Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: yoko shoots down another lennon movie  (Read 1245 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
yoko shoots down another lennon movie
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:47:42 PM »

The first screening of a John Lennon documentary "Three Days in The Life" was cancelled yesterday due to threats of legal action by Yoko Ono.

"Three Days in the Life" uses film shot two months before the Beatles split in 1970, and Lennon is seen composing songs and rehearsing for a BBC Show where he performs "Instant Karma" for the first time.

Executive producer of the docufilm, Ray Thomas, bought the film footage in 2000 for a cool $1 million from Ono's former husband Tony Cox, and Ono retains a copyright interest.

"Three Days In The Life" has been kept simple by the docufilm makers with no comentary or scripted actions added.

The free screening was set up at Berwick Academy private school in Maine because Ono refused to let the film be released, claiming a 'breach of copyright.' Thomas believes free screenings at US schools would be an alternative, however Ono's lawyers have sent a written warning that she would sue if the screening took place.

Hap Ridgway, the school's headmaster has said: "What we've learned since it all broke loose is that it's a long-running dispute."

They still plan to screen the film, saying the documentary provides a unique insight into Lennon's creative process.

wot a b****!!! >:(

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: yoko shoots down another lennon movie
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 02:47:59 AM »

John looks hot in that pic. So I wonder what Yoko's motivation in stopping this movie is? She must come off looking like a real b**** in it or why would she care. Just a theory. I wish I could see it.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 03:11:36 AM »

i love the dobro he is holding looks like the dylan influence some what stayed with him....lookie lookie a link.....
http://www.3daysinthelife.com/

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 03:20:30 AM »

not just a screening but a free screening was blocked....

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 03:31:12 AM »

Okay well now I see why she might not want this released:

"John and Yoko are sitting with a convicted murderer, talking about embezzling funds out of Apple, and smoking hash onscreen in front of their kids.

"It's language and behavior you've never seen from them before," he added. "But they're both brilliant."

She looks like a corpse in that one pic. Eww. I'd kill to see him rehearsing Mind Games though. Especially with his cool buzz cut. Nice.

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 07:52:02 AM »

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 07:46:18 AM »

Doh!

:B

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 43 queries.