Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My coworker  (Read 2014 times)

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
My coworker
« on: July 21, 2007, 03:03:46 PM »

So yeah, I've been single for about 4 months. I just haven't found someone that I'm attracted to on a deeper level then what I'm looking for. I just turned 21 on monday and I take pride that I'm not like other people my age who say "I'm young and I should have fun and I should be dating a bunch of girls", I'm basically proud that I'm no scumbag. A beautiful girl on the outside can be good but in the end it fades with age, its the beauty on the inside that lasts a lifetime. I'm corny as hell I know but its the truth that I think people who aren't corny realize its fact. So anyways, I'm a store manager at a cell phone store(A huge difference from what I was doing a year and half ago. I was a stock boy at a dollar tree!) so it requires me to work a lot. I haven't really been on the dating scene much. I mean my store is in a mall so I meet a lot of young girls. But none have really been what I am looking for.

Well, as my topic is named I have a female coworker who I have been working with for about 8 months. We've got along really well. She was very shy and closed at first so it was hard to get her to open up for a little while. So is probably the coolest girl I've ever met. I'm a very random person, I'll be thinking something totally random and I'll be sure to bring it up. She responds so well to it. It always seems that she likes that randomness and always has something funny or just intresting to say about it. I can literally talk to her about anything. Shes witty and shes so funny. Shes also so deep and has a great understanding on how things work. She is definately someone unique and I really feel good talking to her and I know she feels the same way because she said a few times that she feels good when we talk. She can really snap me out of any bad mood I'm in. All she has to do is smile and sunshine clears the rain(Corny as hell...I know...). It helps also that she is a very beautiful girl. Its a natural beauty that an artist would strive to paint.

Well it wasn't until recently that she came back from a two week vacation from her home country Peru. I've noticed such a difference in her in the fact she feels more comfortable around me. I can just see it in the way we're interacting with each other. Shes more open to talking about herself now, less insecure. Its obvious with this post that I have feelings for her. I want to show her in subtle ways that I do. Maybe by telling her that she looks nice that day, or suprising her with a bowl of her favorite fruit. The thing is, which is the ultimate bummer is that she has a boyfriend. I'm not one to break a relationship up because I would hate if it happened to me. Here is where the problem is, do I let someone so unique someone who is such a beautiful person inside and out go? Do I do the right thing and let it go or do I follow my feelings and take the risk of showing my coworker how I feel? What do you guys think?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: My coworker
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 03:31:49 PM »

I'm sorry, I know how it feels, but I think that girls with boyfriends are off limits...

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 01:43:42 AM »

Quote from: 403
So yeah, I've been single for about 4 months. I just haven't found someone that I'm attracted to on a deeper level then what I'm looking for. I just turned 21 on monday and I take pride that I'm not like other people my age who say "I'm young and I should have fun and I should be dating a bunch of girls", I'm basically proud that I'm no scumbag. A beautiful girl on the outside can be good but in the end it fades with age, its the beauty on the inside that lasts a lifetime. I'm corny as hell I know but its the truth that I think people who aren't corny realize its fact. So anyways, I'm a store manager at a cell phone store(A huge difference from what I was doing a year and half ago. I was a stock boy at a dollar tree!) so it requires me to work a lot. I haven't really been on the dating scene much. I mean my store is in a mall so I meet a lot of young girls. But none have really been what I am looking for.

Well, as my topic is named I have a female coworker who I have been working with for about 8 months. We've got along really well. She was very shy and closed at first so it was hard to get her to open up for a little while. So is probably the coolest girl I've ever met. I'm a very random person, I'll be thinking something totally random and I'll be sure to bring it up. She responds so well to it. It always seems that she likes that randomness and always has something funny or just intresting to say about it. I can literally talk to her about anything. Shes witty and shes so funny. Shes also so deep and has a great understanding on how things work. She is definately someone unique and I really feel good talking to her and I know she feels the same way because she said a few times that she feels good when we talk. She can really snap me out of any bad mood I'm in. All she has to do is smile and sunshine clears the rain(Corny as hell...I know...). It helps also that she is a very beautiful girl. Its a natural beauty that an artist would strive to paint.

