« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 08:51:59 AM »

Oi I'm a teenager and I'm not guilty.

Oh alright then. :P

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
Re: UK
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 06:50:51 PM »

Ok i get it, its the people who are going on holiday are at fault that british troops are in iraq, i dont drive a car so i`d better stay in at night , to avoid being stabbed, and in december have nice holiday but dont mention the c word .
Wallflower Has Blossomed

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 06:58:17 PM »

Baby you got it.

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 07:14:15 PM »

And theres me thinking that my farther fighting in the second world war was all pointless  :-/
Wallflower Has Blossomed

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 07:18:28 PM »

Yes your Father fought for freedom, and what do we do with our freedom? Anything we bloody like.

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 07:33:28 PM »

:D
Except go on holiday without being scared sh*tless that a terroist in your own back yard can cause havoc , looking like ive got to be at the airport 4 hours before my flight , anyone else flying out of the u.k. this month ?
Wallflower Has Blossomed

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 07:38:35 PM »

I can see by your grin that you're trembling within, it's all over town, cheer down.  :D

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 07:50:09 PM »

Oh... only me then  ::)
I`d would have just to liked to share my fear   ??)
On a lighter note ,in the papers today the weather people say  that we are only going to get one day of sunshine this summer , 15th july  and thats it  :'(
Wallflower Has Blossomed

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 08:03:23 PM »

September will be boiling.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2007, 08:53:55 AM »

Quote from: 449
Ok i get it, its the people who are going on holiday are at fault that british troops are in iraq,

Yes they are. We live in a democracy remember? "For the people, by the people etc." The very principle for which we supposedly invaded Iraq - so that the people, not some despot, could run their own lives.
We've had an election, we could have said "no more", but it seems holiday homes in Spain are more important than a few hundred thousand dead Iraqi's. We chose to fight a war. Why should our civilians be any more immune to its horrors than theirs. We committed an unprovoked act of aggression against a soverign state against the wishes of the UN. We have no morale highground whatsoever.
Our fathers generation had no compunction in willfully slaughtering hundreds of thousands of civilians in order to achieve a poltical objective. The extremists are not unique in this.
We reap the whirlwind.
don't follow leaders

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 03:35:36 PM »

So if  a scumbag comes at me in the airport with a bomb strapped to him , i`ll shout "not me mate i dont vote "
Wallflower Has Blossomed

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 03:59:18 PM »

So if  a scumbag comes at me in the airport with a bomb strapped to him , i`ll shout "not me mate i dont vote "

I knew you would say that.
 The RAF didn't make sure Germans were card carrying Nazi's before they incinerated them. Were they crazed murderous fanatics?
Also - in a democracy we accept the notion of collective responsibilty. You can't say "I didn't vote for the party so it's nothing to do with me" anymore than the party can say "you didn't vote for us so you can't use our hospitals/police etc."
I don't condone what has happened. I don't condone what our army is doing in Iraq. But we chose to fight this war. We chose to be agressors. We aren't the good guys anymore.
And please remember that I was responding to your comment that they want to kill us because their religion teaches them to hate all other religions. That's simply just not the case. We cannot divorce the current situation from our actions.
don't follow leaders

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 04:21:05 PM »

When you see little iraqie kids shooting guns in the streets , i get the impression that they have been brainwashed into hateing All westeners , and they send the kids over here , get a good education , and then set out to bite the hand that feeds them .
Im not or everbeen a racist , but what the hell is going on , this country is proberly the most multi cultured in the world
i`ve never harmed any of them , i just dont think that there religion is stable
Chopping someones head off then putting it on the internet , isnt  cricket is it .  
Wallflower Has Blossomed

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 04:22:31 PM »

I don't recall choosing to fight any war.

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 04:27:18 PM »

Same here, i just sick of it all  is it ever going to end , take the troops out of iraq , and will it all stop no , not a hope in hell.
Wallflower Has Blossomed

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »

War is Human nature. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery no one but ourselves can free our minds...

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2007, 04:46:06 PM »

Same here, i just sick of it all  is it ever going to end , take the troops out of iraq , and will it all stop no , not a hope in hell.

How do you know that? We had no trouble with muslims before we invaded Iraq. Before that it was unstable christians trying kill us.
We proudly tell these "brainwashed fanatics" that we live in a democracy - that our government acts upon the will of the people. Bloody hell, we're over there now - trying to enforce this type of government upon them with a gun.Now you're trying to tell me our Governments actions are nothing to do with us?

I will stop now. I repeat I do not condone any killing of civilians. Sometimes in war it may even be a regettable neccessity. But we are not blameless. We as a nation could have stopped this war but chose not to. It is no wonder that some hate us.
don't follow leaders

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2007, 04:47:08 PM »

ive come to the conclusion that all western religion does is spread hate, fear and the idea of dominance. make yourself a better human being through doing something to help your fellow man, dont loathe him for what he believes.

war and our religions go hand in hand, get rid of one and the other may be less frequent (neither will truly disappear), but then again, im just a dreamer.

although you all could probably name off at least a dozen or so conflicts in the past 500 years that were all fought over clashing religion.

Ireland civil war between catholics and protestants
any conflict that Israel has fought since its founding
wars fought during the protestant reformation
3 crusades against islam
islamic civil war that split islam (equivalent to protestant reformation)
Bosnia
many of the ethnic cleansing issues in africa are clashes between muslim and christians (such as the current situation in Darfur)

religion is a powerful and deadly influence on people. it has the ability to make people do things they wouldnt normally do because they believe they will reach salvation. it is a shameful thing to see so much hatred between people of similar religions that they would willingly give up their lives and hurt others they believe to be non-believers. humans thrive on stupidity appearently
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2007, 04:50:49 PM »

Quote from: 185

How do you know that? We had no trouble with muslims before we invaded Iraq. Before that it was unstable christians trying kill us.
We proudly tell these "brainwashed fanatics" that we live in a democracy - that our government acts upon the will of the people. Bloody hell, we're over there now - trying to enforce this type of government upon them with a gun.Now you're trying to tell me our Governments actions are nothing to do with us?

I will stop now. I repeat I do not condone any killing of civilians. Sometimes in war it may even be a regettable neccessity. But we are not blameless. We as a nation could have stopped this war but chose not to. It is no wonder that some hate us.

mm, some democracy...doesnt help that our president is completely corrupt and that our vice president is really running the country, how else did his top aide get a get outta jail free card
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2007, 05:13:49 PM »

I made some more posts but deleted them . enough.
Peace and love to you all. (and for the record if I got near a potential  bomber I would, like every good citizen, kick the living cr*p out of them.)
don't follow leaders
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.719 seconds with 78 queries.