Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: There's A Place  (Read 3312 times)

There's A Place
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:28:56 AM »

Quote from: 297

Yeah, he knew how he wanted it to sound ... much better than Little Child, Hold Me Tight and all that stuff ... those were worse fillers than There's A Place or Misery, for example ...

There's A Place? Filler? You are a fool.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

raxo

• Sun King
Re: There's A Place
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 08:05:13 AM »

Quote from: 724
There's A Place? Filler? You are a fool.
I guess you already knew what you are before you begun to suspech what are the others ... thanks for your contribution. By the way, this thread is titled "George's First Great Song" and you're off   topic.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 08:44:56 AM »

I guess you already knew what you are before you begun to suspech what are the others ... thanks for your contribution. By the way, this thread is titled "George's First Great Song" and you're off   topic.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 09:31:25 AM »

I guess you already knew what you are before you begun to suspech what are the others ... thanks for your contribution. By the way, this thread is titled "George's First Great Song" and you're off topic.

yeah you made your point mister roxa. but masteroffaster is right. theres a place is surely not a filler. in fact and im sure you know that it was the first song they recorded for the album. if it was really a filler i suspect they would record it later somehow. they must have been eager to play this song and let mr martin have a listen to it.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 12:27:25 PM »

Quote from: 748
yeah you made your point mister roxa. but masteroffaster is right. theres a place is surely not a filler. in fact and im sure you know that it was the first song they recorded for the album. if it was really a filler i suspect they would record it later somehow. they must have been eager to play this song and let mr martin have a listen to it.
We're going off topic, I'm afraid  ::) ... but what it's cretainly not a filler is Twist And Shout ... they all knew it (the group and Sir George too) and they recorded it at the end of the day so I can't see your point ... was There's A Place just a "warm-up" song for that recording session? ... please, don't answer this question because it's an off-topic question ...

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 12:30:16 PM »

again, you made your point raxo. grow up. they recorded twist and shout at the end of the day because they knew it would ruin johns throat. you knew that.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 12:36:15 PM »

again, you made your point raxo. grow up. they recorded twist and shout at the end of the day because they knew it would ruin johns throat. you knew that.
Yes, obviously ... you want to be right but you've got no evidences: so the order of the recording is important but it's not ... grow up ... and go on topic, please ...

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 12:39:55 PM »

just because mark lewisohn said it you wont believe it? and you dont believe george martin what he said about twist and shout? on topic? who cares?

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 12:43:34 PM »

[...]on topic? who cares?
Somebody, it seems ... so I'm not going to go on with this off topic thing ...

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 12:46:42 PM »

because you know your facts are not correct

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 01:05:13 PM »

Just ignore it Swine, that is what we are all told to do.

Bungalow Bill

• A Beginning
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 04:04:40 PM »

This track is a gem! It seemed so simple the first few time i heard it.. but it's really different than the rest of that album. I was listening to the track and i was blown away with the bridge "in my mind there's no sorrow don't you know that it's true..." part it seemed a real indication of where they would go later on
<br /><br />The All Knower of 1 Second Song Clips

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 05:20:11 PM »

Quote from: 597
This track is a gem! It seemed so simple the first few time i heard it.. but it's really different than the rest of that album. I was listening to the track and i was blown away with the bridge "in my mind there's no sorrow don't you know that it's true..." part it seemed a real indication of where they would go later on

Yes, I like that middle eight a lot too!

Funny, on my VJ record with that song it sounded like the tape machine was wobbly, or maybe perhaps (gasp!) they were singing out of tune, especially on the "Theeeerre is a place".

I think it sounds different on whatever CD I've got it on (Please Please Me? Rarities?).

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »

Quote from: 597

I agree.
I think it's a stand out track on Please Please Me - the lead vocal lines by both Lennon & Mccartney are amazing.
Ian Macdonald in 'Revolution in the Head' tears it apart ... lord knows why?!
From the catchy harmonica/bass intro riff, the song strives to a great beat by Ringo.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 08:21:27 PM »

Agree with everything said so far. It's an overlooked little gem of a song.

Bobber

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 08:03:10 AM »

To me, it has always been an amazing song and one that didn't really fit in on Please Please Me. It's ahead of its time and a sign of things to come.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 06:24:30 PM »

It's a very good track, one of their lost gems i think & the lyrics are very very good!
even then Lennon was expressing himself well!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 12:24:49 AM »

Quote from: 63
To me, it has always been an amazing song and one that didn't really fit in on Please Please Me. It's ahead of its time and a sign of things to come.

Quite right!  There's A Place is one of my favorite early tracks.  It's an introspective piece, quite different than their love songs of the period.  This song clearly influenced Brian Wilson's In My Room.
I can stay till it's time to go

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 07:22:50 PM »

I agree, great song that is different than the rest on the album.  Really shows in their early stages how good they were and how good they would become.
<br />

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 03:57:05 PM »

Just wondering if anyone else thinks this great song sounds out of place on the 'please please me' album ? it sounds like the stuff they were coming out with around ' Hard days night.

The Greatest thing about this song is there vocals are immense, and its great how Lennons does the lows and Macca does the Highs (extremely) but half way through Lennons voice gets higher and Macca's drops down to below Lennons.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 85 queries.