Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Sean and Julian...  (Read 23576 times)

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Re: Sean and Julian...
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 09:21:45 AM »

Ah, thanks for the extra pictures and clarification.....I just listened to some Sean Lennon stuff on Rhapsody......I'm not really fond of his stuff.....seems a bit too light without going anywhere....reminds me of Paul McCartney......I've got Julian on right now.....he sounds A LOT like John, but the songs don't interest me too much, although they are semi remniscent of John's final works.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Runforyourlife

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 05:59:22 PM »

Yeah, I didn't know who that girl was either. I just saw it on some other board and decided to post it, though I did think to myself that she looked rather trampy, though her outfit in this pic of the link you posted isn't too bad...

But anyway...thanks Rowdy for actually saying something about their music. What songs were you listening to? I agree that Sean's music is very light. But its also very intricate and melodic. Julian's music is more adult-contemporary I guess. But he does a lot of ballads and such.

Well, I guess I'll just talk about Sean because I prefer him...

Has anyone heard his song "Paper Plane"? Please go and download it and tell me what you think, if its possible. Absolutely marvelous song. Love it.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 07:17:23 PM »

Did anyone at least see Sean perform "This Boy" or "Julia" at the John Lennon "Come Together" concert...I'd like to hear some comments.

I really think Sean is very talented. I listen to his songs and, at first, you hear them and they go right through you because its so poppy and bouncy and happy-sounding, much like the Beach Boys- who I actually don't care for. But after listening for awhile, I just can't get enough of it.

I've asked myself if its some subconscious affair where I'm actually making myself like Sean because he's John's boy. But then I realize I'm not that nutty for Julian, or any of my other fave rock star's kid's stuff. My appreciation of Sean is completely 100% sincere. On top of that, I'd see him live again any day.

He's supposedly coming out with a new album this year, but there isn't much news. The only news they ever have about him is mundane crap about all the girls he's sleeping around with. Nasty little male whore. But that's alright. He's young and everything...just as long as it doesn't sidetrack him for too long.

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2004, 11:28:16 PM »

I like both of the boys in moderation. I liked some of Seans stuff on Into the sun, but too much of it will give you a migraine.  I like Julian some too, but he has a tendency to get a bit drab.  But he does sound quite a bit like John.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2004, 02:24:32 AM »

I think this would be my top 10 for Julian:

1. Cold
 2. Valotte
 3. Day After Day
 4. Too Late for Goodbyes
 5. Cole's Song
 6. Kiss Beyond the Catcher
 7. Take Me Home
 8. Say You're Wrong
 9. I Get Up
10. Photograph Smile

And then SEAN:

1. Happiness
 2. Mystery Juice
 3. Heart and Lung
 4. Paper Plane
 5. Spaceship
 6. Into the Sun
 7. Queue
 8. One Night
 9. Bathtub
10. Dream

Well...that's for today. :)

I'm kind of sad no one really knows much about their music and this topic has basically been me continually posting to myself, but oh well.

Perhaps the people who do know their songs can share what songs they like by each or what not.

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2004, 03:21:35 AM »

Too Late For Goodbyes.  Great song.  That's it.

Never heard Sean, can't help you.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2004, 10:21:37 AM »

Vallote was the Julian album that I was listening to...the title song was definitely the highlight....probably because it seemed a bit more removed from John's stuff....I swear I heard something on that album late last night that was just like "Cleanup Time"...I listened to the first few tracks of Sean's release, I had a bit of trouble distinguishing one from the next though...I would say that what I heard of both artists was good, but not good enough for me to want to listen to again and all......Julian is the greater talent in my opinion, although Sean's work is definitely the more experimental of the two...wouldn't it be cool if we got some sort of Dhani/Zak/Sean/ "Does Paul Have a musically inclined son around their age"? Band....

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Bacchus

• A Beginning
  • I've got a feeling
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2004, 12:13:11 PM »

Julian definitely is a chip of the old block,lot's of his father in him.As for Sean i haven't really heard much of his material but i'm a little leery of any spawn of yoko,lol.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2004, 04:55:39 PM »

Well, like I said, people have their preconceived notions about Sean because he's Yoko's kid. But Yoko still remains a fascinating artist to me. Just because she's not your thing doesn't mean you have to cast her out as untalented.

