Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Beatles Videos  (Read 5628 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Beatles Videos
« on: September 29, 2006, 06:28:28 AM »

On YouTube there's a video of Hello Goodbye where they are wearing their regular clothes as opposed to the video on Anthology with their Sgt. Pepper uniforms. Where did this come from???? Where can I get it? Anyone know? I watch Hello Goodbye constantly. I would die to have this version on DVD or video. And while we're at it, can anyone tell me of any other videos that I might be missing out on?? I can't believe the Beatles have ceased to be a band for 36 years and I'm still finding out about new songs and videos. How awesome is that. They really left a wealth of material for a band that was only together for short time. Well, short compared to most bands I guess. Anyway, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

:) :)

Bobber

Re: Beatles Videos
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 07:10:26 AM »

I have three version on my dvd's with rare promotion clips (recently c/pied for pc31!) One with the Sgt Peppers customes all the way, one with regular clothes and one with both, in which they're fooling around on the stage. I'll try to upload them. Hold on.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 09:05:59 AM »

Sandra, I'll tell you what. PM me your home address and I'll send you a c/py on dvd.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 09:40:09 AM »

Isn't the video on Anthology a mixture of all three?

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 10:43:12 AM »

Yes.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 04:42:21 PM »

Quote from: 63
Sandra, I'll tell you what. PM me your home address and I'll send you a c/py on dvd.

That's so awesome. You guys rule. I had no idea there were three versions. I'm gonna be in heaven.  :D

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 05:14:18 PM »

The serious one where they pretend to sing was done mainly for English TV since the musicians' union said they should have live paid musicians.
They went to all that trouble and the BBC didn't show it anyway!
All the British now love the Beatles because they're part of the 'good old days', but in the sixties they often gave them a hard time.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 05:31:33 PM »

Quote from: 216
I'm gonna be in heaven.  :D

You will indeed!  I also have that Beatles Promo Clips DVD and the original versions are fun to watch.  My DVD has about four or five different takes.

The version I saw in fall of 1967 on the Ed Sullivan Show was the one where they were dressed in their Sgt Peppers gear
I can stay till it's time to go

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 06:26:45 PM »

Quote from: 410
All the British now love the Beatles because they're part of the 'good old days', but in the sixties they often gave them a hard time.

Could you explain your theory :)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 08:04:46 AM »

Well it's nostalgia.You remember only the good stuff and forget the rest.
One national newspaper decribed Lennon as a guttersnipe in an editorial, I don't quite remember why.McCartney was berated for telling the truth and saying he had taken LSD.George's house was raided the day Paul got married.The White Album was criticised because of one small photo of Paul naked in his bathroom.And of course Magical Mystery Tour was crucified.All this in their home country!
But now people just remember the swinging sixties and what a good time was had by all.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 09:48:37 AM »

Didn't George say "only Britain hates the Beatles"?
But to be fair, the drug busts were part of a bigger establishment assault on rock stars in general. The Stones got hit hard too.
Paul saying he took LSD was fair enough for criticism. Even though it wasn't illegal it was still recognised as dangerous. A rock star would still be criticised (rightly) for saying the same thing today.
MMT just wasn't very good.
I think rather than anti- Beatles, the British press was more anti-rock. (with the fabulous exception of The Times bless them.) Popstars were so much more pallatabler when they wree nonthreatening, wore suits and performed like monkeys for the press.
don't follow leaders

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 10:10:02 AM »

Quote from: 185
Didn't George say "only Britain hates the Beatles"?
But to be fair, the drug busts were part of a bigger establishment assault on rock stars in general. The Stones got hit hard too.

I never said they didn't.But the Stones were kind of expected to behave badly, not the Beatles.So the venom unleashed on the Beatles was more corrosive.
Now, of course, Sir Paul and Sir Mick are highly respected members of the community!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 10:57:33 AM »

.But the Stones were kind of expected to behave badly, not the Beatles.So the venom unleashed on the Beatles was more corrosive.

True. But then Paul shouldn't have gone on national tv and told the world he took drugs.
Are you sure the  "unleashing venom" bit isn't a bit harsh? A little example maybe? (all in the interests of good natured  hearty debate of course  :) )
don't follow leaders

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 11:57:35 AM »

True. But then Paul shouldn't have gone on national tv and told the world he took drugs.

Why?
Are you saying he shouldn't have taken LSD?
(Too bad, he didn't ask your permission).
Or are you saying that he could do what he liked but shouldn't have said anything?
(So he becomes a dishonest hypocrite).

I think maybe a little bit of that venom is still around...

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 01:32:55 PM »

No. I'm saying that you can't go on national TV and say you take drugs, and then say Britain hates you because the police start sniffing around.
I'm also saying that any rock star would come under criticism (rightly or wrongly, then or now, in the UK or US) for saying what Paul said. This was a counter to your point that The Beatles were coming in for unfair criticism by the british, not an exploration of Paul's morales. :)

And MMT deserved the bad reviews. Paul apologised the next day. Hardly examples of British "venom" wouldn't you say?
don't follow leaders

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 02:30:09 PM »

This is what I originally said and I still believe it's true.I didn't  compare them to the Stones or anyone else then or now.

As for Paul and 'drugs'.he didn't say 'I take drugs', he said 'I took LSD' which you've said yourself was not illegal so could be discussed.
Because he was a Beatle he was then told he had too much influence on the youth and should shut up.Questions were asked in Parliament etc.
I think Paul was right to tell the truth and the reaction was absurdly over the top.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 02:53:59 PM »

I think Paul was right to tell the truth and the reaction was absurdly over the top.

To put it in context though, this was the year that The Times saw fit to run an editorial codemning the Stones drug sentences as being due to their celebrity status, and the year Jagger was interviewed on World In Action to explain why youth was in rebellion. Pauls comment was made in a climate of general hysteria over youth and drugs . It was bound to provoke a response, and if that response seems over the top now, well, they were over the top times.
don't follow leaders

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 03:24:38 PM »

well, they were over the top times.

So, in fact, you're agreeing with me that they weren't the good old days.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 03:28:53 PM »

So, in fact, you're agreeing with me that they weren't the good old days.

Ha ha. Very good. It definately wasn't all roses. no. But then again, never said it was.
That was fun.
don't follow leaders

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 04:40:11 PM »

And I'm still angry with the BBC for not showing that Hello Goodbye clip and showing some Hard Day's Night footage instead. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 1.249 seconds with 80 queries.