Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Beatles Future ?  (Read 2571 times)

The Beatles Future ?
« on: September 03, 2007, 07:50:20 PM »

" The Beatles Future " how do you think The Beatles will be thought about in the future im talking 100 years from now ?
Will they still be influencial ? ,will popular music still mater ? will the kids be into something else ? How would you like to see there future legacy managed ?
Lots of possibilities and im going to miss most of it , but i do wonder sometimes what the future holds for The Beatles .

DaveRam   :) ;)

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
Re: The Beatles Future ?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 09:28:26 PM »

Hmm I often wonder about this. It's so hard to tell!

I believe the Beatles legacy will still be going strong. I'm not too sure how. 100 years isn't that long when you think about it. The whole Beatles vibe just has so much power. There is something very unique about being a fan of the Beatles in comparison with being a fan of any other band (from my experience). Their whole legacy is just so huge and so detailed, and I think people and new generations will continue to discover that.

With a bit of luck I will have some beatle-loving grandchildren/great grandchildren wandering about the planet. Ha.

edit: I have no idea what new directions of music will come to be. Already there's music inspired by the Beatles which has inspired other music so there is stuff which is indirectly beatles-influenced. I'm sure that will continue to happen (and the sad thing is, the Beatles seem to get little credit for this second-hand influence). The future of music is quite a spooky thought really.
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 10:03:35 PM »

The Beatles future.... that's interesting and sometimes I've wondered if 100 years from now they will remembered....

Well that question doesn't have an answer right nowm but I remember a documentary about the most influential people and events of the last millennium and The Beatles were among Bill Gates, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Nicholas Copernicus, to name a few.... So that might give us an idea of how huge was their impact.

As tangerine says, being a Beatles'fan is something special....bands come and go but The Beatles are always there like they had never really gone.... Also the fact that in this fourm there are a lots of younger fans is another proof that their music goes beyond generations....

I believe in the future when people talk about the 20th century, they will mention that little band from Liverpool who shocked the world in an inimaginable way.....  One thing I know for sure... Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Beyonce will be forgotten in a couple of decades...
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 12:40:52 AM »

I cant remember who said it or how it exactly went, but some college prefessor said something on the lines of,,,,

"Long after radio is forgotten, the Beatles will still be remembered."

Thats a pretty powerful statement.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 02:01:51 AM »

I've thought about this before, and as everyone is saying, it's a little hard to tell. I think they'll be remembered in the next 100 years, definitly. Probably even in the hundreds. If you think about it, they have more fans in the world than any other band, I'm guessing. And chances are that all of us fans will pass the Beatles down to our children, and they'll pass it down to theirs, and it will keep on going. I bet that my great, or even great great grandchildren will like the Beatles. It's really weird to think about, and it's impossible to tell for sure.

If they are still remembered in the next 150 or 200+ years, can you imagine what music will be like then? It's so weird to think about it. Like, after all the music the world has gone through, will people 200 years from now still think that the Beatles are great and in style?

I just wish that they will be rememered forever. Who knows? Maybe they will with the big impact they had.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 02:14:22 AM »

Quote from: 766
The Beatles future.... that's interesting and sometimes I've wondered if 100 years from now they will remembered....

As tangerine says, being a Beatles'fan is something special....bands come and go but The Beatles are always there like they had never really gone.... Also the fact that in this fourm there are a lots of younger fans is another proof that their music goes beyond generations....

I believe in the future when people talk about the 20th century, they will mention that little band from Liverpool who shocked the world in an inimaginable way.....  One thing I know for sure... Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Beyonce will be forgotten in a couple of decades...

I couldn't agree with this more....bravo!

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 03:21:19 AM »

hmmm not sure, if you  think about how many fans there were during Beatlemania and so on, most of the planet were Beatles fans, and since then with knowing or not, they have then passed the Beatles legacy on to the next generation.

but there are no where near the amount of Beatles fans today as there where back then ?, so surely if theres less now, when they go to pass it on to the next generation it will decrease further?.

