A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: English lanuage - questions and answers  (Read 2994 times)

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
Re: English lanuage - questions and answers
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 06:40:10 AM »

I see. I'll go with: If you are a novice, the movie will help you love and understand opera. If you are an expert, you might appreciate seeing some aspects of opera in a totally different light.

The movie's author agreed with you too. And he said it is just his habit and style to write things sometimes without going deep into details. Your variant is more appropriate for people who visit my website.

Thank you very much, Barry!  :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:42:06 AM by Dmitry »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 09:05:43 PM »

You're welcome, Dmitry.  I'm happy to help.  Your final version is well-written and comes directly to the point.

Barry
I can stay till it's time to go

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »

Could you correct the text please? I mean remove mistakes  2ch

This website is on opera only. It contains libretto in different languages including line-by-line translations, a little information on composers and operas, pictures and links. I do my best to make this website well organized and useful for all opera lovers.
The website is continually growing: new composers, operas and librettos are coming; new site features are being added.

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 04:40:46 AM »

Could you correct the text please? I mean remove mistakes  2ch

This website is on opera only. It contains libretto in different languages including line-by-line translations, a little information on composers and operas, pictures and links. I do my best to make this website well organized and useful for all opera lovers.
The website is continually growing: new composers, operas and librettos are coming; new site features are being added.

This website is about opera only. It contains librettos in different languages with line-by-line translations, some information about composers and operas, as well as pictures and links. I will do my best to make this website well organized and useful for all opera lovers. The website will continually grow, with new composers, operas, librettos and features added regularly.

This is how I would do it but maybe Kathy, our resident editor will see it and have some better suggestions.
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Around The Beatles

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2012, 12:57:40 AM »

This website is about opera only. It contains librettos in different languages with line-by-line translations, some information about composers and operas, as well as pictures and links. I will do my best to make this website well organized and useful for all opera lovers. The website will continually grow, with new composers, operas, librettos and features added regularly.

This is how I would do it but maybe Kathy, our resident editor will see it and have some better suggestions.

That sounds just about perfect, Kelley.  :)  I might use focuses on instead of is about in the interest of using a stronger verb (i.e., "This website focuses on opera only"), because I always had "Use strong verbs!" drilled into me, but your rewording is basically perfect.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2012, 05:32:22 AM »

Thank you very much, ladies!!!

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »

Thank you very much, ladies!!!

You're welcome.  :)
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Around The Beatles

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »

Yes, you're very welcome!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.622 seconds with 26 queries.