Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: If the Beatles reunited in 1975 for a concert....  (Read 17116 times)

Bobber

Re: If the Beatles reunited in 1975 for a concert....
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2008, 11:44:32 AM »

Beam me up Scotty.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2008, 11:49:33 AM »

Scotch me up beamy!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2008, 12:02:51 PM »

Bobber! It won`t help! I like BlueMeanie more!  ;)  :)  ;D

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2008, 07:35:24 AM »

So, anything good happen in my absence? Oh...

Kevin and Blue Meanie -- I was never talking to you in my posts.  It's curious that you take so much offense when I've never paid one iota of attention to what you've said.  I never addressed you.  Get over it.  I never accused you of hating John Lennon.  But after your subsequent posts, now I'm not so sure.

Why choose sides?  Sure, we all have a favorite Beatle, but it's not like a Yankees vs Red Sox, Raiders vs Broncos type of thing.  They weren't really enemies, and they weren't really competitors.  You don't have to choose one camp and hate the 'opposition.'  Why not accept them both, and forsake the insults?

Is that too much to ask?

I have a feeling it probably is.

Bobber

« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2008, 08:07:20 AM »

Quote from: 1333
I have a feeling it probably is.

Get over it.  :)

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2008, 08:11:33 AM »

Quit hating, Bobber.  

Put on a Beatles album and feel the joy again.  The joy you've apparently lost.

(Get over what exactly, by the way?)

Bobber

« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2008, 08:23:55 AM »

Ah, you missed the smilie. Get over the negative feeling. The rest of us already has.

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2008, 09:21:54 AM »

Okay, now I see the smilie -- but he doesn't look like he's exactly smiling.

It's more like a 'smirkie.'

And I have no negative feelings towards the Beatles.  But I'm surprised that so many posters on these forums do.

I joined this site about 2 months ago and noticed that, unlike other internet forums, everyone seemed to share the same opinion about the main subject -- the Beatles.  (In fact, sometimes it was annoying how everyone was so communal about the band.... though I couldn't disagree, I'm a Beatles fan too.)  But with a little more exploration, that was obviously not the case.  There's a LOT of pettiness, I think tinged with envy and jealousy, towards whatever Beatle is 'not my favorite.'  

I don't share those negative feelings; I'm a Beatles fan.  They're all good to me.

Bobber

« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2008, 09:50:19 AM »

Fine.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2008, 01:47:40 PM »

:)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

duane v

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2008, 01:08:44 AM »

my set....

Do it in the Road
Tell Me Why
Taxman
Dont Pass Me By
Revolution
Getting Better
Dear Prudence
We Can Work it out
I'm only Sleeping
Day Tripper

intermission

Two of Us
Helter Skelter
Nowhere Man
I Me Mine
Octopuses Garden
And I love Her
Come Together
Hey Jude

intermission

Her Comes the Sun
Everybody Got Something to hide (except for me and my monkey)
Cant buy me Love
I'll be back
Something
Oh Darling
Lady Madonna
Day in the Life
The End

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2008, 07:03:30 AM »

Interesting set.... perhaps a little too heavy with songs from the White Album and afterwards though.

When I imagine a Beatles reunion concert/tour -- if fate had been different and they would be doing it in the present day -- I envision a sellout crowd of 50,000 or more at a fever pitch; maybe the openers were giants such as Elton John, Billy Joel or Stevie Wonder.  The lights go out, and the crowd explodes.... and for several anticipitory moments, we all wait, screaming, on our feet, knowing the promised moment is at hand.  Finally the nerve-shattering tension is broken with the opening chords of Twist and Shout -- at that moment the stage lights turn on and we see our four idols rip through this song, we even hear it too!  And that's followed up by three or four uptempo numbers, maybe I Saw Her Standing There, A Hard Day's Night, I Feel Fine and Help!  The Beatles stop playing for a moment, allowing the audience to catch a breather.  For the first time, one of them (most likely Paul) speaks to the audience, drawing more ear-shattering screams from the crowd which is literally aged 8 to 80.  At this point Paul sings Yesterday, and the audience obediently gets quiet -- except for the fact that they're singing along with him.  This is now the 'mellow' part of the show, and after Paul finishes Yesterday, John steps to the mike, greeted by an extended ovation, and he greets the crowd.  George shows up onstage with a sitar and they play Norwegian Wood, followed by Within You Without You, which provides John, Paul and probably Ringo with a break.  George greets the crowd to more ovations; his sitar is replaced by an acoustic guitar and he plays the first notes of Here Comes the Sun.  The crowd is orgasmic now, singing with every note.  This is the 'George' part of the show.  Something is next, followed by a medley of Taxman, Piggies, Long Long Long, and While My Guitar Gently Weeps -- complete with ERIC CLAPTON WALKING ONSTAGE AND PLAYING THE SOLO!  Then the intermission.

