Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ATMP MONO Fold Down?  (Read 1546 times)

Mellotroniac

• A Beginning
ATMP MONO Fold Down?
« on: July 26, 2008, 02:31:27 AM »

I read on a previous thread about their being a Mono Fold Down for All Things Must Pass? Any chance someone would like to share if they have a copy? Or any other Mono Fold Down's either. I have finally acquired the Abbey Road Fold Down.
&quot;No one around you will love you today and throw it all away...&quot;<br />&quot;Nothing is real...&quot;<br />&quot;Its all in the mind...&quot;<br />&quot;And life flows on within you and w

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
Re: ATMP MONO Fold Down?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 04:21:04 AM »

I've never found such a thing myself, although apparently it does exist:

http://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/announcements/new-releases-for-march-14th-2008/

http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/m-1203777451/s-30/#num36

You could make a good mono fold down yourself from the Toshiba Red Vinyl which might actually be better than the real thing depending on what sort of quality the Brazilian original had: it's not quite authentic, of course, but the results would be very similar apart from whatever equalization was applied to the mono master.  :)

Mellotroniac

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 05:31:11 PM »

Sounds like a plan!:)
&quot;No one around you will love you today and throw it all away...&quot;<br />&quot;Nothing is real...&quot;<br />&quot;Its all in the mind...&quot;<br />&quot;And life flows on within you and w

Mellotroniac

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 09:56:43 PM »

Took your advice on the fold down, and I like it. There is much more flanging present when you put it into mono, its hard to notice in stereo.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 02:25:33 PM »

Glad it worked out. The usual objection to mono fold downs, of course, is that anything panned to the far left or right of the stereo mix will tend to disappear down into the mono while elements in the center of the stereo original will come too far forward. Although I doubt this would be much of a problem with ATMP, you still might get odd results from collapsing stereo to mono: a fold down is no substitute for a real mono mix.

For what it's worth, my own inclination is to go in precisely the opposite direction, at least- or especially- for ATMP: 5.1 DTS.

http://www.toupltd.com/atmp.html

:)

Page created in 0.904 seconds with 43 queries.