Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: hot or cold  (Read 3145 times)

TheBeatlesForever

• A Beginning
  • Waiting For The Cubs To Win The World Series
hot or cold
« on: August 06, 2008, 07:52:03 PM »

do you prefer hot or cold weather. i prefer cold cause i hate humidity. the perfect weather for me is around 65 degrees.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
Re: hot or cold
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 08:21:55 PM »

It depends on what is cold and hot. If it`s extreme i would prefer cold. But on the whole I like it when you just have to put on a very light jacket (early autumn)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 08:23:12 PM »

i love it when its colder when im delivering the post even a nice wee shower refreshes me and warm when im off ;)

overall i would prefer it to be too cold rather than too warm, because if youre too cold you can add layers of clothing if yer too warm theres only so much that can come off.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 08:27:09 PM »

I love the winter!  I love snow, skating everything that goes along with it!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:58:06 PM »

I HATE THE COLD!  

I cannot stand being cold and I am always so dang cold!!!  Perfect temp for me is 90 degrees.  Anything lower than 60 and I am bundled like an eskimo.

The thing about it for me is that, once I am cold, I cannot seem to get warm.  In the winter here (which in the winter I would say our highs are 50 degrees and our lows won't go below 35) I suffer.  I mean I wear like nylons, long socks and pants and like a camisole, t shirt, sweat shirt and jacket. Oh and a scarf.  It doesn't even get cold enough here to snow.  I cannot imagine what would happen to me if I moved somewhere and had to deal with snow.  I think I might die.

I have to wear a blanket wrapped around me at work because they keep it so dang cold in there.  And they let you have a fan but no heaters!!!  That is so unfair!  If they are going to allow fans but no heaters, then I think they should make it warm in the office.  The people who are hot, turn on your fan.  That way I can be warm and work comfortably!!

Didn't mean for this post to go on this long, but as you can see, I have a very strong opinion on this topic  ;D
<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 07:18:58 AM »

On the whole I prefer winter. It usually snows here, and I love it. I think I'm lucky to live in a part of the world that has four very well defined seasons. I'd hate to live somewhere like California, which is fairly warm/hot all year round. Or South East Asia which tends to be hot, humid and rainy all the time.

TheBeatlesForever

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 02:47:48 PM »

well i used to live in chicago and when it snowed it would stay on the ground for weeks. over here in tennessee when it snows it stays on the ground for like 5 min. so you have to enjoy it before it all melts.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 03:38:14 PM »

Quote from: 758
i love it when its colder when im delivering the post even a nice wee shower refreshes me and warm when im off ;)

overall i would prefer it to be too cold rather than too warm, because if youre too cold you can add layers of clothing if yer too warm theres only so much that can come off.
^^^^^^^You hit it right, fendertele.  I prefer cold weather because you can always bundle up and stay warm.  But with hot weather, you can only take off so many clothes to make it "legal"............

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »

I love all Four Seasons !  I`m a man for all seasons , It would be nice to have a summer now and again  :-/

Big Girls dont cry etc .
Wallflower Has Blossomed

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 07:24:17 PM »

I don't like the cold. Well, what I don't like is snow and all the work that comes with it, like shovelling snow and what have you. I also don't like big bulky winter clothes, boots, mitts, and scarves, and many cancellations that happen in the wintertime. I would much rather be lying on a beach soaking up the rays of the sun!
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 08:41:32 PM »

The sun and the sea make me like hot weather too!

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 12:43:49 AM »

Gimmie the ocean, the sun and a corona and I am in heaven!
<br />

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 09:22:47 AM »

Oh wow, cold is winning... I went for hot (like this: 8) ) "It's a sunshine life for me..." (musicnotes) ;D
It's definitely true that you can always bundle up when you're cold, but...... I still prefer the heat, probably because it never really gets too hot down here (in my opinion anyway).
Actually cold and dry is not too bad, but cold and rainy, or worse, cold, rainy and windy (as it is now) is not my favourite situation to be in.

On the other hand...

Quote from: 1204
Gimmie the ocean, the sun and a corona and I am in heaven!

.... give me those too (maybe without the corona... that's a beer, innit?) and I'm happier :)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 10:33:42 AM »

I'm used to hot weather, here in the Philippines when it turns cold it only means that it's raining. Oh i haven't seen or even touched snow for all my life.
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 01:14:34 PM »

Quote from: 1420
I'm used to hot weather, here in the Philippines when it turns cold it only means that it's raining. Oh i haven't seen or even touched snow for all my life.
But is it possible? When everything is covered with snow you feel you are in a fairy-tale, the beauty of it can`t be expressed with words. But you have plenty of time to see it in future.  ::)

blackmath

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 05:23:09 PM »

i hate heat with passion. especially now that its so hot here. but i like summer because theres no school and i drink lemonade all day so it keeps me sane. but drinking hot chocolate in winter is much more fun.

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 07:26:00 PM »

I honestly can't decide. I live in Boston! We get EVERYTHING here. I've grown so used to the really cold winters and the wicked hot summers.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

TheBeatlesForever

• A Beginning
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 08:20:08 PM »

same here in chicago

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 11:55:40 PM »

I love cold weather because no matter how hot it is all you can do is take off and you can only take off so much clothing. When you're cold you can put on scarves and hats and pants. when you're hot you get all sweaty and gross. BLEH :o

Okay

• A Beginning
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 03:53:16 AM »

I like cold better, used to it I guess
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 87 queries.