After a healthy break, the Beatles open up the second half of the show with a Ringo showcase -- Yellow Submarine, followed by Ringo interaction with the audience, followed by Don't Pass Me By and Octopus's Garden.  Then John takes the mike again, says some characteristically witty things (but the audience knows the show is getting serious again, after the Ringo interlude), and for the first time, the Beatles perform I Am the Walrus live.  Complete with the sound effects.  Walrus segues perfectly into the opening notes of All You Need is Love, which has the entire crowd of over 50 thousand singing along, crying and lighting candles.   During the ovation, John takes the piano and starts playing the opening notes of Imagine, which draw a monstrous response from the ravenous crowd.  John leaves the stage after Imagine, figuring that Paul wants equal time from his solo catalogue.  Paul does -- but he starts his new set with a good old-fashioned rocker, I'm Down, followed by Eleanor Rigby and We Can Work it Out.  Then he asks John, George and Ringo if they can play his next song -- they give him a tentative yes -- Band On the Run.  The Beatles deliver it.  But part of the deal, unbeknownst to the massive crowd, is that George gets another song in there.  So the next song is My Sweet Lord, which everyone in the crowd is singing along to.  

Now it's the home stretch.  There's another John medley -- Strawberry Fields, followed by a She Said-She Said/Tomorrow Never Knows medley (with sound effects!), then Paul struts onstage with Why Don't We Do It In the Road.... then Blackbird, and Get Back (another huge ovation from all of us).  Followed by Let it Be.... with the crowd singing along, and George going crazy with the guitar solo.  And then.... Because.  And You Never Give Me Your Money.  And Sun King.  And.... you know the rest.  The end of side 2 of Abbey Road.  With John, Paul and George doing a 'Battle of the Guitars' onstage.  Ending with The End.

But not ending:  the lights are out.  The Beatles have left the stage.  But the lights in the stadium have not been turned on yet.  The Beatles come back on stage.  The crowd continues to spew its worship.  Hey Jude.  EVERYBODY is singing along.  The band steps offstage again.  But the lights haven't been turned on, so everybody figures that they're coming back FOR ONE MORE SONG!  And the Beatles are.  We hear the familiar strains of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.... followed by Billy Shears (Ringo) singing I Get By With a Little Help With My Friends.... which segues into A Day In The Life.

And then the show is over.

Joe

• A Beginning
    • The Beatles Bible
« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2008, 11:14:53 AM »

Guys - just to warn you (particularly the moderators), I just accessed this thread via the Google Chrome browser. I clicked on the all-pages link, rather than read it page-by-page, and got the following interstitial message:
Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at www.dmbeatles.com contains elements from the site fwt.txdnl.com, which appears to host malware
http://www.beatlesbible.com - come and say hi, and PM me any suggestions. It's a work in progress but you'll get the idea...

BlueMeanie

« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2008, 11:29:34 AM »

Thanks for the warning Joe. I'll pass it on to Dmitry.

Bobber

« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2008, 11:38:12 AM »

Sorry to jump in, but Dmitry is on holidays.

It is not certain that ManBeatles avatar IS malware, just that the site where the pic itself is hosted, also hosts malware. But to make things certain, I have deleted ManBeatles avatar and replaced it by a heart. Of course, I have informed ManBeatles about this. All looks clear to me now.  :)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2008, 02:36:08 PM »

What did his avatar look like? Was it cool?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

BlueMeanie

« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2008, 03:09:19 PM »

I checked it out, I think it was some kind of animated Abbey Road thing. Did you dump his sigs as well Cor?

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2008, 03:39:36 PM »

Quote from: 483
I checked it out, I think it was some kind of animated Abbey Road thing. Did you dump his sigs as well Cor?

Oh yeah, I remember legs actually moving as they walk across the xebra crossing. It was pretty cool!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

DoBotherMe

• A Beginning
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2008, 10:16:38 PM »

Mr. Mustard ... such a vivid and exciting reverie ... perfect! Dana ; )

