A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 78349 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #820 on: February 11, 2014, 05:27:14 AM »

It certainly was a bit different then, Mairi.  Imagine what it was like being a fan back in 1964 when we didn't know what was ahead with Rubber Soul, Revolver, and so on.  Each new LP release was a quantum leap forward.  And it seemed that civilization followed with clothing, music and hair.
I can stay till it's time to go
GEMM is your best source for impossible-to-find !

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #821 on: February 11, 2014, 09:14:18 AM »

Welcome all newbies!

RZ

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #822 on: February 11, 2014, 04:42:32 PM »

It certainly was a bit different then, Mairi.  Imagine what it was like being a fan back in 1964 when we didn't know what was ahead with Rubber Soul, Revolver, and so on.  Each new LP release was a quantum leap forward.  And it seemed that civilization followed with clothing, music and hair.

It was a very strange time in the late 60's early 70's.  When The Beatles broke America, it was like a new awakening.  I was just a child but it made me want to learn to play drums, then guitar, then bass and keys.  My parents bought me "Beatles Boots" one year for Christmas.  I wanted to grow my hair, but in high school we had to participate in ROTC (playing army).  But my senior year, I never cut my hair again.  By my sophomore year in college, my hair was touching my shoulders.  I wanted to be like The Beatles.  With every new year came a new Beatles album.  I couldn't wait to buy it.  I still have them all.  Sgt Peppers was released in 67 and completely knocked me out.  First time one song blended in to another.  Everyone was talking about it.   I was still a young high school student and in a band.  We played more Beatles songs than anything else.

For me I'm glad to see the next generation still enjoying The Beatles.  My kids had no choice but to love them since I played Beatles albums pretty much every day.  It is such a pleasure to find others still recognizing The Beatles for what they brought to this planet.  They changed music forever! 

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #823 on: February 12, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »

Welcome RZ! Like others have said it's great to get to know people who got to experience Beatlemania and all the rest firsthand.
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Kagome

• A Beginning
  • Recording Engineer Toshiba EMI & Capitol EMI
« Reply #824 on: March 12, 2014, 10:39:02 PM »

I work For Toshiba EMI & Capitol EMI And Older Sister love the Beatles too when I was growing up
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]

Page created in 0.524 seconds with 27 queries.