sound both lyrically and musically unfinished to me. Solo Paul always sounds unfinished to me to some degree... even when he's not rushing to finish in a week.

fercarv

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2008, 09:15:38 PM »

I might be in the minority here but I really enjoyed McCartney II and also Pipes Of Peace. (Actually Tug Of War and Pipes Of Peace are my favorite Macca Albums)

My vote would go for Press To Play, that's Macca at his worst IMO. I used to dislike Wild Life and Driving Rain too but I've grown to enjoy them now.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2008, 09:17:27 PM »

Wildlife

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2008, 01:06:39 AM »

Quote from: 1553
I might be in the minority here but I really enjoyed McCartney II and also Pipes Of Peace. (Actually Tug Of War and Pipes Of Peace are my favorite Macca Albums)

My vote would go for Press To Play, that's Macca at his worst IMO. I used to dislike Wild Life and Driving Rain too but I've grown to enjoy them now.

For the life of me, I just cant see how you or anybody can list anything below Macca 2 and Pipes. At least Press has more than a couple decent tunes on it.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2008, 03:37:21 AM »

Pipes of Peace. The title track is even more cringeworthy than "We All Stand Together" because it lacks the latter's (misplaced?) sense of humor; the collaborations with Michael Jackson are head-on collisions between two Peter Pans in full flight, and most of the rest sounds like Tug Of War leftovers that should have been left over longer ("So Bad" and "Keep Under Cover" excepted). A filler album released to get "product" out between Tug Of War and the Give My Regards To Broad Street film.

(barf4)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 1.352 seconds with 80 queries.