When I imagine a Beatles reunion concert/tour -- if fate had been different and they would be doing it in the present day -- I envision a sellout crowd of 50,000 or more at a fever pitch; maybe the openers were giants such as Elton John, Billy Joel or Stevie Wonder.  The lights go out, and the crowd explodes.... and for several anticipitory moments, we all wait, screaming, on our feet, knowing the promised moment is at hand.  Finally the nerve-shattering tension is broken with the opening chords of Twist and Shout -- at that moment the stage lights turn on and we see our four idols rip through this song, we even hear it too!  And that's followed up by three or four uptempo numbers, maybe I Saw Her Standing There, A Hard Day's Night, I Feel Fine and Help!  The Beatles stop playing for a moment, allowing the audience to catch a breather.  For the first time, one of them (most likely Paul) speaks to the audience, drawing more ear-shattering screams from the crowd which is literally aged 8 to 80.  At this point Paul sings Yesterday, and the audience obediently gets quiet -- except for the fact that they're singing along with him.  This is now the 'mellow' part of the show, and after Paul finishes Yesterday, John steps to the mike, greeted by an extended ovation, and he greets the crowd.  George shows up onstage with a sitar and they play Norwegian Wood, followed by Within You Without You, which provides John, Paul and probably Ringo with a break.  George greets the crowd to more ovations; his sitar is replaced by an acoustic guitar and he plays the first notes of Here Comes the Sun.  The crowd is orgasmic now, singing with every note.  This is the 'George' part of the show.  Something is next, followed by a medley of Taxman, Piggies, Long Long Long, and While My Guitar Gently Weeps -- complete with ERIC CLAPTON WALKING ONSTAGE AND PLAYING THE SOLO!  Then the intermission.

After a healthy break, the Beatles open up the second half of the show with a Ringo showcase -- Yellow Submarine, followed by Ringo interaction with the audience, followed by Don't Pass Me By and Octopus's Garden.  Then John takes the mike again, says some characteristically witty things (but the audience knows the show is getting serious again, after the Ringo interlude), and for the first time, the Beatles perform I Am the Walrus live.  Complete with the sound effects.  Walrus segues perfectly into the opening notes of All You Need is Love, which has the entire crowd of over 50 thousand singing along, crying and lighting candles.   During the ovation, John takes the piano and starts playing the opening notes of Imagine, which draw a monstrous response from the ravenous crowd.  John leaves the stage after Imagine, figuring that Paul wants equal time from his solo catalogue.  Paul does -- but he starts his new set with a good old-fashioned rocker, I'm Down, followed by Eleanor Rigby and We Can Work it Out.  Then he asks John, George and Ringo if they can play his next song -- they give him a tentative yes -- Band On the Run.  The Beatles deliver it.  But part of the deal, unbeknownst to the massive crowd, is that George gets another song in there.  So the next song is My Sweet Lord, which everyone in the crowd is singing along to.  

Now it's the home stretch.  There's another John medley -- Strawberry Fields, followed by a She Said-She Said/Tomorrow Never Knows medley (with sound effects!), then Paul struts onstage with Why Don't We Do It In the Road.... then Blackbird, and Get Back (another huge ovation from all of us).  Followed by Let it Be.... with the crowd singing along, and George going crazy with the guitar solo.  And then.... Because.  And You Never Give Me Your Money.  And Sun King.  And.... you know the rest.  The end of side 2 of Abbey Road.  With John, Paul and George doing a 'Battle of the Guitars' onstage.  Ending with The End.

But not ending:  the lights are out.  The Beatles have left the stage.  But the lights in the stadium have not been turned on yet.  The Beatles come back on stage.  The crowd continues to spew its worship.  Hey Jude.  EVERYBODY is singing along.  The band steps offstage again.  But the lights haven't been turned on, so everybody figures that they're coming back FOR ONE MORE SONG!  And the Beatles are.  We hear the familiar strains of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.... followed by Billy Shears (Ringo) singing I Get By With a Little Help With My Friends.... which segues into A Day In The Life.

And then the show is over.

« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2009, 03:11:32 PM »

jjs, it's obvious that you have an axe to grind with John Lennon.  You make up all kinds of suppositions about his personal life that apparently only you, and no one else, is aware of.  (And if your source is Albert Goldman, then your 'knowledge' about John's personal life is a lot of poopy.  Do you ever even cite your "sources?")

Paul McCartney managed his money well --  but not well enough to DRAW UP A PRENUP!!

Paul didn't manage his money well at all.  But he's been so super-successful and talented that it didn't matter.  He can go through the disaster that was Apple, pay tens of millions of dollars to Pegleg, and to him it's like throwing an armchair off a cruise ship.  He didn't really feel it.  That doesn't make him a great money manager.  It just reinforces how successful he's been with the Beatles and afterwards.

Why do you hate John Lennon so much, j?  

Envy?
Paul McCartney is British and lives in Britain.
Pre-Nuptial Agreements anre not valid or considered a legal document in Britain.
Therefore by doing so he would have WASTED his money.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 3.518 seconds with 80 queries.