Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Died  (Read 13392 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Died
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2004, 01:56:33 AM »

Not shocked but very sad. The time that it happened was also strange because it wasn't that long after 9/11 and I was still in shock from that. I think it would have been a bigger thing if that had not happened 2 months earlier.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Janice

• A Beginning
  • Hey, it's a thingy! A fiendish thingy!
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2004, 06:42:17 AM »

I was somewhat shocked and sad, but not to the point where I wanted to cry or anything. At that time, I wasn't as into George as I am now--I knew hardly any of his solo stuff (which I'm still just starting to get into) and I only knew him as a Beatle. Watching Concert for George made me begin to realize how great of a musician he was, and I'm more sad about his passing now than I was when he actually died. I still have the Chicago Tribune articles they wrote about him when he died... very glad I kept those.
"I see the sun again, I ain't ever lookin' back,
All the dreams are comin' true as I think of you,
Now there's nothing in the way to stop me heading for the light."

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2004, 12:33:53 PM »

i remember the day john died, like people remember where they were when kennedy died, i woke up and my mom told me on the phone...i was 21...i made it to work then had to leave, spent all day listening to the radio...i have at least 50 magazines from across the world of the trajedy.....when george died it was totally different, no shock at all, just kinda thought, oh well...he was ill for awhile...hmmm,     then a couple days later, i was listening to some beatles and then george and then it hit me....like a truck, the sadness, in a most selfish way, hit me...i was old, the beatles soul and spirit had died, paul and ringo were the fun...but john and george were the depth....the deep had become shallow, the world seemed a little different.   it really was like losing a friend, i thought about how he wrote "all those years ago" for john....and if john coulda written something for him, what he would have said.....i'm sure the two of them are cutting jokes up there as we speak. ........we still have the music!
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

hobbity_walrus9

• A Beginning
  • Nothing's gonna change my world
    • Elostirion
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2004, 12:39:56 AM »

I wasn't even born when Joh died, but I still grief over it in December. I was...negative-20-years-3-months-and-10-days....
 I was only 11 years old when George died and it really hit me hard, I completely changed personalities and I stopped being so outgoing and now I'm just so quiet and reserved, and my grades in school always go down in November. I agree with what was said before...and everytime I hear American Pie by DonMclean and hear that part of the song it makes me think...and yer right, as long as the music is still with us...I keep thinking they're all still alive, like they are living forever or something like immortal gods :)

Lucy In The Sky

• Getting Better
  • All You Need Is Love
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2004, 04:48:23 AM »

I knew he died but I wasn't a fan. Now I wish I was as it was such a sad event. When they all pass away I know that my days after that will be very sad ones.

I want to meet Ringo and Paul before they die.

Fan: Will You Sing Us A Song?
John, Paul, George and Ringo: NO!

Q: I Was Wondering If You Think American Girls Are Fickle?
Ringo: All Girls Are Fickle.[/c

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2004, 05:28:05 AM »

I was just watching the Concert for George again yesterday and when Ringo and Paul come out I just cannot help breaking into tears. It's SO sad. I just keep thinking about what it would be like if they were all still with us. I took if for granted when they were all still here I guess. Just always prayed for a reunion and stuff. Wish I would have been old enough to take the train to NY and meet John. I don't even think I knew he lived there at the time though!! If I did I would have begged my mother every day to take me!!!

Lucy In The Sky

• Getting Better
  • All You Need Is Love
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2004, 05:52:07 AM »

I haven't seen it. I want to, it would make me cry.

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2004, 11:47:10 AM »

It was very strange, beacuse I remember reading something on the internet about George dying tow days beafore he actually died, so when I heard thje real news I thought, well, they've kept it a secret until today. I was very saddened, but we all knew he had been suffering a lot...
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2004, 11:48:35 AM »

I Know how it is when one is dead

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2004, 05:06:59 PM »

I've been thinking...would you guys be sad if another (ex)Beatle died? I would. I wasn't a fan at the time George (and John) died. But it was really sad to hear that two of them passed away.

hobbity_walrus9

• A Beginning
  • Nothing's gonna change my world
    • Elostirion
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2004, 08:18:24 PM »

I'll probably go into some sort of depression again if anyone dies soon. My guitar teacher said to me one time 'Imagine what it will be like when Paul and Ringo go?' and all because he said that I couldn't sleep that night. And it's not like I have any friends that are not online friends that would understand why I would be upset. It takes me a while to 'get over' stuff too.

I still don't have Concert for George (I don't have the money for it) but I have the song Photograph with me and that's enough to get me teary-eyed. I can't even get Anthology dvd set until December, but I have the vid for Real Love and I can't even watch it once without crying.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2004, 03:23:00 AM »

[quote by=Soft_Guitar60 link=Blah.pl?b=harrison,m=1091887301,s=29 date=1098983219]I've been thinking...would you guys be sad if another (ex)Beatle died? I would. I wasn't a fan at the time George (and John) died. But it was really sad to hear that two of them passed away.[/quote]

OF COURSE!!!!! I'll be devastated.  I hope they live to be in their 90's. I can't take it if they go too early. I still haven't gotten over John and it's been 24 years. But it's the way he went that's why. But listening to some of George's songs get me teary eyed too.

Lucy In The Sky

• Getting Better
  • All You Need Is Love
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2004, 07:45:51 AM »

It's always going to be upsetting.

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2004, 11:43:26 AM »

We'd better not thing about those things...
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

Lucy In The Sky

• Getting Better
  • All You Need Is Love
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2004, 06:04:10 AM »

We shouldn't mention it.

So how is everyone. :P

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2004, 12:06:44 PM »

it was a very depressing day for me.....:-/ my friend couldn't stop crying at school......she was a big Goerge fan too

SgtSkelter

• A Beginning
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2004, 06:04:59 AM »

I wasn't a huge beatles fan but i still loved his work... i was deeply upset over his death and it still bothers me... i remember when i first heard about the stabbing attempts... that was such a long time ago now...

I still have the Rolling Stone issue dedicated to him that was released on my birthday...

This one:

That was such an awesome issue... It really softened the blow a little bit for me...

He was one of those few people that I would've wanted to hold an interesting conversation with before he passed... But that's ok... We still have his music.  :)

Lucy In The Sky

• Getting Better
  • All You Need Is Love
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2004, 06:31:00 AM »

George Harrison isn't the quite Beatle. His skils were just not discovered. I love George because he is very genuine.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2004, 06:21:12 AM »

That's such a good pic of him on the Rolling Stone cover. I love all the pics from the White Album. They used the one of John from that session on a lot of newspaper and magazine covers after you know.

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2004, 04:04:39 PM »

I was shocked. I heard 3 songs on the radio of him following each other, which was strange, then they said in the news he had died. I cried, screamed, ran down and told my mom about it, cried, screamed, cried the whole day. I loved him so much.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 85 queries.