I HOPE when Sean does release his album that he does some publicity or something. He seems kind of uncommercial in that way, but it would help so people outside of myself, and a few others who actually know his music, can get to hear it and make up their minds- hopefuly without any biases.

Here's a new pic of Sean from the other day, with some girl.

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2004, 11:43:27 PM »

I Love Valotte, though often times I forget about it. And INTO THE SUN is my favorite Sean song

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2004, 03:23:10 PM »

[quote by=Runforyourlife link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1087057116,s=22 date=1087240643] Did anyone at least see Sean perform "This Boy" or "Julia" at the John Lennon "Come Together" concert...I'd like to hear some comments.

[/quote]

I have that Come Together concert on dvd and I really liked Sean's performances.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2004, 07:27:55 PM »

I just found out that the title of one of Sean's new songs is "Dead Meat" or something like that. I'll check to find any new info. I'll come back periodically with any new news I find on either Sean or Julian. :)

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2004, 02:15:23 PM »

I just heard some songs by Julian and one by Sean, and I think they both are talented. Julian reminds me of his dad more though, but Sean's not far away. But really, think about it, they're John's sons, I think it was a given that they'd get some talent, John had enough to pass some along.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2004, 02:30:51 AM »

Ringorama, what songs did you hear by both?

It's nice that some people are kind of replying to this topic even though there's really nothing specific being said (besides my langorous posts). I think Julian's got a voice very similar to his dad's, and I think his best album is by far Photograph Smile. He's a wonderful songwriter.

I was looking to see if I could find any more of the songs that may be on Sean's new album and I found out another song that may be on there is called "Freaking Out." So that's "Dead Meat" and "Freaking Out" and...I have no idea about any others. He is being awful quiet about his album, considering he finished it back in February and said it would be out in about 6 months. But I really doubt it. He's now signed to Capitol Records, while before he was signed to some indie-label, I think the Beatie Boys' label. So the album might be more "commercial"- which may be a bummer to me. I don't know. I'm just happy to hear anything new. :)

ringorama

• A Beginning
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2004, 03:35:38 AM »

I've heard "Saltwater" and "Too Late for Goodbyes" by Julian and "Happiness" and "Jealous Guy" by Sean. (I did some more looking for songs by Sean cause I liked what I heard).

I'm excited to see a new album by Sean. Thanks for the info on it!

Runforyourlife

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2004, 11:31:06 PM »

I've never heard "Jealous Guy" by Sean. Sounds interesting. I'll go look for it. Do you have a preference between Julian or Sean or you just like them both?

Hey, I'm happy to share any info I find on either of them for anyone who cares. :)

ringorama

• A Beginning
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2004, 06:50:37 PM »

[quote by=Runforyourlife link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1087057116,s=35 date=1087947066]Do you have a preference between Julian or Sean or you just like them both?[/quote]

I prefer Sean actually, I dono why, I just like Sean's voice.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2004, 11:09:58 PM »

Wow! That's great to hear. I won't boggle you down with my Sean ranting, though, because you're probably a new fan of his and I don't want to turn you off by going on and on about him. But I will say that I just love his voice, his musical abilities, and his personality. I like Julian as well, too, but not nearly as much as I like Sean. :)

I'll definitely update on any news I hear or read now that there is actually someone who likes Sean here besides myself. :)

Runforyourlife

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2004, 07:09:01 PM »

Check out this pic I found. Its old I guess, but it shows John and his two sons and I guess it was attached to some article- which I have no idea about because I just found it on google. :) I think it would have to be from 1998, though.

ringorama

• A Beginning
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2004, 12:26:32 AM »

[quote by=Runforyourlife link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1087057116,s=37 date=1088204998] Wow! That's great to hear. I won't boggle you down with my Sean ranting, though, because you're probably a new fan of his and I don't want to turn you off by going on and on about him. But I will say that I just love his voice, his musical abilities, and his personality.[/quote]

No, it's fine, I don't know too much about Sean and I've been searching for all I can try and find of him. Do you have any songs to recomend? I'm trying to find more songs and it's not that easy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 72 queries.