The Beatles as iconic and as great as they are hardly get any airplay here in the uk (not so sure worldwide), and the only chance anyone have had a chance to get to listen to them is by either through there parents or by an off chance the radio stations play one or two of there tracks.

they will be remembered as probably the greatest musicians/artists of the 20th century, whether people know there music is a different thing.

but i do think 100 years from now Paul will be viewed as the most important musician/songwriter of all time

komakino

• Getting Better
  • fly me to the moon
    • last.fm
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 07:32:21 AM »

when i talk to people in my age people know the beatles but usually don't listen to them anymore. they are part of the music-lessons in school. important like beethoven but nothing to listen to.
when i play songs to a lot of them start to understand that this is not only history, this is real music, real emotions and real fun. i made a lot friends to beatle-fans and they are thankful for that. the beatles turned from theory to real joy.
when i was in london everyone knew who the beatles were, there was beatle-stuff in every corner... even my cousin who never listen to english music or watch english tv recognized george on a little picture without problems. here in vienna people in their 40s usually can't remember george anymore. when it comes to john lennon they tell me "yeah, he's good... i know this one song.... how is it called... imagine?"
so... to me it seems like the beatles will not be really forgotten in 200 years.... they'll be part of the books, of music-theory and of history. the big impact they had on culture, the sixties.... but i think they won't play a big role in the music people really listen to. i'll play them to my children and grandchildren... and i hope they'll like them too (and almost everyone who listens to them does... people just don't listen anymore) but people think already it's strange for a young girl to listen to this kind of music.
the big impact helps for sure to be remembered... but last week i had to realize that hardly anyone i know has ever heard of buddy holly.
george george whoops george whoops george george george

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 08:22:25 AM »

Some great viewpoints and im glad it's not only me who's wonderd what the future holds for The Beatles.
I think the music will stand the test of time ,and i think the 60's will also be a decade that is rememberd . But it is a worry some people don't know who Buddy Holly is, a similar thing happend to me i mentioned at a family gathering i was listening to Aladdin Sane and my niece said who are they .
When i said it's a David Bowie album she said ive never heard of it , she only knew of Bowie from the Labyrinth movie , which made me think ?

DaveRam :)

komakino

• Getting Better
  • fly me to the moon
    • last.fm
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 09:14:23 AM »

well, at least she knew bowie.... bob dylan is for almost everyone i know "the curly guy she listens to... terrible voice as far as i know"
george george whoops george whoops george george george

BlueMeanie

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 11:12:42 AM »

Quote from: 758
hmmm not sure, if you  think about how many fans there were during Beatlemania and so on, most of the planet were Beatles fans, and since then with knowing or not, they have then passed the Beatles legacy on to the next generation.

but there are no where near the amount of Beatles fans today as there where back then ?, so surely if theres less now, when they go to pass it on to the next generation it will decrease further?.

The Beatles as iconic and as great as they are hardly get any airplay here in the uk (not so sure worldwide), and the only chance anyone have had a chance to get to listen to them is by either through there parents or by an off chance the radio stations play one or two of there tracks.

they will be remembered as probably the greatest musicians/artists of the 20th century, whether people know there music is a different thing.

but i do think 100 years from now Paul will be viewed as the most important musician/songwriter of all time

Good points FT. I don't think we have any right to expect The Beatles to be remembered in, say 150 years. People remember Mozart, Beethoven, and the like because their music is well and truly being kept alive through new recordings, and live concerts. With classical music it's all about the composer, and not the musicians (for the most part). And not for nothing were the first CD's aimed at the classical market. The old blues masters have largely been forgotten, as have the likes of Bill Haley, and Buddy Holly amongst the younger generation.

The Beatles will certainly leave a lot of historical evidence in the can. They will not be forgotten, but ultimately I don't think we can expect them to be more than a footprint to the history of music, in the future.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 12:29:44 PM »

Quote from: 483
The Beatles will certainly leave a lot of historical evidence in the can. They will not be forgotten, but ultimately I don't think we can expect them to be more than a footprint to the history of music, in the future.