Well it wasn't until recently that she came back from a two week vacation from her home country Peru. I've noticed such a difference in her in the fact she feels more comfortable around me. I can just see it in the way we're interacting with each other. Shes more open to talking about herself now, less insecure. Its obvious with this post that I have feelings for her. I want to show her in subtle ways that I do. Maybe by telling her that she looks nice that day, or suprising her with a bowl of her favorite fruit. The thing is, which is the ultimate bummer is that she has a boyfriend. I'm not one to break a relationship up because I would hate if it happened to me. Here is where the problem is, do I let someone so unique someone who is such a beautiful person inside and out go? Do I do the right thing and let it go or do I follow my feelings and take the risk of showing my coworker how I feel? What do you guys think?

Look man, I can empathise with your situation, sure you like each other and sure you get along, if you know it will go further you know it will, you can tell from it right now. If she has a bf then you can't do anything my friend, don't let your love hurt another as you'll end up hurting yourself. All I'd do is carry on being friendily and tell her what you do, where you went at the weekend and who you were with, mayhaps she will say the same and then you can take it from there... go out together with friends one night, ask her to bring her bf along and become mates with them both... then, when the time is right, you pounce.

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 01:46:11 AM »

Thanks for the two of you who cared enough to reply. I decided what I'm going to do. I've come to the decision that I'm going to step down from my position and leave my job. I feel that I have no future at that job anymore and that I've accomplished all that I could have and now its time to move on. I've learned so much from the job, I started as a part time sales rep to a full time store manager. I feel as though I can go no further in this job and that its time to move. Another reason I'm leaving is my coworker. I had a heart shattering experience last saturday at work. I was with my other coworker chatting and she came in with her boyfriend. I was lucky with a customer when she came in to not participate in the conversation. It was so hard to act as if it were an ordinary situation. But who likes seeing one the have feelings for with someone else?

I realized that she is with someone and I am not a scumbag to come inbetween any relationship. I've decided I'm going to move on. I know the right girl will come along soon enough. Its really tough to leave the job as I'm so comfortable when it comes to finacially and stabely(My boss likes me so chances are I won't get fired anytime soon). But I've realized that I'm not happy anymore and that work has become a routine with no challenges left. I'm also tired of how dirty the cell phone business is, I hate being a middle man and having customers yell at me. My plan is to quit, and take a trip alone to New Jersey(I live in Florida) for two weeks or probably even more to do some soul searching. When I come back I'll most likely will have a job available for me as an assistant manager to a shoe store. A nice change from the cell business. I spoke to the manager of that store and she said she is willing to let me take my vacation and still give me the job.

I told my coworker who I like my plans of leaving and what I'm going to do life after Metro Pcs(The cell phone company name) and I'm not really sure but I swear her mood went from being to good to sad. She thought that I was just going to take a vacation but I told her that I was going to quit and she seemed quite sad. She thinks its a good idea to quit and just do a bit of travelling. But I swear(Not too sure though) that her mood went to a sad one. She got pretty quiet after I told her. We usually talk while with customers but she seemed distant today. Maybe I'm wishing she cared or maybe she does care. But one thing is certain that I'm heartbroken about the situation. But I know what I have to do and leaving is the best thing for me.  I'm scared because this is such a risk but at the sametime I'm excited for this because I will grow from this no doubt. Perhaps I will summon the courage and tell her how I feel about her before I leave. Anyways, for those who actually took the time to read this, I thank you for hearing me out.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »

jersey? since when is new jersey a soul-searching place? go to like maine or new hampshire or virginia or the carolinas, some place to just get lost in yourself and forget everything.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 04:15:59 PM »

Well my Uncle lives in a place in New Jersey that is 5 or 10 minutes away from New York. So I was planning on going to New York for most of the trip.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 01:29:42 AM »

you are wayne light,without a doubt!!!....why did you get your hopes up so high????did this girl give indications she wanted you??yet you played fantasies out in your head.....are you sure you aren't leaving the job because she is taken??don't leave a good job because you can't deal with it...it takes more to deal than to run away...you should to try and get over yourself  to....put yourself outside the situation and examine if you had reasons to jump to conclusions...you were hoping she was sad you were leaving huh???if that is how you handle disappointment then get ready for a bumpy ride life is full of them....just my opinion not facts dude....

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 01:56:18 AM »

Quote from: 284
you are wayne light,without a doubt!!!....why did you get your hopes up so high????did this girl give indications she wanted you??yet you played fantasies out in your head.....are you sure you aren't leaving the job because she is taken??don't leave a good job because you can't deal with it...it takes more to deal than to run away...you should to try and get over yourself  to....put yourself outside the situation and examine if you had reasons to jump to conclusions...you were hoping she was sad you were leaving huh???if that is how you handle disappointment then get ready for a bumpy ride life is full of them....just my opinion not facts dude....

