Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A Toot and a Snore(Snort)...thoughts?  (Read 1358 times)

Paul Doherty

• A Beginning
A Toot and a Snore(Snort)...thoughts?
« on: January 08, 2008, 03:00:44 PM »

anyone else have this boot?  When i was knee high to a grasshopper,i remember seeing it in a record shop and being totally baffled by it.Years later i had the chance of getting a copy,and boy was it strange.Its a terrible pity about the lack of creativity and effort really from all parties.Its still a great part of anyones collection though.
Any thoughts?

P.s....sorry if this has been covered already.

Paul

Heres the lowdown...........

Toot and a Snore in '74 is a rare bootleg album of the one and only jam session in which John Lennon and Paul McCartney played together after the break-up of the Beatles. First mentioned by Lennon in a 1975 intereview, details were brought to light in May Pang's 1983 book, Loving John -- and it gained wider prominence when McCartney made reference to the session in a 1997 interview. Discussing with Australian writer Sean Sennett in his Soho office, McCartney claimed the 'session was hazy ... for a number of reasons'. The story is corroborated by biographies such as Christopher Sandford's 2006 McCartney.[1]

Lennon was in his "lost weekend", kicked out of the house by Yoko Ono for 18 months; thus he was with his girlfriend May Pang. Sandford paints the scene very vividly, as the room froze when McCartney walked in, and remained perfectly silent until Lennon said, "Valiant Paul McCartney, I presume?" McCartney responded: "Sir Jasper Lennon [a character Lennon played during an early TV appearance skit], I presume?" McCartney extended a hand, Lennon shook it, and the mood was pleasant but subdued, cordial but not especially warm (at least initially). McCartney went to Los Angeles at Ono's request to help John repair his marriage with Yoko.

Lennon had begun producing Harry Nilsson's latest album, girl private Cats, when Paul and Linda McCartney dropped in on the Burbank Studios session on March 28, 1974. They were joined by Stevie Wonder, Harry Nilsson, Jesse Ed Davis, May Pang, Bobby Keys and producer Ed Freeman for an impromptu jam session.

What followed was not very productive. Lennon sounds to be on cocaine
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

Re: A Toot and a Snore(Snort)...thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »

Even though I'm quite a collector of Bootlegs, I've never bothered to get this. Must get round to it one day, just for historical reasons.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 03:11:19 PM »

It's of historical value. That's all. The music is pretty bad.

Paul Doherty

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »

yeah i agree,its worth having though.I think ive listened to it twice in the years ive had it.Poor Stevie Wonder eh? Lennon was a bad influence  ;D

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 06:43:49 PM »

It was a golden missed oportunity....interesting to have though. ;)

There are some threads around on it I believe....I'll try & have a dig around although I think the conclusion was the same. lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 11:17:03 PM »

Quote from: 483
Even though I'm quite a collector of Bootlegs, I've never bothered to get this. Must get round to it one day, just for historical reasons.
you mean hysterical...

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 46 queries.