Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 656124 times)

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #4540 on: June 21, 2009, 03:28:00 AM »

Quote from: 1447

hm, how recently?  I've been looking at some (looking at getting one for my new room) and I saw one at Costco yesterday for $120-ish...  with the USB connection and everything.  Do you have a record collection too Penny?

I got mine from my mom. She still had one stored away. THEN she went and got another one from my aunt because she didn't want it. You can have it!! Now how close are you to St. Cloud, Minnesota? lol

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #4541 on: June 21, 2009, 03:33:44 AM »

HJ:  "Recently" means I can't remember.  LOL!  It was either last year or this year.  I don't know where the player was purchased since I got it third-hand.  My hubby tried doing some research on it and I think he said it was German-made, expensive, and most likely from the 1970's.  It is old but of good quality.

We have a record collection at my place, but most of it (including the Beatles LP's) technically belongs to my husband.  I only own like one Beatles LP, a handful of 45's, and one EP.

Here's a good idea for decorating...  Take your favorite LP covers and frame them.  I have six Beatles covers hanging around my apartment and I put the vinyls into blank replacement sleeves. ;)

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #4542 on: June 21, 2009, 03:40:14 AM »

I have one frame, my Introducing The Beatles one was in it. But I kept taking it down to listen to it, so right now it is empty lol. For Beatles records I have a Revolver and Introducing The Beatles. But at this little antique shop in my town they have a AHDN record, a Rubber Soul, and a Revolver in Sterio (mines mono). But they are like range from $30-$80 so to get the Rubber Soul which is the one I want the most I have a ways to go!!! lol.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #4543 on: June 21, 2009, 03:45:41 AM »

Quote from: 1620
Here's a good idea for decorating...  Take your favorite LP covers and frame them.  I have six Beatles covers hanging around my apartment and I put the vinyls into blank replacement sleeves. ;)

I'm actually putting my (mom's lol) Hey Jude 45 in a frame in the new house.  I probably should do something with 3 of the albums I have (Beatlemania, Twist and Shout and Long Tall Sally) to keep them safer, I think my dad bought them around '63 or '64 (before the whole Beatlemania explosion).

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #4544 on: June 21, 2009, 07:02:42 AM »

Quote from: 596
A very random thought: you will be amazed at how much sex there is in Marketing!!!!

I'm not surprised at all. Sex sells.

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #4545 on: June 21, 2009, 05:58:38 PM »

As for the record thing, emmi, you sound just like me! I got my record player at this seedy pawn shop for $20. Suprised it still works, really.  ;D
I think the first Beatle record I bought with my own money was a re-press of 'Introducing the Beatles'

By the way: This post? This very post? It's 'One After 909'  :P
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #4546 on: June 21, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »

Quote from: 1657
As for the record thing, emmi, you sound just like me! I got my record player at this seedy pawn shop for $20. Suprised it still works, really.  ;D
I think the first Beatle record I bought with my own money was a re-press of 'Introducing the Beatles'

By the way: This post? This very post? It's 'One After 909'  :P

909! Sweet! lol. I picked up the whole record collecting thing from my uncle and he gave me my first records, 'Daltrey' and 'Band On The Run' so then it all kinda went from there lol

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4547 on: June 21, 2009, 08:35:06 PM »

I should really get a new record player. Mine is some piece of junk I got at a flea market for forty bucks, ages ago.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

fan numero uno

• A Thousand Pages
  • they love me, they love me a lot. they love me....
« Reply #4548 on: June 21, 2009, 10:47:16 PM »

^ man, you guys are so lucky to even have record players! i have a whole ton of Beatles records sitting in my room because i stole them from my dad but i can't listen to them! and he has a LOT! too bad most of the covers arent in good enough shape to frame. =( but it's good he has even MORE CDs than records. =)

anyway, to keep things random, FIVE DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT! and it's all random fun stuff left, mostly! YAY!
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4549 on: June 21, 2009, 11:43:47 PM »

Quote from: 1300
^ man, you guys are so lucky to even have record players! i have a whole ton of Beatles records sitting in my room because i stole them from my dad but i can't listen to them! and he has a LOT! too bad most of the covers arent in good enough shape to frame. =( but it's good he has even MORE CDs than records. =)

anyway, to keep things random, FIVE DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT! and it's all random fun stuff left, mostly! YAY!

