Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Singles on albums  (Read 1762 times)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Singles on albums
« on: January 28, 2005, 02:26:04 PM »

I've always had the upmost respect for the way the Beatles chose (and were able to) release albums without having to include recent singles (except in obvious cases)
But I've always wondered.....
I would happily drop a couple of songs (Good day sunshine and George's Indian thing) off Revolver to include Paperback Writer and Rain. i think the album would be better off for it0

And dropping Goodnight to close The White Album with Hey Jude! That big fade out would have made the perfect ending.
don't follow leaders
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Singles on albums
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 02:33:20 PM »

^ That's a good shout Kev. I would go with that, though I like 'Good Day Sunshine'  but being replaced by PAperback Writer would have made that album even greater than it's already greatness. lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 12:51:55 AM »

Quote from: 185
[...]
And dropping Goodnight to close The White Album with Hey Jude! That big fade out would have made the perfect ending.

It would have been a amazing end for the double album indeed!  :)

ShesCominDownFastYesSheIs

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 10:09:55 PM »

Quote from: 185

I've always thought that Hey Jude instead of Revolution 9 would be cool. and then you could still have Good Night as the closer.

but on the other hand, Revolution 9 oddly fits the diversity of the White Album and Hey Jude stands fine on it's own as a single.
It's great...it sold...it's the bloody Beatles' White Album, shut up

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 10:32:46 PM »

Quote from: 532
I've always thought that Hey Jude instead of Revolution 9 would be cool. and then you could still have Good Night as the closer.

but on the other hand, Revolution 9 oddly fits the diversity of the White Album and Hey Jude stands fine on it's own as a single.

Hey Jude (so mainstream in its own way) and Revolution 9 (so avant-grade or whatever it is that) were very long themes for that time andd I guess you and me are not the only ones that have had fun imagining the inclusion of the first in The White Album ... but your second remark it's very true too ... divercity of the album would be ruined somehow with Hey Jude and Goodnight at the end ...

I wish they would have released Revolution (single version) in the album and (if tey wanted to  ::)) release the album version as the B-side of their single ... why? people than are not fan have to go to the Past Masters (forexample) to listen to the distortionated guitars of Revolution ... it's like the usual question: in which album is She Loves You?   :-/

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 47 queries.