Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: Memory Almost Full  (Read 27096 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Memory Almost Full
« Reply #540 on: December 02, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »

I bought the new version yesterday and it sounds the same to my ears , in the notes there is nothing to say it's been remasterd .
Only thing thats different as far as i can see is the bonus tracks are all on the same CD . Oh and you get a cut-out stencil to make your own chair ( what a waste of bloody time  :P )
The DVD is good though i enjoyed that :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #541 on: December 02, 2007, 06:57:13 PM »

Quote from: 971
I bought the new version yesterday and it sounds the same to my ears , in the notes there is nothing to say it's been remasterd .
Only thing thats different as far as i can see is the bonus tracks are all on the same CD . Oh and you get a cut-out stencil to make your own chair ( what a waste of bloody time  :P )

Sure. Nothing special. Let's hope you don't lose your eyes after seeing so much pink on that cover.  ;D
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

nothing_is_real

• A Beginning
« Reply #542 on: December 02, 2007, 11:33:04 PM »

As I'm not really interested in the DVD (there's always Youtube) I guess I will be passing on the Deluxe MAF. Ita appears that those on the official PM forum have concluded, along with DaveRam, that no remastering has been done, unfortunately. Thanks for the feedback.

And God knows I could barely hold back my excitement to stencil out my own MAF chair. Thanks Macca!!  ::)

<br /><br />

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #543 on: December 03, 2007, 11:50:32 AM »

It is a rip-off , nothing_is_real yet another bit of  " TAT " ive bought to gather dust . The Stencil is really taking the P-I-S-S , i won't forgive you for that Paul it's know way to treat your fans  >:(

BlueMeanie

« Reply #544 on: December 03, 2007, 12:36:32 PM »

It is a rip-off , nothing_is_real yet another bit of  " TAT " ive bought to gather dust . The Stencil is really taking the P-I-S-S , i won't forgive you for that Paul it's know way to treat your fans  >:(

It's just another marketing ploy. And the reason it's come so quickly after the original release is Xmas. I dare say our Paulie would say that it's for people who don't already own MAF, but deep down (?) he knows it's extra sales because some people will duplicate.

This kind of thing has been happening for years, but now it's gaining in popularity due to the fall in record sales. I say anyone who has ever downloaded a song and not paid for it has no right to complain. (Not suggesting anyone here would do such a thing!). Very often the extra discs aren't really worth the purchase - you play them once and put them away for good. I only ever buy them if it's one of my very favourite artists.

The trend really started with releasing 'Greatest Hits' packages, and including one or two new songs so that fans would be compelled to buy, just for those songs. Of course, we can date this back to The Beatles 'A Collection Of Oldies...But Goldies' can't we. So who do you want to blame?

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #545 on: December 03, 2007, 03:03:47 PM »

I say we blame the Beatles! They obviously started it, those little trailblazers! *chucks them affectionately on the chin*

BM, I just noticed your kidnap-note sig. Brilliant! You made my morning. *blows you a kiss*
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #546 on: December 04, 2007, 04:05:27 PM »

How has it been remastered??? :o
do we get an extra lost verse on some songs or something? :-/

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

nothing_is_real

• A Beginning
« Reply #547 on: December 04, 2007, 06:18:16 PM »

Quote from: 614
How has it been remastered??? :o
do we get an extra lost verse on some songs or something? :-/

No, it hasn't been remastered as originally thought.

Some fans have been complaining about the sound quality of MAF. I, too, notice some clipping from the high compression on certain songs (like House of Wax), and the piano sounds a bit flimsy. I am not extremely bothered by it, in fact I probably wouldn't have noticed had someone else not mentioned it to me, but apparently many people (like on the official PM board) are completely tormented by it and have trashed the album.

So there was hope that it may have been cleaned up and sharpened a little in the remastering.
<br /><br />

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #548 on: December 05, 2007, 03:31:59 PM »

Im making MAF stencil xmas cards im having hours of fun with this stencil , ive made chairs in all colours of the rainbow   ;D

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #549 on: February 02, 2008, 01:46:42 PM »

Memory Almost Full as offically gone Platinum in the states with a million copies sold , thats according to a news statement on his site :)
Well done Paul  :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #550 on: February 02, 2008, 09:50:43 PM »

Memory Almost Full as offically gone Platinum in the states with a million copies sold , thats according to a news statement on his site :)
Well done Paul  :)

Really!? Great! His first platinum studio album since Pipes Of Peace! And during such a terrible era for album sales! This is really good news!  :)
Well, at least that awful special edition must helped the album a little, right?  ;D
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #551 on: February 02, 2008, 10:37:25 PM »

i can't be bothered to buy the new edition, seems a waste to me.  :-/

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #552 on: February 02, 2008, 11:22:51 PM »

Quote from: 614
i can't be bothered to buy the new edition, seems a waste to me.  :-/

I agree. Howmany versions of this album has Paul released. Three for certain, but there might be more.

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #553 on: February 11, 2008, 07:54:43 AM »

No Grammies for Beatle paul again this year. Paul was nominated for 3 Awards, and won none.  >:(

BlueMeanie

« Reply #554 on: February 11, 2008, 09:49:42 AM »

Quote from: 713
No Grammies for Beatle paul again this year. Paul was nominated for 3 Awards, and won none.  >:(

Really not surprised. Maybe they didn't know which version of the album they were meant to honour?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #555 on: February 11, 2008, 01:58:21 PM »

OK, so I heard this album for the first time, Saturday night, and was very pleasantly surprised. So my question is, do I need the Deluxe version? Or should I just get the ordinary one for half the price?

Bobber

« Reply #556 on: February 11, 2008, 02:39:31 PM »

The ordinary one is good enough. You'll miss the bonus songs, but you can do without those.

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #557 on: February 18, 2008, 09:38:12 PM »

Exactly. That's the main mistake of this re-release. If you want to release an album again, the new material has to make the issue must-buying. Usher's Confesisons or Mariah Carey's The Emancipation Of Mimi followed that politic and their re-release edition were hug hits, Billboard Top 5 smashes.
And what about Memory Almost Full? It re-charted for only 1 week after its re-release. What a shame...   :)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #558 on: February 20, 2008, 03:33:35 AM »

The deluxe edition also has a dvd if I remember correctly.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #559 on: February 20, 2008, 03:41:58 AM »

Quote from: 63
The ordinary one is good enough. You'll miss the bonus songs, but you can do without those.

and they are...?

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Page created in 1.14 seconds with 88 queries.