Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: Memory Almost Full  (Read 26991 times)

BlueMeanie

Re: Memory Almost Full
« Reply #560 on: February 21, 2008, 08:20:46 PM »

Quote from: 596

and they are...?

Not very good!

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #561 on: February 21, 2008, 10:31:28 PM »

Haha! i like that answer.  ;D

But they are called...?

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #562 on: February 22, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »

The bonus tracks are pretty good in my opinion! Especially Why So Blue.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #563 on: February 22, 2008, 09:23:36 PM »

Agree wingsman it should have been on the album , it's one of his better later songs  :)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #564 on: February 23, 2008, 04:12:36 PM »

Quote from: 713
The bonus tracks are pretty good in my opinion! Especially Why So Blue.

yeah, that instead of Gratitude, maybe?  ::)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #565 on: February 25, 2008, 02:44:18 PM »

Quote from: 614

yeah, that instead of Gratitude, maybe?  ::)

"Gratitude" is great! The weakest tracks from the album are, in my opinion, "Dance Tonight" and "See Your Sunshine".  :)
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #566 on: February 25, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »

"Gratitude" is great! The weakest tracks from the album are, in my opinion, "Dance Tonight" and "See Your Sunshine".  :)

two of may favs on the album, but we can't all agree i suppose.. :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #567 on: June 04, 2008, 01:51:46 PM »

BlueMeanie

« Reply #568 on: June 04, 2008, 02:02:17 PM »

My God, has it only been a year!

I'm waiting for the 10th anniversary special edition microchip version. You stick it in your ear, and it plays non-stop until you blow your nose and fire it out at 700 mph!

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #569 on: June 04, 2008, 03:56:37 PM »

Quote from: 483

I'm waiting for the 10th anniversary special edition microchip version. You stick it in your ear, and it plays non-stop until you blow your nose and fire it out at 700 mph!

If I didn't know better I'd say that Alfred in your avatar is about to do the same!

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #570 on: June 04, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »

2007 • JUNE 4 • 2008
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEMORY ALMOST FULL!

One year already, I can't believe it! This album it was so special to me. The first Paul album I was aware during its release. When "Chaos" came out, I remember it a little, but with MAF I follow the entire project - the recording news, the single news ("Ever Present Past" or "Dance Tonight", an unforgettable question I get for many days...), the day of the album release (of course, I made my own MAF party at home, playing the album 24 hours a day, as in Starbucks! LOL), the exciting when I read that it could have been his first #1 album in 26 years, and then... the dissapointment when I saw it reaching "only" #3... Of course, I also remember the great news of being certified Platinum... And the gigs, and the interviews, and the fantastic critics, and the promotion, the videos, the posters, and that awful chair (LOL), and that awful pink Book Antiqua font, and that awful booklet with the sentence "for all the words go to... (go to hell!)", and the 12 special editions, and the free paper copies, and the Heather scandal sorrounding the entire project.... And last, but not least, the songs, the great songs, the weak ones (DT...), the medley, the rock feel of the album... All of that memories... I'm so thankful for all of that...
Wingsman, that was the greatest summary of the MAF release ever! :)

I'm going to order this special edition microchip version. Some things absolutely must be experienced...
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #571 on: June 04, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »

It's a year already since MAF was released , thats gone quick (afraid5)
 lovely summary of what it ment to you wingsman (rolling4)
A year on it's still a great album , but now the dust as settled i don't think it's  as good overall as  " Chaos and Creation In The Backyard " .
Although i still think  " Mr Bellamy " is one of his top songs ever .
 " Dance Tonight " is ok they like it in my supper market it's always been played in their .
Can't wait for the microchip version  (jumping)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #572 on: June 04, 2008, 09:26:55 PM »

Happy Birthday MAF! 1 year already, i can't believe it! still sounding great & remains a personal
favourite! god knows how many times i've listened to it, more than Chaos anyway!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #573 on: June 05, 2008, 01:08:26 AM »

'MAF' has a place with me too,,,,,,by 'McCartney 2' and George's 'Gone Troppo' collecting dust. One of Pauls weakest albums in my opinion.

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #574 on: June 05, 2008, 02:05:41 AM »

Quote from: 483

In 10 years the album will be totally forgotten, at least Paul, he's memory will be really full then...

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #575 on: June 05, 2008, 02:12:50 AM »

Quote from: 971
lovely summary of what it ment to you wingsman (rolling4)
A year on it's still a great album , but now the dust as settled i don't think it's  as good overall as  " Chaos and Creation In The Backyard " .  (jumping)

Thanks. And you're probably right about the comparison with "Chaos"... I mean, "Chaos" is a really polished album, amazingly well produced. But, when I listen to it, I say... well, were are the rocks??? It's almost a love songs album... Paul was putting slow tunes on an album as never before with Chaos. 10 ballads, 4 uptempo tracks... In that sense I prefer MAF.

The biggest problem with MAF is not the compositions, even not the producing, is the engineering/mastering... it sounds ALL TOO LOUD. Just put Chaos in your CD (or PC) player and then MAF... The latter was released 2 years after Chaos, and sounds much louder. Engineers must stop this politics of super loud masters because we can appreciate the real live recording of the tracks. I mean, did anybody noticed the click sounds on "House of War" or in Paul's voice on some tracks of MAF?? It's quite scary actually...

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #576 on: June 05, 2008, 11:00:09 AM »

House Of War !!! Lol very funny typo wingsman , but so true with Heather in the House Of Wax  (rolling3)
I think your right though about the engineering/mastering  of MAF , i did'nt notice it to much when i first got the album , but i've been playing Chaos a lot recently and when you compare the two albums MAF does sound louder .

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #577 on: June 05, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »

Quote from: 971
House Of War !!! Lol very funny typo wingsman , but so true with Heather in the House Of Wax  (rolling3)
I think your right though about the engineering/mastering  of MAF , i did'nt notice it to much when i first got the album , but i've been playing Chaos a lot recently and when you compare the two albums MAF does sound louder .

It was a mistake! Sorry! Hehe
MAF sounds louder to death... REALLY REALLY loud.

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #578 on: September 14, 2008, 07:35:35 PM »

Memory is easily in McCartney's top three best albums ever!  I will always listen to this masterful album, McCartney just keeps getting better and better!

Already looking forward to the next one, as long as it isn't that Fireman stuff!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 78 queries.