Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Blondie  (Read 13703 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Blondie
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 10:40:50 PM »

No, Debbie! Please, if you still want to sing, then sing Sinatra songs or something like that.

Jane would that include Ringo and Paul too ?
I find your ageist attitude offensive especially towards women , can't think why you would want to be on a forum that celebrates the life of a 67 year old and a 69 year old namely Ringo and Paul if you have such an hang up with age ?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:22:08 AM by DaveRam »
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 10:55:42 PM »

It is for men to judge women. Men do it better. Women are usually too critical of women.

You got that right, Jane.
I can stay till it's time to go

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »

I do agree that women tend to be more catty about another women's apperance .
The only advice i got from my dad with regard to women is to say they look lovely at all times , this advice as served me well .

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »

Jane would that include Ringo and Paul too ?
I find your ageist attitude offensive especially towards women , can't think why you would want to be on a forum that celebrates the life of a 67 year old and a 69 year old namely Ringo and Paul if you have such an hang up with age ?

By no means! Ringo and Paul not included!
Do not find my attitude offensive. It is not ageism. It is just common sense. A senior woman rocking on stage is hardly a very attractive view, especially if she looks all those years. A senior woman must be elegant and stylish. Like Jane Birkin, like Marina Vladi, like Mireille Mattieau (spelling?) and the rest. But actually I do not want to criticise Debbie. If anybody still wants to see her on stage and enjoys the sight, it`s up to them. I wouldn`t go to her concert now. But, please, do not get offended. I see that you like all kind of Debbie and take my post hard. Please, don`t.   :)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 08:42:58 AM »

So senior women in rock should sit at home knitting or with a bag over there head so we don't have to see their decay and be offended by there ageing bodies ?
But it's ok to watch wrinkly Mick Jagger or hair dyed Paul rocking in there 60's , but not women rockers .
Thats what i would call a double standard Jane and ageism against women in music .
This soon to be 70 year old women as just completed a 90 date world tour and not only can she still rock she still looks elegant in my book , Tina Turner  knocks your common sense rational on it's head ?

http://
Tina Turner Proud Mary Live 2008

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 05:00:13 PM »

I do agree that women tend to be more catty about another women's apperance .
The only advice i got from my dad with regard to women is to say they look lovely at all times , this advice as served me well .

Thumbs up to your dad!
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 09:58:14 PM »

So senior women in rock should sit at home knitting or with a bag over there head so we don't have to see their decay and be offended by there ageing bodies ?
But it's ok to watch wrinkly Mick Jagger or hair dyed Paul rocking in there 60's , but not women rockers .
Thats what i would call a double standard Jane and ageism against women in music .
This soon to be 70 year old women as just completed a 90 date world tour and not only can she still rock she still looks elegant in my book , Tina Turner  knocks your common sense rational on it's head ?

http://Tina Turner Proud Mary Live 2008

Tina Turner is great! No problem with her on stage for me. I love to see her! As a lot of other people, I am sure. Debbie has been away for I don`t know how long, I don`t remember seeing her on stage. And then she appears after a long break, and absolutely changed. I don`t think it`s very "right". Tina stayed with the audience for a very long time and everybody saw her aging, when she returned it wasn`t such a shock.
So, you see I am not against senior women on stage, I am for common sense. And I am certain there are people who would support me. Hey, you should remember I love to see Lulu and Cilla Black, quite senior, we spoke about them, didn`t we?
What concerns rockers, that`s my personal opinion and I have the right to have my own preferences, likes and dislikes. I am not banning these women from stage, let them rock if they want, but I wouldn`t go to see them. You wouldn`t go to see certain singers, you have the right. As well as I do.

Bobber

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2009, 09:39:28 AM »

Blondie was always great.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2009, 10:02:17 AM »

It's not a common sense argument you are making Jane your all over the shop , your been very selective as to who can perform as a senior rock star .
What your saying is if women looks right and has not aged badly it's ok in your common sense opinion for them to perform ?
 But your setting a totally different standard for male rock stars , a double standard which in my book shows a prejudice .
What i really think your saying is if a women is no longer pretty she should shut herself away and not take to the stage .
Thats not common sense it's just shallow .
But i suppose if thats how  you judge people thats your problem . I would'nt judge a women that way i'm a gentleman .
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:06:40 AM by DaveRam »

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2009, 10:20:22 AM »

Debbie Harry was absent from the music scene for around 7 years as she took time off to care for her boyfriend who had a rare and life threatening skin disorder .

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2009, 11:50:36 AM »

Personally, I think she looks a lot better than Fergie and a lot of the "younger" women in rock. Amy Whinehouse anyone? But that's besides the point. I thought it was about the music not the look. Should she start including choreographed dance routines too? I guess that's what passes for entertainment these days. Flash over substance.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 11:52:10 AM by Sondra »

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2009, 01:10:10 PM »

Personally, I think she looks a lot better than Fergie and a lot of the "younger" women in rock. Amy Whinehouse anyone? But that's besides the point. I thought it was about the music not the look. Should she start including choreographed dance routines too? I guess that's what passes for entertainment these days. Flash over substance.

