Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Lennon's Sons to Perform Together  (Read 8753 times)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Lennon's Sons to Perform Together
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 01:38:06 PM »

If supposition is the name of the game, can I go with John as the tormented homosexual, devasted by his failed relationship with Stuart (hinted at in books and All those LOOOOONG love letters), goes out with Cyn because he has to try girls sometime, finds much more happiness whacking off Brian in Spain (confirmed by John), gets Cyn (whether by her design or no) pregnant and runs for the hills, finally settles for Yoko as a replacement for Mimi, plus she doesn't mind him carrying on his homosexuality on the side (hinted ad naueseum in books.)
don't follow leaders
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 01:53:25 PM »

Quote from: 1255

^^^^^Slightly different subject matter, but same "thing"..........didn't Linda get herself pregnant by Paul so he'd have to marry her???

Well, in the Barry Miles book, Paul says that he and Linda both agreed that she would get off the Pill and see what would happen.  As far as I can remember, when she got pregnant with Mary, Paul insisted that they get married.  Linda supposedly did not want to because she had recently divorced her first husband and was hesitant to become a wife again.  However, he kept insisting and they finally wed.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 06:42:16 PM »

Cynthia is very carefully trying to tread her line and to make us think that
1. it was great love: "John was crazy about me"( chapter 8) - how do you like such words? I nearly fell off the chair. After 5 years together John was crazy about her. John hesitated all the time whether to marry her or not, as he wasn`t deeply in love. I think that all girls know what it is like when a guy is deeply in love with you or the more so when he is crazy about you. It`s clear that John wasn`t. John felt comfortable with Cyn, she was well-balanced, older, she knew how to soothe him and so on. She knew everything pretty well.
2. pregnancy occurred by chance: "We didn`t use anything, nobody told us about the need to do it, our parents didn`t tell us about it" - Who is she trying to fool? She was 19 and already had some sexual experience. Even in a faraway Siberian village people knew how to avoid having a child. Parents sometimes, no, often, don`t tell such things but friends do. If Linda was on the pill why not Cyn? She got pregnant in 1962!!!!! Not immediately after they started going out. Even if she wasn`t experienced at first (but remember she had a boyfriend with whom she made love before John) she definitely was experienced years later! So the idea that Cyn was inexperienced and they just made love cause they were little teenagers who didn`t know that it could lead to children, this idea doesn`t hold water. I think John just relied on her in such matters, kind of: let women take care of it! You see, he was comfortable with her in all respects. At that time he didn`t know the song DON`T LET ME DOWN! But she did let him down.
Her words that they didn`t want children only prove that they did take care.
The timing was chosen not by chance. John and the boys were embarking on a new career. They had just had the famous contract and were getting famous (a shaky situation for Cyn). Cynthia had been waiting for John to marry her quite long - 5 years is a long period of time for any relationship (some of her attemps to get him had failed). Paul had left Dot (a signal). Cynthia`s mother was in Liverpool at that time, not in Canada - what a coincidence! -(she could have her on her side in case...). Sorry, KSY, you are not quite right: Cyn`s father died quite a time before; they can`t have been strong catholics cause Cyn`s mother took the news about her pregnancy calmly. And certainly Cyn, the most important thing, knew John very well. He was a decent fellow, she was sure he would never abandon her.
KSY, please, read the very first post about wanting John`s legacy and money.
Please, mind that I am not trying to impose anything. That`s just how some women catch men. They have no pride. And usually such marriages end in divorce, that`s why I absolutely don`t blame John for abandoning Cyn. Cyn is to blame for everything herself, she asked for it! Now face the music.
But on the whole all this is just speculation and reflection and meditation...a bit of analysis and a bit of psychology... ::)

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 07:13:01 PM »

Quote from: 1620

Well, in the Barry Miles book, Paul says that he and Linda both agreed that she would get off the Pill and see what would happen.  As far as I can remember, when she got pregnant with Mary, Paul insisted that they get married.  Linda supposedly did not want to because she had recently divorced her first husband and was hesitant to become a wife again.  However, he kept insisting and they finally wed.

^^^^^Alright..........that clarifies the story.  Thank you so much!!!!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 02:46:34 AM »

Quote from: 1620

I have a feeling there's a little revisionism going on there. Let's see what happens? What did they think would happen? I just think it was carelessness. And I find it hard to believe Linda didn't want to marry a Beatle. I mean, she had a history of bedding rock stars, so obviously she was looking to bag one. I'm sure Paul wants a more respectable story though, so why not spin it. But what do I know. It was the sixties so people were doing stupid things anyway. Baby boomer logic.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 07:01:14 PM »

I think, Sandra, you are right.
I`ve read somewhere that it was Linda who wanted to get acquainted with Paul and wrote letters to him from the USA. It was all her initiative. Am I correct here?