You could probably get a decent on on ebay. I keep thinking about doing that, but never get around to it.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #4550 on: June 22, 2009, 01:26:39 AM »

Get a record player and collect vinyls or records, is an item on my when-I-get-around-to-doing-it list.

Sigh, how does one get the will power to study? I couldnt be stuffed, and I have an exam on Wednessday.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #4551 on: June 22, 2009, 01:41:51 AM »

^  I know the feeling.  Sometimes my study motivation level is super low....even if I have upcoming tests.   :B

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #4552 on: June 22, 2009, 02:57:31 AM »

I try to study! I really do! But I end up forgetting it! Here's a study tip! Put the info to a song! Early Beatles stuff is easy to do it to because of the bouncy beats. I had a teacher who made us learn every country in the world and did it by continents!! I really wasn't fond of that teacher... but we were doing South America and i put all of the countries to 'She Loves You' and it went like 'Jamacia yeah yeah yeah! Bahamas yeah yeah yeah!!!' and so on.... but then we did Europe and I didn't do it to that one and I completely forgot everything anf bombed the test..... lol, but if your like me and can remember song lyrics easy that is what I do. Amd it does work!!  ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4553 on: June 22, 2009, 09:46:30 AM »

Gotta go to work in about four hours! But cuz of the vacation week I'm on this insane sleep schedule. Guess I'm staying up the whole night. This always happens the first day back at work. Must be my internal sleep clock thing or something. I should have been a night watchman or something.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4554 on: June 22, 2009, 03:53:59 PM »

Quote from: 216
Gotta go to work in about four hours! But cuz of the vacation week I'm on this insane sleep schedule. Guess I'm staying up the whole night. This always happens the first day back at work. Must be my internal sleep clock thing or something. I should have been a night watchman or something.

I have always bee na nighttime person.  If I don't have work, I sleep al lday and stay up all night.  I always do my best work and thinking in the midnight hours.  My clock is all backwards.

<br />

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #4555 on: June 22, 2009, 07:30:11 PM »

Last Monday in my middle school career! I expect a rainy and depressing summer ahead.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #4556 on: June 22, 2009, 07:51:30 PM »

wow, you guys get out of school kinda late. I was out May 19, but I have to go back in mid August. I think I'm wasting my summer!  :(

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #4557 on: June 22, 2009, 07:54:14 PM »

Quote from: 1204
I have always bee na nighttime person.  If I don't have work, I sleep al lday and stay up all night.  I always do my best work and thinking in the midnight hours.  My clock is all backwards.

It's exactly the same with me.  I'm a night owl...never been a morning person, ever.  Supposedly it's bad for your health to stay up into the wee hours...but oh, well.

Quote from: 2056
wow, you guys get out of school kinda late. I was out May 19, but I have to go back in mid August. I think I'm wasting my summer!  :(

Ever done summer school?  Now that's wasting your summer! ;D :-/  (Sorry, I'm just a little bitter!)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #4558 on: June 23, 2009, 12:06:04 AM »

Quote from: 2116
I try to study! I really do! But I end up forgetting it! Here's a study tip! Put the info to a song! Early Beatles stuff is easy to do it to because of the bouncy beats. I had a teacher who made us learn every country in the world and did it by continents!! I really wasn't fond of that teacher... but we were doing South America and i put all of the countries to 'She Loves You' and it went like 'Jamacia yeah yeah yeah! Bahamas yeah yeah yeah!!!' and so on.... but then we did Europe and I didn't do it to that one and I completely forgot everything anf bombed the test..... lol, but if your like me and can remember song lyrics easy that is what I do. Amd it does work!!  ;D

That's classic!  also do it, but I sometimes forget my own rhymes.... (bad memory)  I think it will be hard to do a song about first order conditions and derivatives! (hey! next time I'll procrastinate, I'll try that. Now, that's a thought!!!)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #4559 on: June 23, 2009, 01:48:56 AM »

Quote from: 596

That's classic!  also do it, but I sometimes forget my own rhymes.... (bad memory)  I think it will be hard to do a song about first order conditions and derivatives! (hey! next time I'll procrastinate, I'll try that. Now, that's a thought!!!)

lol, I do forget them too sometimes. And that might be hard..
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 527

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 91 queries.