Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lulu  (Read 9130 times)

Bobber

Re: Lulu
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 07:41:50 AM »

@ Mercy: fine performance, but had she just had her lips botoxed?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »

After speaking to DaveRam about Lulu here a year ago, I did buy her CD. It is called LULU The Collection, and has all the best and mentioned above songs with Boom Bang A Bang.  :)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 03:41:48 PM »

Here's another starring role for Lulu in Barry and Maurice Gibb's "Cucumber Castle TV special" which was broadcast on the BBC Boxing Day 26/12 / 1970 .
Seem to remember The Beatles doing similar thing with Magical Mystery Tour a few years earlier  ;D
This is a Turkey but it doe's have a good cast : Lulu , Eleanor Bron , Spike Milligan , Vincent Price, Frankie Howard ,Eric Clapton , Barry and Maurice Gibb .
Lulu is OK  she doe's a nice version of Mrs Robinson by Simon & Garfunkle , and Spike is funny as always  :)
 Robin Gibb had left The Bee Gees during this period and had gone solo.
You would have thought after this The Bee Gees would have learned their lesson , but nope they had to go and do Sgt.Pepper's the movie some years latter , have they know shame ?  ;D
Sorry that it's not complete part 2 and 3 are missing due to copywrite , but it  really does'nt matter as it's  bad TV :D

http://
Bee Gees Cucumber Castle (1 of 6)

Bee Gees Cucumber Castle (2 of 6)

Bee Gees Cucumber Castle (4 of 6)

Bee Gees Cucumber Castle (5 of 6)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 03:54:27 PM »

After speaking to DaveRam about Lulu here a year ago, I did buy her CD. It is called LULU The Collection, and has all the best and mentioned above songs with Boom Bang A Bang.  :)

Nice one Jane  :) do you like it ?

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 03:57:59 PM »

@ Mercy: fine performance, but had she just had her lips botoxed?

I thought it was a good performance Bobber , and yes i do think she's  been botoxed  ;D

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 05:05:17 PM »

This is a fine example of the Saturday night light entertainment shows that singers like Lulu appeared on in the UK , been chased by a stupid man with an Emu on his hand , god Rod Hull was such a wanker >:(
Always think it was so unfair that great 60's singers like Lulu got pigeonholed into this kind of TV ?
While The Rolling Stones were filling stadiums , this was all that was left for our great 60's female singers during the 70's and 80's .
It really makes me sad and mad , what a waste ?

Lena Zavaroni duets with Lulu, and gets attacked by an Emu

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 08:05:24 PM »

Nice one Jane  :) do you like it ?

Yes! Very good! And it has 22 songs, also including Let`s Pretend, Love Loves To Love Love, Take Me In Your Arms And Love Me, Day Tripper, but unfortunately there isn`t Shout.
I am going to the family reunion tomorrow and taking the CD. Some guys there will surely appreciate it.  :) 

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 06:14:46 AM »

^^^^^Don't know why it is Jane but their seems to be a problem with pulling together Lulu's songs onto one CD , their must be some licence issues between Decca and EMI , i've only seen one Greatest hits collection that pulls all the songs together on one CD .
I'm glad you enjoy the one you have  :) Lulu should go down well at your reunion  :)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 06:22:55 AM »

That's bizarre, I tried to modify your posts to include the YouTube vids, but they keep reverting back. But I seem to be able to post them myself!

Lulu at the Kumars - Part 1of2

Lulu at the Kumars - Part 2of2

Lulu - Loose Woman

It's very strange Paul now we are on a second page to the thread i can post youtube vids,  very puzzling  ???

Bobber

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009, 12:28:32 PM »

I thought it was a good performance Bobber , and yes i do think she's  been botoxed  ;D

I never understood why women do that in the first place. I mean, look at her. She looks ridiculous. Does she really think a man would fall for that?

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2009, 02:44:31 PM »

^^^^^ Trout mouth i think they call it Bobber  ;D
I can see that a little nip and tuck maybe in your 50's is ok , but i don't understand this quest for youth , what ever happend to growing old gracefully .
I mean the rest of her looks ok , why pump up the lips .

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2009, 10:11:39 AM »

^^^^^Don't know why it is Jane but their seems to be a problem with pulling together Lulu's songs onto one CD , their must be some licence issues between Decca and EMI , i've only seen one Greatest hits collection that pulls all the songs together on one CD .
I'm glad you enjoy the one you have  :) Lulu should go down well at your reunion  :)

Ah, maybe that`s the problem, you are right!
My Lulu CD went down well! And I spend a lot of time in the musical room looking through some vinyls and certainly listening to them! And you know the strange thing is that vinyls appear to have a better sound than CDs! It was some revelation to me. Do vinyls really have a better sound?
I found a Lulu vinyl in the room called The World of LuLu, 1969, with the following songs, side A: Leave A Little Love, Don`t Answer Me, Surprise Surprise, When He Touches Me, Call Me, I`ll Come Running Over. And side B has Shout. All the songs are great! I was carried away by Don`t Answer Me.
Then everybody chose to listen to another very good vinyl Puppet On A String, 1967, by Sandie Shaw. Side A: Puppet On A String, Think Sometimes About Me, I Don`t Think You Want Me Any More, Keep In Touch, Stop Before You Start, Hide All Emotion. Very good! I can`t help mentioning Sandie here, if you don`t mind. Maybe DaveRam and some other British remember these wonderful songs from the 60s.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 2.395 seconds with 62 queries.