Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Beatles References in modern shows  (Read 110916 times)

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
Re: Beatles References in modern shows
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2008, 12:57:22 AM »

Quote from: 1553
Don't know if this has been posted before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiTsULG6iVQ

It is impossible to name all the Beatles' referances in that show. You ultimatley win! But, did anyone nitice that at :28 in the video, the hammer on the table says 'Dr. Maxwell'?

Okay, I've got a referance. In an episode of Two And a Half Men, Berta's granddaughter comes to visit and her name is Prudence. When Charlie tells her that he is not in a band, she says "I dated a bands' bassist once. He wrote a song for me. It's called 'Dear Prudence."
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2008, 12:46:38 AM »

In Bevis & Butthead Do America Give Peace A Chance is mentioned

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2008, 01:42:47 AM »

^^ I think your right, I love that movie  ;D  I'm going to have to watch it now, haven't watched it in ages.
<br />

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2008, 11:39:40 PM »

In history today the teacher had us watch 'Shrek the Halls' don't ask why, I myself think we're just a tad too old for that. Anyway, when the choir in the show was singing Handel's Messiah, instead of singing 'Halleluah! Halleluah!' it sounded a heck of a lot like 'Paul is dead now! Paul is dead now!'.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2008, 11:45:45 PM »

Quote from: 1657
In history today the teacher had us watch 'Shrek the Halls' don't ask why, I myself think we're just a tad too old for that. Anyway, when the choir in the show was singing Handel's Messiah, instead of singing 'Halleluah! Halleluah!' it sounded a heck of a lot like 'Paul is dead now! Paul is dead now!'.

Oh that's a whole new thread!! ;D

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2008, 03:10:14 AM »

That is too funny!  
<br />

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2008, 06:58:14 PM »

I didn't feel like putting it in 'Paul is Dead'. It is a clue, though.

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2008, 05:30:37 AM »

They had a Beatles reference on Whose Line Is It Anyway, when Drew was introducing the performers in the beginning of the show... they even mentioned Anytime At All, yay :)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2008, 09:56:38 PM »

There`s a TV program here called Comedy Club. It`s like the US stand-up-comedy (?) or the British show with Russell Brand. It is very funny and very popular, the comedians are young guys, witty and breaking the accepted norms. So, they were showing two olygarhs during the current financial crisis speaking to each other, pointing out how rich they were before the crisis that they could afford to do this and that. Among other things one said: I used to be so rich that the very Paul McCartney sang to me! And the other, always having to say something to outdo his counterpart, said: And I used to be so rich that... that...John Lennon himself sang to me! Then they paid for their Big Mac and went off.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2008, 05:14:12 AM »

;D
<br />

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2008, 09:18:28 PM »

For me this is something! Some jazz and the Beatles music are played in Chaikovsky Concert Hall on the New Year eve! This is great: the Beatles melodies in the finest classical Concert Hall of the capital!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2009, 08:00:59 PM »

There`s a show here called The Club of the Funniest and the Wittiest - KVN - where teams of students from universities from different towns compete for the title of the Best. So one team made fun of pop-music, showing different "stars" in a very funny-silly way. They ended their episode, wishing such stars would vanish and showing a big poster which wrote: Give Peace A Chance, John Lennon, but, actually read: Give World A Chance. The fact is that the words Peace and World are pronounced in the same way in Russian: (MI:R) -

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2009, 02:04:54 AM »

Season opener of Scrubs, when the new chief of medicine comes in JD pictures her walking in all sexy and there's an almost punk version of I Wanna Be Your Man playing

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2009, 02:12:43 AM »

In this show, The Soup, the host guy, Joel McHale, was talking about how he thought that Al Roker, the weather guy from The Today Show here in the US, was high. Then, Joel said 'Lucy in the sky with donuts!" because Al Roker is kind of... on the larger side.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2009, 06:05:33 AM »

Quote from: 1393
There`s a show here called The Club of the Funniest and the Wittiest - KVN - where teams of students from universities from different towns compete for the title of the Best. So one team made fun of pop-music, showing different "stars" in a very funny-silly way. They ended their episode, wishing such stars would vanish and showing a big poster which wrote: Give Peace A Chance, John Lennon, but, actually read: Give World A Chance. The fact is that the words Peace and World are pronounced in the same way in Russian: (MI:R) -

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »

Apparently they show the Beatles on Ed Sullivan in Benjamin Button. Which I still haven't seen! Beatles' music seems to be showing up more and more in movies these days. Does this mean they're loosening the reigns? Uh oh.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2009, 08:22:14 PM »

Quote from: 596
Ha!
Wow KVN is still going! (shock) I remember watching it and not getting any of it! ;D

Yeah, Kalie! KVN is still going but it has become more of a show. Then the best, who are non-professionals, enter Comedy Club and become popular comedians. The good side of it is that those are young guys whose humour is fresh and daring.

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2009, 11:52:40 PM »

Quote from: 216
Apparently they show the Beatles on Ed Sullivan in Benjamin Button. Which I still haven't seen! Beatles' music seems to be showing up more and more in movies these days. Does this mean they're loosening the reigns? Uh oh.

it was and Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchette danced to Twist and Shout. it was great. I wanted to sing but I had to keep quite in the theatre. :P

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2009, 04:06:19 PM »

Theres this funny comedy show I like called Dear Green Place and one of the episodes is called Beetlemania and one character talks about The Beatles and the other chracter replies 'I've heard of them A Half Day's Night is it?' in aother episode the same character wears a Lennon tshirt that I have  ;D

fan numero uno

• A Thousand Pages
  • they love me, they love me a lot. they love me....
« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2009, 12:18:31 AM »

There is an episode of the Powepuff Girls (i used to watch it all the time when i was little!) called Meet the Beat Alls. i couldnt find the episode on youtube, but here is the dialogue. the whole thing is a Beatles reference!

http://www.rowdyruff.net/transcript_mtba.shtml
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Page created in 0.402 seconds with 91 queries.