Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A New Love  (Read 7502 times)

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
Re: A New Love
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2008, 12:02:33 AM »

Yep.............Linda was his one true love.  They were married for years..........never, EVER read bad press on them cheating with anyone else.  True love.
And a pre-nup is "manditory" in my book these days.  My hubby signed one when we got married to protect my family's assets..........and he didn't mind one bit.  And we've been married happily, joyfully for over 17 years...........no problems.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2008, 01:04:52 AM »

Quote from: 218
Besides, he'd get criticized for getting one at the time even more than he is now being criticized for not getting one.

Exactly right, I think.  :)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2008, 01:34:32 AM »

When you have that much money and they other person pretty much has nothing... I think a pre-nup just goes without saying.  (that's just me, and I would be the one who had nothing so...).

I think everyone deserves to be happy and have a companion.  Even Paul.  I hope he can find someone to enjoy the rest of his life with.
<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2008, 02:11:50 AM »

My husband is my "soul mate", my "other half", my "best friend".  And Jeff's so easy going, he didn't mind to sign one.  He told me he doesn't want to know about the money, where it comes from, and where I get it from.  So we have a very, very happy marriage.  I handle all money matters, the check book, cd's and investments at the bank.  He just brings home a 400+ a week paycheck and I handle everything else.  I don't work.  I don't have to.  I have got to take care of my elderly parents and our autistic son.  

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2008, 02:27:11 AM »

Quote from: 1255
My husband is my "soul mate", my "other half", my "best friend".  And Jeff's so easy going, he didn't mind to sign one.  He told me he doesn't want to know about the money, where it comes from, and where I get it from.  So we have a very, very happy marriage.  I handle all money matters, the check book, cd's and investments at the bank.  He just brings home a 400+ a week paycheck and I handle everything else.  I don't work.  I don't have to.  I have got to take care of my elderly parents and our autistic son.  

That's very nice to hear that you and your husband are so happy together :)
As for your son being autistic, I know how hard that can be. That is wonderful that you can stay home with him and also with your elderly parents.  It is always better to have family take care of family.

As for Paul, if he ever remarries, I would hope that he is smart enough to have a pre-nup and that whoever he marries would be ok with signing one.  Especially after what he has been through.  I am sure he didn't sign one with Heather becuase he assumed they would be together forever.  
<br />

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2008, 06:03:09 PM »

To my mind, the prettiest of his women, i mean in appearance, was Jane then Heather, then Linda and finally Nancy, who is not pretty at all, just plain-looking. Paul and Linda were friends with Nancy and her husband, a rich lawyer, in the old days. So Paul has known Nancy for quite a while. It wasn`t love at first sight, besides he didn`t marry her after Linda`s death, though he knew her. He married Heather. And now Nancy as if regretting not taking her chance 5-6 years ago is rushing to catch him, she even announced that she is going to divorce her husband. I dont believe her.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2008, 07:37:10 PM »

Quote from: 1204

That's very nice to hear that you and your husband are so happy together :)
As for your son being autistic, I know how hard that can be. That is wonderful that you can stay home with him and also with your elderly parents.  It is always better to have family take care of family.

As for Paul, if he ever remarries, I would hope that he is smart enough to have a pre-nup and that whoever he marries would be ok with signing one.  Especially after what he has been through.  I am sure he didn't sign one with Heather becuase he assumed they would be together forever.  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thanks Heather.  But it's really hard trying to juggle all of this around.  I quit working back in 2001 to take our son to his therpies and such, and then dad started going down hill really quick with his health.  I guess I do have a full time job.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2008, 08:38:10 PM »

Quote from: 1255
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thanks Heather.  But it's really hard trying to juggle all of this around.  I quit working back in 2001 to take our son to his therpies and such, and then dad started going down hill really quick with his health.  I guess I do have a full time job.

Being a mother is more than a fulltime job.  A full time job is 40 hours a week.  A mother is all day everyday.

<br />

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2008, 03:21:53 PM »

Sorry aspinall_lover, I wasn't trying to insult you. It's just my personal feelings in the subject, y'know? But other people can do what they like.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »

Quote from: 1204

Being a mother is more than a fulltime job.  A full time job is 40 hours a week.  A mother is all day everyday.

yeah dads have it easy huh?don't paullygize mairi regrets are for the weak....

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2008, 09:36:43 PM »

Same goes for Dads!  They have to be fulltime parents too  :)
<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2008, 11:04:02 PM »

Alright...........all in all.........no hard feelings.  We are all just voicing our opinions....

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2008, 11:08:24 PM »

true that...peace be our shared ability this fine evening.....and don't be silent lest the bus runneth tho over.....

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »

^^^^Ha, ha, ha!!!!!!  Pretty funny there.............LOL!!!!

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2008, 11:22:43 PM »

Can't we all just get a bong  8)

Words to live by  ;D
<br />
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 65 queries.