Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: “We All Shine On” an interview with Yoko Ono on John Lennon’s art + 1  (Read 566 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

genemyers
February 16, 2012
“We All Shine On” an interview with Yoko Ono on John Lennon’s art

Yoko Ono knows what it’s like to have people second guess her work because of who she is. Many who are unfamiliar with her success in ability as a visual artist.“Many people still consider him not a very professionally valuable artist. I’d really like to say that you should get what you can from John’s work because it’s really unique and beautiful,” Ono said. “There’s a spirit shining in it.”And it’s naysayers like that she’s vowed to campaign against. It was a promise she made to Lennon before he died.When John passed away I realized that both of us were artists and we wanted to communicate with the world. John can no more in a way, so I wanted to make sure that his work would be communicated. That is my pledge to John,” she said.

http://genemyers.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/we-all-shine-on-an-interview-with-yoko-ono-on-john-lennons-art/

The Go Guide
February 17, 2012
Yoko Ono: Come together with John Lennon art

Yoko Ono calls from the kitchen of her Manhattan home. Her voice is small but words tumble out at a New York pace, like an overturned box of nuts and bolts and deck screws.She is “up to my neck” in projects, she admits, “but we don’t talk about my things, we talk about John’s work.” And for the next few minutes, her voice softens into a graceful glide. After 20 years of talking about it, Ono has lost none of her affection for the touring exhibition “Remember Love: The Artwork of John Lennon.”

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/thingstodo/2012/02/yoko_ono_come_together_with_jo.html

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:12:00 PM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 32 queries.