Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Max Weingberg Taking Advice from Ringo Starr  (Read 1786 times)

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
Max Weingberg Taking Advice from Ringo Starr
« on: October 22, 2010, 03:30:12 AM »

Interview, Part Two: Max Weinberg on His Time with Conan O'Brien, Taking Advice from Ringo Starr and Being a Business Man

By Matt Wardlaw, Thu., Oct. 21 2010 @ 2:15PM

When the first chapter of your time playing with Bruce wrapped up at the end of the '80s, you gave Ringo Starr a call, because of his similar experience with the end of a high profile project. What kind of advice did Ringo have for you?
Since I met him in 1980, Ringo has always been a great pal and certainly an inspiration both musically and personally. Here's a guy who turned 70 this past July and he looks about 40. Amazing. He's actually been one of the few people I've ever met to turn back the hands of time. He's just a remarkable individual. He was very helpful at the time with how to move on. Because he had certainly been through that a decade and a half before me in terms of a full time group disbanding.

Of course I don't compare myself to Ringo and the renown and impact that he and the Beatles had. You suddenly find yourself a bit a fish out of water and you have to gather your resources, find out who you are, what you like to do, what you were put here to do and get behind that. It's all about forward motion, and I've never looked back on so-called "glory days" because I'm getting better as a musician all of the time, I'm getting better as a drummer, no doubt about it, and you hope to gain some wisdom as you get older. These are the things that we talked about in those days, and I still subscribe to that. I still don't look back. I've been fortunate to generally over a 40-some odd year career have two long term musical involvements - that's a pretty good record. I'm building on that and I'm delighted to be able to take my music out to the people on a live basis.

Source: http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2010/10/max_weinberg_interview_conan_obrien_big_band_alton_illinois_review_october_21_2010.php

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
β€œHe's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Page created in 0.363 seconds with 30 queries.