Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Chronicles of a Daft bastard...  (Read 544 times)

McMaul

• One And One Is Two
Chronicles of a Daft bastard...
« on: October 28, 2007, 10:04:41 PM »

I was gigging in Fleetwood last week. And I say now, with hand on horn, that Fleetwood was mental. I thought Fleetwood would be a sedate, little seaside town. Big mistake!! I was gigging at a pub called "Dead 'uns" with my band of scallywags, and we decided to book into a hotel, cause it was goin to be a late one.

We went onstage at 9.45, after the rugbo ended, and the crowd were well up for a good night, after the disappointments of the game. The landlord was a big lad, who looked like Big Vern from the Viz comic, and as the night went on, he was gettin more and more drunk, plying the band with booze, and demanding we attend his wedding. At one point, he insisted that his beer was to expensive, and urged us to buy some cans from the booze buster next door, and keep them nice and cold in his fridge??? Yes, you heard me right. So we did.

After several aftershocks, the room started goin a bit fuzzy, but I kept goin.

The landlord, who was called big Ted, disappeared upstairs, then came back down, dressed in a red furry dressing gown, with a fluffy pink scarf around his neck. I didn't know what was going to happen next, so was taken off guard during Ac dc's touch too much, when Ted swaggered over, and started doing tipple overs and forward rolls right at my feet???

The crowd loved it, and I could barely contunue singing for fits of laughter.

This went on for a few more songs, until we winded it down, and all chilled down for a lock in.

Later, as we left around 3.30 am, Ted came outside and started doing more forward rolls in his dressing gown, on the main road outside his pub.

I will always remember Fleetwood with a fond heart, it is Mental!!

The band with big Ted the acrobatic Landlord

Me and Big Ted

OH CRIKEY, ERM, CRUMBS, OO-ER, HOW DID THAT GET IN THERE???
(Mr Kite's award winning costume from last years Star wars and "have a banana fritter" Jamboree, in Hattersley)
&quot;Let your DarkSide be your compass!!!&quot;<br /><br />Darth Maul-Absolution<br /><br /><br />myspace.com/darthmacleod_sl_666 <br /><br />
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
Re: Chronicles of a Daft bastard...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 10:15:41 PM »

I wished i`d been there , so Fleetwood rocks  ;)
Wallflower Has Blossomed

McMaul

• One And One Is Two
Re: Chronicles of a Daft bastard...
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 10:18:44 PM »

ACKLAM STEEL AND SOCIAL CLUB, MIDDLESBROUGH.

Another triumphant venue acquired by squat Betty, our agent, this time, further north, and a little firther down the 1970's wormhole from Fleetwoods quaint postcard charm.

To put it in a nutshell, the club was huge, with a pink stage (black woodchip on the wall) and was complimented by a pinkish decor throughout the cavernous gaff.

I spotted the bingo callers podium from the corner, and my pants sucked up me bum with fear. Any minute now, a horde of swarthy,rock hard Teesiders would walk in, and stake their places, lead pipes in pocket if we didn't play Hotel california. As we set up, the place started to fill up, and pretty soon, the view was a vast lawn of purple rinses, and diamente blouses. We all agreed to phone our mams and partners with messages of farewell, etc, we were going to get bum raped and eaten. If we were lucky. I feared the most, being the most handsome member of the band, so set about drinking quickly to get to oblivion city quicker. Which was not too hard, it was &#163;1.80 a pint!!!

YABBA DABBA DOOOO!!!

If I was blind drunk, it would dull the sound of a thousand work boots kicking me up the arse, and in the head.

We got onstage, and gave it our best. I had seriously underestimated our audience, because they were a fantastic crowd. They even got up to dance. we did five encores, and I was fit to drop!! I shall never forget the beauty, that is a coupla hundred bingo wings flapping to "smoke on the water", thru the dry ice, and the scent of Hi-karate, heavy in the air, with the sweet catp*ss aroma of Charlie perfume.

Great night, and we got paid &#163;500 for it!!!

More next time, when I play in the Sheep worrying capital of Yorkshire that is Huddersfield!!

Toodly pip!!!

&quot;Let your DarkSide be your compass!!!&quot;<br /><br />Darth Maul-Absolution<br /><br /><br />myspace.com/darthmacleod_sl_666 <br /><br />

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 41 queries.