Welcome back Sondra, I've missed seeing you lately here!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2009, 08:11:11 PM »

It's not a common sense argument you are making Jane your all over the shop , your been very selective as to who can perform as a senior rock star .
What your saying is if women looks right and has not aged badly it's ok in your common sense opinion for them to perform ?
 But your setting a totally different standard for male rock stars , a double standard which in my book shows a prejudice .
What i really think your saying is if a women is no longer pretty she should shut herself away and not take to the stage .
But i suppose if thats how  you judge people thats your problem . I would'nt judge a women that way i'm a gentleman .

I can express my opinion whatever it is. I am not hurting anybody`s feelings, and have said all the way that you may like her looks now but I don`t. The first picture you posted shows a woman who doesn`t look well. The picture Sondra posted shows a woman who does look well. So you see Debbie understood herself that something had to be done and obviously underwent some treatment or operation. So she`s on my side in this question not on yours with badly looking women.
I remember you saying that you don`t like Jagger on stage, so you are against male senior rockers and support female senior rockers. Well, that`s double standards, a prejudice. (in your book)
Certainly it`s my problem how I judge people. And I have no problem judging people the way I am judging them. Everybody judges people differently. Why should you be so critical? And so judgemental yourself.
I didn`t say anything about you or your point of view, didn`t judge your post, while you judged my post in an unpleasant way. Why? Tell me, DaveRam, if it is gentlemenly? ? ? ? ?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2009, 08:18:06 PM »

You know better, DaveRam. It is for men to judge women. Men do it better. Women are usually too critical of women. But when she was young she was one of the most beautiful girls, to my mind.

DaveRam, read this post of mine again. Actually I agreed with you, but you somehow...

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2009, 09:19:11 PM »

Not sure this discussion  is going anywhere Jane .
And because i am a gentleman i will end my input and move on to talk about Blondie's music and not respond to you , sorry if i upset you Jane but i do work with the elderly and i don't like ageism , give me wisdom over looks anyday   .
It's clear to me that we are people who will clash , this is the second time .
And as i don't want this to get boring for other members i will stop.
I did'nt post any pictures in this thread of Debbie Harry that was Andy , Hello Goodbye and Sondra i just posted youtube clips .

I got quite upset about this situation , so i've decided to take a very extended break from the forum
My enjoyment of the forum as been spoilt by " Yoko Jane " who's always been good at splitting up a happy band .
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 11:10:12 AM by DaveRam »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2009, 11:22:33 PM »

Let it go already, Jane.

As for me, I hope Debbie Harry punks on until she's 120!  And I hope I'm around to see it.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2009, 05:54:10 PM »

Not sure this discussion  is going anywhere Jane .
And because i am a gentleman i will end my input and move on to talk about Blondie's music and not respond to you , sorry if i upset you Jane but i do work with the elderly and i don't like ageism , give me wisdom over looks anyday   .
It's clear to me that we are people who will clash , this is the second time .
And as i don't want this to get boring for other members i will stop.
I did'nt post any pictures in this thread of Debbie Harry that was Andy , Hello Goodbye and Sondra i just posted youtube clips .

I got quite upset about this situation , so i've decided to take a very extended break from the forum
My enjoyment of the forum as been spoilt by " Yoko Jane " who's always been good at splitting up a happy band .

Dave, don't give anyone that much power. It is what it is. There's always going to be people we clash with. It just helps you enjoy the rest of us that much more!  ;)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2009, 02:15:43 AM »

Dave, I was away for a few days and returned to find this addition to your post.  I was saddened to read this.

Dave, don't give anyone that much power. It is what it is. There's always going to be people we clash with. It just helps you enjoy the rest of us that much more!  ;)

+1 to what this wise moderator said.  I do hope you'll reconsider, Dave.

Barry

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2009, 08:50:30 PM »

Please, Sondra, tell me if it is nice to say such things? What do you think of the word "shallow"? Isn`t it very humiliating? But, please, be frank.
What about "if that`s how you judge people"? This is irrelevant and negative, I wasn`t judging anybody. Read it as a post addressed to you.
I didn`t mean to hurt DaveRam. I said that he knew better, his opinion was better. But he did hurt me. The word hit me as stone block.
I apologise for all this scandal. And I would like to underline that I do respect, appreciate and like all the posters. And expect the same attitude in return.
Somehow the situation seems to be like that: somebody says to me: your opinion is shallow, and I have to swallow it.
I address you, Sondra, as a moderator. But be evenhanded.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2009, 03:50:50 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 1.075 seconds with 84 queries.