Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: who was generally seen as the popular beatle ?  (Read 3593 times)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
Re: who was generally seen as the popular beatle ?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 11:50:18 PM »

It's pretty hard to tell. I've read a lot that Paul was, because he's cute and charming and likes to put on a show. Like in the authorized biography, Ringo says that if fans of each Beatle lined up behind him, Paul would have the longest line. And at the end of the Anthology book, John says that Paul was the epitomy of what the Beatles were, and says that he was always more popular with the kids and the girls. It's sometimes hard to judge it on the opinions of teenage girls, because they just love him for his looks. But, Paul does have a lot of fans, still even today, that love him. Male, female, old and young.

It also seems like if you asked a non-fan to name a member of the Beatles, they would probably answer John Lennon, but maybe some would say Paul too. I asked a friend of mine if she knew any, and she said "I know that Paul dude". Before I was a fan, I probably would've said John if I was asked.

But George, as I'm discovering, does have his share. I found on a website somewhere a bunch of letters written to the Beatles in the '60s, and a lot were written to George. And Ringo, of course, got the most fan mail at one point. Also, on the Ed Sullivan shows, when each Beatle's name was mentioned, they all got about an equal amount of screams.

But, you can't base it on screams and who teenage girls think is the cutest. I think that John and Paul probably are the most popular, they wrote most of the songs and are just the most well-known and had the most successful solo careers. They probably tie, I think.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 01:56:03 AM »

Which was the most popular Rutle?  Certainly not Ron Nasty.  

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 03:10:54 AM »

I'd go for Stig. I like the skinny, silent type. :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 41 queries.