Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Which Beatle changed the most?  (Read 7935 times)

JimColyer

• A Beginning
  • I wrote Save The Planet.
    • Jim Colyer
Re: Which Beatle changed the most?
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 01:10:53 AM »

John changed so much, he almost became a different human being

The Beatles (John Lennon)
http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=61
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Tara_the_beatle_freak

• One And One Is Two
  • Wsup? I'm probably the most obsessive Beatle fan.
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 07:54:04 PM »

:-/ I hate to say it but, WHAT HAPPENED TO JOHN? One second, he's a loud, hilarious guy and the next, He's taking dugs! I'd have to say he changed the most. I mean, George DID start to get into that Hare Chrishna stuff, but he NEVER could've changed as much as John did.
:) GIVE PEACE A CHANCE PEOPLE!!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 07:58:11 PM »

Quote from: 483
After a lot of thought I've gone for George. John didn't hang around for long enough, and his contradictory - not to mention naive - nature (which I think GA mentioned?) has never sat well with me.

Ringo has always been the loveable bloke that he is; never pushing boundaries, but just getting on with things. To his credit Paul has been exceedingly prolific over the years, musically, going through a whole host of styles, but he's always seemed to remain pretty down to earth. They all changed greatly, as people do over time.

I'm not sure I agree with that one Djinn. Paul just copying beats? Expand a bit on that. And let's not forget that Paul was the one involved in the Avant Garde underground movement in London in the '60's long before John even knew what Avant Garde was!
i find it hard to agree with anything that guy says....and i don't mean the blue guy....

Winter

• One And One Is Two
  • Her Majesty The Queen
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 06:44:54 PM »

For me its George - all things about india intersets
But John change alot also - all things about PEACE and so on ...

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2007, 11:21:58 AM »

John. He had the Yoko factor :-/

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 04:49:14 PM »

Where are Georgiefans when you need them?! LOL!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2007, 07:40:37 AM »

Quote from: 9
Whether he was "clean" or not during the household years, he seems to have suffered from an addictive personality.  

I think if you'd locked Lennon in a room with Billy Graham he come out 2 hours later an evangelist. Though it might have taken a couple of weeks for Richard Nixon to become his best friend.

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 11:20:38 PM »

Hell yeah, we're trying to talk about things we have no idea about, the books only say what they say the reality is bound to be distorted. They all changed, for better and for worse. Show some respect for the dead, they had their faults as well as everyone.

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2007, 03:01:19 AM »

Quote from: 9
I voted for John, just because he went from being a professional live entertainer to a virtual recluse.  George didn't like to tour, either, I guess, so it's pretty close.  Paul and Ringo seemed to both like playing, then and now.  

In terms of spiritual life, it's hard to judge.  John seems to have dabbled while George definitely seemed to have progressed spiritually.  Paul seems to have lost the spirituality that sparked great songs like "Let it Be"--too much time spent worrying about his money-stash?  

I think drug and alcohol use has the worst effect on John on the long term.  Whether he was "clean" or not during the household years, he seems to have suffered from an addictive personality.  Needless to say, the harshness of his upbringing (loss of mother, missing father, Mimi) all seemed to have contributed to his dissolution.  "Double Fantasy"--while it has some nice music--is certainly not the voice of the man who wrote "Strawberry Fields Forever," "I am the Walrus," "In My Life" or even "Norwegian Wood."  It's like he was reverting back to the lyrics of the Beatles' early days.  "Beautiful Boy" is perhaps the exception and maybe "Watching the Wheels."  

John didn't have a long term. But he seemed to have reached a happy medium in his life and work, he was full of optimisim for the future when he died...

Paul, George and Ringo are able to retrospect on those years from a much further distance. The 60's were a very revolutionary time all over the World, even on the Moon. As have every decade before and since. Personally the 60's attracts me because it was all Love and Peace, and knowing that you can live Love and Peace. You can't stop the War on the street until you can understand to stop the War in your head. That's what I get anyway. The best music says that to me, alot of Hip-Hop is incredible because I can feel kindred to it and it's NOW. They all changed as much as each other.

komakino

• Getting Better
  • fly me to the moon
    • last.fm
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2007, 05:16:40 AM »

it's very interesting to read all those opinions. i never really thought about this...

but now i think it's john... if you can rate it like that. to me he always seemed like the most "extreme" character. fallen from one opinion into the other, very quick without being interested in what he said 2 months before. the very optimistic man, the drug addict, the love-and-peace-hippie and the angry rebel.... whatever, there were a lot of pretty extreme sides in him at the same time... always i think. not able to find a middle where he feels comfortable in for a longer time. so i don't think he changed too much, that was part of his personality i guess... always was.
george is different for me... he changed a lot too... but he seems more like a guy who found his direction. and stuck with it the rest of his life.... like he just searched for this change, found it and was happy with it. end of the story if you want to put it really simple. but in the end i think it's also something that has always been in him and he just found it... so you can call it change, sure... but i don't really think of it this way.
paul progressed in his life too of course, as has ringo (i guess) but for someone like me standing outside it doesn't seem as extreme as the other two.

it's way too early and i shouldn't spend my time thinking about this, i should get ready for work...   ;D
george george whoops george whoops george george george

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2007, 09:32:46 AM »

Paul changed the most he sprouted WINGS ,which i could do that  :D :D :D
Seriously i think he did he embraced his celebrity and although i would agree their where some naff patches he became a Star in his own right the singles albums and concerts are testement to that ,he was a global success through out the 70's and in to the early 80's.
And although John changed in his physical appearance he was still John a gifted cynic to the end .
Think Paul was much more open to change as he still wanted to play the game.

DaveRam :)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2007, 12:13:43 PM »

George developed his character and ideas thru that decade (60s) more than any of the others ... he was quite young (19 when they met Sir George) and only 26 when they recorded for the last time in 1970 ... but, in the middle, he grew up and "changed" a lot ... changed the most! Bless him!

Bungalow Bill

• A Beginning
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 01:02:18 AM »

I really feel George changed the most post beatles up to the time he passed away was a soul in motion really changing and growing.. John was such a vocal voice for change and although there were changes in his personal life and his lifestyle i never felt he changed that much.. and that's part of the appeal.. we all know and love John.. George was change and a lot harder to understand.
<br /><br />The All Knower of 1 Second Song Clips

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 09:14:19 PM »

John- he even admitted he changed, well "grew up" in Imagine: John Lennon.....

**I think though all The Beatles changed, it's kind of a part ofl life, I think George didn't really changed it was just a new interest "he" "himself" didn't seem to change much.....

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 12:41:00 AM »

Quote from: 610
I was thinking John-George-John-George-which-one? Coz I think they both did change quite a bit, or at least, more so than Paul and Ringo.

Me, too. Tough one, but I think I finally come down for George. The again, ask me tomorrow, and I might say John.

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 09:40:09 PM »

even though I'm all about Paul he just kinda evolved his style he never really changed. I think Ringo changed more than he did. But George serisously did and John just got stoned more often.

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
  • Staple it toghether, we'll call it bad weather
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »

i don't like ringo's neww song about liverpool. he looked better with his beatles hair cut.
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »

Quote from: 1213
i don't like ringo's neww song about liverpool. he looked better with his beatles hair cut.

You don't like his song because you don't like his hair?

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
  • Staple it toghether, we'll call it bad weather
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008, 10:52:24 PM »

NO!!! i just don't really like that song OR his hair. it was better as a beatle
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 02:54:24 AM »

Definitely George. He went from a pretty good guitar player and mediocre songwriter to a very skilled musician and great songwriter.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 85 queries.