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 03:00:10 AM »

This is very far off subject. ;)

Whether John loved Cynthia more or Cynthia love John more she got pregnant, John obviously didn't want to get married then, but he manned up and did it. He didn't really do a great job with Julian, but he did marry Cynthia with the intention that the baby would have a family, I think. And I don't see how Cynthia could say that they didn't know that a thing like that could happen, just based one the fact that John was sexually active since his early teens, he had to have known it could have happened sooner or later.
I just don't see an arguement here. John and Cynthia had a relationship, seriousness or not, it didn't have anything to do with it. She got pregnant, John could have walked away, but he didn't then. And I'm glad he didn't, and I'm even more glad Cyn kept the baby because Julian is fricking AMAZING! Best Beatle son obviously, great musician in his own right. And Day After Day, the video pc31 posted, favoritre Julian song! and the t-shirt was good too! :)

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 05:30:41 PM »

It wasn`t an argument, just thoughts concerning Cynthia, like yours. All the sons are great, and I, too, think that Julian is the best of them. (Dhani is very nice as well.) What concerns Paul, his best child is Stella (my opinion) and Paul loves her most of all his children. However, Beatrice is likely to be much more beautiful than all his other daughters. At last one Paul`s child has great looks   :X   and she is my hope in this respect.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 11:04:09 PM »

I don't think it is fair to say Paul like one of his children more, he never really makes it obvious, John did.
Well, look who her mother is, she has a 50/50 chance like all his children did to have good looks, atleast Linda was nice.

I too like Dhani being a fan of thenewno2 for 3+ years, but Julian just is the favorite of mine.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 12:58:37 AM »

Quote from: 1393
It wasn`t an argument, just thoughts concerning Cynthia, like yours. All the sons are great, and I, too, think that Julian is the best of them. (Dhani is very nice as well.) What concerns Paul, his best child is Stella (my opinion) and Paul loves her most of all his children. However, Beatrice is likely to be much more beautiful than all his other daughters. At last one Paul`s child has great looks   :X   and she is my hope in this respect.

Why do you think Paul loves Stella most? He most likely loves each of them equally.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2009, 01:57:13 AM »

I agree! :)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2009, 05:29:30 PM »

What concerns Paul, his best child is Stella (my opinion) and Paul loves her most of all his children.

I too have to ask how you come to conclusions such as this.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2009, 05:46:50 PM »

What concerns Paul, his best child is Stella (my opinion) and Paul loves her most of all his children. However, Beatrice is likely to be much more beautiful than all his other daughters. At last one Paul`s child has great looks   :X   and she is my hope in this respect.

Another one of your crazy statements, Jane. I do so look forward to them.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 09:37:14 PM »

Quote from: 483

Another one of your crazy statements, Jane. I do so look forward to them.

I know it pretty well.
It is not crazy it is just an idea. The other day Kevin wrote some crazy(your word, I would have never used it, and have never used it, but now I feel I can, since you have used it) post about John but you didn`t say a word. This is sex discrimination, you men stand up for your own sex.
Tell me frankly, why you wrote the word "crazy", in my language it is very rude.
"His best child is Stella"-my opinion (I specified it). She is more good-looking than the other children, and she is more famous =best.
"Paul loves her most"-he always consults her, shares ideas with her, visits her fashion shows (don`t know what to call them). It is she who expresses her likes or dislikes concerning for example Paul`s girls. Most often we see Paul with Stella. Don`t you agree?
And, guys, I read not only your press, I read Russian press as well, and newspapers here mentioned the fact that Stella is Paul`s favourite child more than once. It stuck in my mind. And actually I quite agree with it. What makes you disagree?
What concerns Beatrice, I believe she is a lovely child. Besides Paul is a very handsome man and Heather is very good-looking and even more, that is why I think and I am sure that Beatrice will be more beautiful than the others. Sorry, but I don`t consider Linda... :X  Please, forgive me for that! JimmyMFan, please, forgive me. Have you?

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 01:24:42 AM »

Press is very biased, I don't believe half of what they say most times.

Just because he is seen more with Stella doesn't mean he likes her more, she's a world famous fashion designer, obviously she'd be more in the press with him. His other children seem very private.

Bobber

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 08:30:59 AM »

If Beatrice shares her mothers character, she won't be beautiful at all.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2009, 09:03:25 AM »

Quote from: 63
If Beatrice shares her mothers character, she won't be beautiful at all.

Well, let's hope Beatrice won't be very much like Heather as she grows up. :-/  I think Bea is a very cute little girl, though.

Swine

• A Beginning
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 10:39:50 AM »

"His best child is Stella"-my opinion (I specified it). She is more good-looking than the other children, and she is more famous =best.
"Paul loves her most"-he always consults her, shares ideas with her, visits her fashion shows (don`t know what to call them). It is she who expresses her likes or dislikes concerning for example Paul`s girls. Most often we see Paul with Stella. Don`t you agree?
And, guys, I read not only your press, I read Russian press as well, and newspapers here mentioned the fact that Stella is Paul`s favourite child more than once. It stuck in my mind. And actually I quite agree with it. What makes you disagree?
What concerns Beatrice, I believe she is a lovely child. Besides Paul is a very handsome man and Heather is very good-looking and even more, that is why I think and I am sure that Beatrice will be more beautiful than the others. Sorry, but I don`t consider Linda... :X  Please, forgive me for that! JimmyMFan, please, forgive me. Have you?

you never know. there might be more and overlooked: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/m-1101759705/s-28/#num27
[size=18]LIFE IS GETTING WORSE[/size]

Ged

• A Beginning
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »

It was Mary though who he used to interview him for Wingspan. Does it really mean that James is not wanted just because he's not splashed all over the news for instance, of course not.

Bobber

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2009, 09:52:23 PM »

Maybe it's time Jane becomes a mother of four.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 82 queries.