Precisely. And as long as there are Beatle fans (like ourselves) the Beatles undying flame will keep on shining. They will alwyas BE there- as a reminder, an example, an inspiration and/or purely satisfaction.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 01:41:23 PM »

my friend who said she didn't know barely any Beatles music asked me to send her some, so I sent her a varied selection of what are generally considered to be good'uns. Having listened through them, she let me know 'she couldn't see what anyone could possibly like about them. They sound weird'.  ::) Hopefully not too many people will take this attitude into the future.
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 03:58:22 PM »

Quote from: 758

I believe there will definitely be a resurgence of interest in the years ahead. I agree w/ your point that fewer ppl know their music as they did in their heyday, but that's probably because of the high profile of hip hop and other forms that are currently in vogue and have yet to run their course. Time eventually separates the "wheat from the chaff" (not to demean rap as culturally relevant, but does it have the staying power The Beatles revolution had ?  I seriously doubt it) I'm sure appreciation for the likes of Mozart and Beethoven had periodic "slumps", but as we know, the greats always find a renaissance of popular interest in the long run. Their catalog is not as widely known currently by the young (unless they're true die-hards)but this is only a temporary state of affairs. Their work is just too great to be ignored indefinitely...Once they hear a Beatles album, there's simply no going back.

Pasta Cheif

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 05:18:06 PM »

I think The Beatles will be just as popular if not more so in 100 years. They are more relavant today than ever it seems to me. More and more younger people I know seem to be discovering their music all of the time.
  In 100 years, people will be interested in these sites just as people now go them to discuss a band that hasn't been together in 37 years. Just look at the rumor of McCartney's death, raised and debunked in the fall of 1969, still now wends its way across the Internet, where there are scores of "Paul is dead" Web sites.

Their records are still selling after forty years, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Probably in their time many people thought that this kind of music would never last. But what about music from just a few years ago like Hootie and The Blowfish? At the time in the mid nineties they were very popular, but already they are beginning to be forgotten. N'SYNC? Godsmack? Tool? Korn? I don't think they made the kind of impact as the Beatles did and continue to do with later generations. I guess my point is, based on the Beatles sustained longevity to this point after 40 years, if any band will still be influential or continue to impact...it will be The Beatles.
&quot;Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive&quot;

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 05:38:50 PM »

Quote from: 829

I believe there will definitely be a resurgence of interest in the years ahead. I agree w/ your point that fewer ppl know their music as they did in their heyday, but that's probably because of the high profile of hip hop and other forms that are currently in vogue and have yet to run their course. Time eventually separates the "wheat from the chaff" (not to demean rap as culturally relevant, but does it have the staying power The Beatles revolution had ?  I seriously doubt it) I'm sure appreciation for the likes of Mozart and Beethoven had periodic "slumps", but as we know, the greats always find a renaissance of popular interest in the long run. Their catalog is not as widely known currently by the young (unless they're true die-hards)but this is only a temporary state of affairs. Their work is just too great to be ignored indefinitely...Once they hear a Beatles album, there's simply no going back.

i believe they will be remembered too, but it will be only a select few who actually listen too them, the rest will listen to the norm(future electronic sounds), with every generation they will become more iconic and legendary but theyre will be less and less people who own or listen to them, im sorry i think as time goes on because theyre will be no living beatle or anyone involved in there music to come up with new ideas to re-release or put on shows to remember them like love.

And sites like is paul dead are only interesting as he is still alive today when he is gone, will people really be  that interested whether or not he died in the 60s or whether he died in 2010+ ?

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 08:45:53 PM »

They'll probley be a Paul is Alive rumour! :P

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 10:32:27 PM »

Quote from: 614

LOL! Andy, you made my day.

Yes, I can so absolutely see this. The only question is, when?  ;D
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 11:57:25 PM »

lmao

BlueMeanie

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 12:03:50 AM »

Quote from: 614

No, he is the undead. ;D
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 84 queries.