Trust me, I'm not Wayne at all. I've been around here long enough to know what Wayne is like.

If you're going to be a total DB about my situation then don't reply. I have to say I don't like you and I never did. You are a judgemental prick who has fun putting people down and trying to rally people against them. You are whats called a bully...and an uneducated one at that. From what I did get out of that horrible constructed paragraph it was all just meant to insult. I don't know why you're considered a 'Special Member'. All your posts are put downs to people or they just don't make sense. Maybe you're the 'Special Member' because of your lack of education. Please do me a favor and never reply to my posts because they are either insulting or they just don't plain make sense. I don't like you and you don't like me most likely so lets do each other a favor and keep out of eachothers way.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 02:27:53 AM »

bully for you!!!see i was right you are full of yourself...it wasn't meant as an insult but should have shocked you back to reality.....i don't  hate you or anybody for that matter that takes negativity and i got no use for it...insults or constructive critque?i just say what i think...don't you?this topic is obvious of that...
all i was saying is that you generated your hope carelessly and you need to be more cautious or you will suffer more heart ache in the future...
as for your opinion of me that what it is your intitled...as for my edukation....you could be wrong about that cherry boy!!!

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 02:55:54 AM »

Quote from: 284
bully for you!!!see i was right you are full of yourself...it wasn't meant as an insult but should have shocked you back to reality.....i don't  hate you or anybody for that matter that takes negativity and i got no use for it...insults or constructive critque?i just say what i think...don't you?this topic is obvious of that...
all i was saying is that you generated your hope carelessly and you need to be more cautious or you will suffer more heart ache in the future...
as for your opinion of me that what it is your intitled...as for my edukation....you could be wrong about that cherry boy!!!

You have the wrong idea if you really believe that I'm leaving my job simply because of my coworker. Many things are contributing to it, its not just her. As for that post not being meant for an insult, you're telling me that I'm Wayne light was meant as a compliment? I see how you've bullied him and how you potray him to others as a total loon. Maybe he is a bit weird but thats no excuse for your lack of tact and insulting him. You say you have no hate for anyone but I was here long enough to see your petty arguments with Junior's Farm/SallyG to know that what you say is far from the truth.

Perhaps I can be a bit full of myself, but that is one of the reasons I'm going to leave my job and go on a roadtrip. I'm trying to fix that aspect of my personality. At least I recognize it and am trying to fix it. You're right about me generating hope carelessly and I'll keep that advice close. I just think you need to use more tact when you're giving your opinion.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 03:10:39 AM »

sorry for the lack of tact,it's just the way i am,it was the way i was raised,it might not be my fault,probally helps me keep my kids in line too...true i detest what dwight(jr-sallyg) became because we were tight b4...do you know what caused our rift????probally not you only saw what was printed in the forum...it went deeper than you realize....i don't think you are leaving bcause her...i just saying exam the cause of the sudden urgency...it could bind you up...be cautious and i haven't insult the loony for sometime and even wayne knows i don't hate him or him me,his ignorance on certain matters kind of grates me but i don't go out of my way to be mean to him....all the time any ways....i hope he has found love...and i wish you well in your endeavours too...no hate here bro...
so you know i'm in florida too...born and raised....

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 03:31:51 AM »

Apology accepted, I apologize too for what I said. You're right about not knowing the true reason you guys drifted apart and it was wrong for me for bring it up. I appreciate your advice as it really is making me reexamine my situation.

As Michael Scott from the TV show 'The Office' says "Hug it out b****'  
<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=2kbR4p4TO7g" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=2kbR4p4TO7g</a>

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 03:54:55 AM »

it's all good then...see you around......you listen to the outlaws?they were a florida band...

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 04:23:10 AM »

Marshall, you untactful bullying bastard. Me thinks you've turned over a new leaf my friend.

Whoeveriam

• A Beginning
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 06:20:14 AM »

Look man, I can empathise with your situation, sure you like each other and sure you get along, if you know it will go further you know it will, you can tell from it right now. If she has a bf then you can't do anything my friend, don't let your love hurt another as you'll end up hurting yourself. All I'd do is carry on being friendily and tell her what you do, where you went at the weekend and who you were with, mayhaps she will say the same and then you can take it from there... go out together with friends one night, ask her to bring her bf along and become mates with them both... then, when the time is right, you pounce.

Jeez, That's great that is.

Page created in 0.645 seconds with 64 queries.